[BUG] 1.2 - Watcher's Blade visuals bugged

Grim_22

Question

17 answers to this question

You could use dropbox for save files.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Page 5. More than two weeks since the thread was started and still no confirmation that it's being looked into.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Bump.

It's still there, i've fiddle around with the code. The anomaly appears tied to the sword prefab ("prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/sword/a_sword01_v02_watcher.asset") that we can't have access to. (i hoped one could simply dl Unity engine and try to solve it for oneself but you can't really decompile thoses unity 3d files anymore)

I was hoping this was an issue with the on equip visual effect, maybe a wrong value for the glow. But no, as it stands, the only way to make the sword look normal again is to replace the awakened sword prefab (v02) with its former v01 loosing the glow altogether. So you trade the visual bug for the unique look of the weapon.

Frustrating because it looks like a simple and easy fix given access.

Cordially -Triskald.

PS:

Just letting people know that one can obtain a semi satisfactory result by adding the magistrate's cudgel particle effect onto the standard watcher sword as temporary fix. Problem with that given sword the aura only hovers around the tip whereas it shows on the whole of other swords (and i've tried attach modes). So for now im rolling with an enchanted whispers of yenwood as fixed watcher's blade. Truly is THE watcher's blade in this case. I dont like having twice the same sword but at the same time this kinda fits the lore as the whispers of yenwood was unexplainably found in the middle of caed nua's throne room after the last owner went mad and ran away with it.

And so doesnt seem that odd that you would find your old sword again as if it was put into your path delibaretely (plus the whole inspect to reveal feels very soulbound like).

Tldr: Ain't a fix but a replacement, glows purple but not in the same way. Can upload the files if people want. But it just looks like yenwood (or whichever sword you want) with the aura, it doesnt have this purple white-hot look the original blade has. The hilt is just bugging me too much.

Edited by Triskald

Hi Achilles,

I'll be using your provided save file in this post to investigate the issue further. Thanks for all the bumps.

You’re welcome.

More than a little bummed that this didn’t get bugged early enough to make it into 2.0. Guess I’ll have to cross my fingers for next month

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Alas,

I am but a mere mortal. Had I eyes to see all, I would have acted upon this post-haste. But in all seriousness, thank you. Due to these bumps that I've been noticing more and more of on other threads, I've upped my Perception and will do my utmost to make successful hits in response to the community's posts.

P.S. No, I will not be physically hitting people's posts.

Have a great day! :D

• Like 3

It was only on the first three pages 8 times. I would have bumped it more often, but I really wasn’t trying to be obnoxious. I suppose the other option was to pat myself on the back for trying and resigned myself to living with a bug that was never going to get fixed.

PS: don’t worry about that other thread I tried to keep on your radar; the random hard reboots appear to have gone away. Hopefully they don’t return on my next playthrough, otherwise I might have to ask myself how I feel about spending $1,200 on a game I can’t play.

Edited by Achilles

Marked as resolved in the patch notes, but still present in 2.0. Please re-open.