So apparently a ton of dialogue/banter was not triggering...

At least for me. In various sidequests and party banter, I swear I've gotten more party dialogue in 6 hrs on 1.2 than in my entire last 1.1 playthrough :p

Family Pride comes to mind where Palli speaks her mind on a potential resolution, which adds a ton of context.

However did experience a bug where emo Aloth wanted to have a discussion with but was cut off mid sentence.

Anyone else having the similar experiences?

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

I very rarely had any inter-companion conversations my entire first playthrough. I think it was related to the launch state where romances and companion arguments triggered basically immediately. People would talk about Pallegina and Tekehu having arguments, and I kept both in my party for ages and nothing happened. I'm looking forward to seeing if things change for my second go-round

• Like 2

I'm hearing the shanties with a female lead vocalist for the first time. Thought I just had ****ty hearing to not have noticed them before 1.2, but now I can tell they're distinctly different from the male ones. Color me pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'm hearing the shanties with a female lead vocalist for the first time. Thought I just had ****ty hearing to not have noticed them before 1.2, but now I can tell they're distinctly different from the male ones. Color me pleasantly surprised.

This was in pre-1.2, it only triggers if your crewmembers are a female majority. If you're hiring males later into your crew it'll go back to the versions you're used to hearing

• Like 2

Yeah, there were a lot of companion bugs.  I think I was lucky and didn't have it as bad as some, but I think I might have missed out on the companion -> companion interactions a lot.  Glad to hear it was partially or fully fixed!

Vela still banters like shes ship crew though (at least with beta 1.2. Didnt test with live 1.2 up to now). Its kind of funny, but after like the second time its not.

Like what she was up to that gives a sense of what it was like to grew up with the wathcer, or a remark that she misses running around the castle or whatever. 3 or 4 unique sentences shouldnt be too much, even if most probably didnt get her.

• Like 1

Vela still banters like shes ship crew though (at least with beta 1.2. Didnt test with live 1.2 up to now). Its kind of funny, but after like the second time its not.

Like what she was up to that gives a sense of what it was like to grew up with the wathcer, or a remark that she misses running around the castle or whatever. 3 or 4 unique sentences shouldnt be too much, even if most probably didnt get her.

What's funny is they thought dialogue for char from a throwaway mission was more important than sidekicks and ship crew lol.