Which ranged DPS will crit most often: Scout, Hunter, or Savage?

I want to fill a party slot with someone designed to crit as often as possible with the Frostseeker warbow.  It'd be a high-perception hearth orlan naruarlly, and a multiclassed Ranger (though not sharpshooter; the -10 deflection just seems too high a price). But which class should it be combined with to crit most frequently?

Rogue (Assassin): Brings +25 accuracy and +50% crit damage from stealth, and +10% crit to hit Dirty Fighting passive.  Lots of abilities to increase weapon damage.  Also, I think you could dump INT, making it less of a glass cannon. 

Fighter (Devoted): Devoted brings +25% damage on all crits (not just from stealth), and Disciplined Strikes brings +25% hit to crit for 15 seconds.  Lots of survivability abilities.

Barbarian (no subclass): Barbaric/Crushing Blow gives +30% hit to crit & +50% crit damage. Bloody Slaughter brings +20% hit to crit against those under 25% health.  But I think the big thing here is the attack speed increase from Frenzy (+25%) and Bloodlust (+10% on kill).  More shots = more chances to crit.  The downside is that, as with Hunter, you need INT to make Frenzy last.

I think it's between Scout & Savage, and that Savage has the advantage, but maybe I missed something.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

scout i say but if using frost seeker and you have a bear or boar sharpshooter is great you wont get hit at all you are not even doing solo why are you worried about deflection on a ranged dps but even single class is great for what you are doing as you can get twice the projectiles if you are single class

Edited by Quickpawmaud
  • Like 1

A berserker barb will generate the most crits. But a rogue has the best actives with frostseeker. But if u really just want to crit a lot go berserker and drink pots of perfect aim. Pick the Orlan for another small boost for hit to crit.

why people always hatin on single class man they gain power faster and have higher level abilities and more casts and frostseeker is meant for maximum projectiles anyway

They have a lot less casts then a multiclass. A single class ranger does not have enough good choices to justify going singleclass.

• Like 1

Scout has the best synergy as a lot of strikes with accuracy bonus to help crit and the hit to crit conversion, even without assassin you'll be getting in a lot of crits. Sharpshooter is a good choice and the deflection penalty can be circumvented with potions or buffs from companions.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fighter/Ranger and by far. Remember that, your added perception will result in more crits due to how the attack roll system works, and Ranger's have heaps and heaps and heaps of possible accuracy bonuses. Fighter has access to the astounding Tactical barrage, which for its duration gives the impressive set of bonuses.

+5 Perception, 50% Graze-to-Hit, 25% Hit-to-Crit

That's not exactly as good as a barbarian's natural hit to crit, but its damn good! Conquers Stance is another flat, always on +10 Accuracy. Something I read elsewhere was that straight X to X conversions were not additive, so there is a bit of diminishing returns action going on. Raw Accuracy helps here a lot since it is additive. Not to mention as a resource spender, Penetrating strike is nice: 4 bonus penetration and 20% bonus damage, works with any weapon (so ranged). Can also pick up armored grace which isnt bad!

Yeah I mean warbows in general are not that great except for the looks maybe. Saint Ommaku's is kind of decent if you pump survival skill for extra damage on it but even it falls short of Hunting bow with fast modal on.  If you care about dps and bow use Ammiina's Legacy Hunting bow and go dwarf ranger lol (that bow has a bonus racial for dwarf and stun on hit) to get something like 15% stun on hit (not crit). Combine with monk and you have good dps and stun all day long. 

Let's calculate: 

You need legendary weapon: +16
You need highest active skill: +25 from Arquebuse modal
You need highest passive skills bonus: +20 from Ranger, +20 from Ranger full attack
You need highest perception bonus: ~+12

+ ring +4
+ head +5
+ ranger talent +5

In summary only ranger can get  you +107
With L20 you will get +77 
= 184

Highest defense in the game which I currently saw is something near +130, so you will has something like +54% - 84% to crit chance, then you need to decide which class suite better for you play-style

Assassin is usually (3 - 4) crit and run guy, good DPS until you run of guile
Berserker is really good: AS on kill, Hit -> Crit conversion, AOE attack
Devoted: +10ACC, +25% Hit -> Crit, +2Pen, +25% to crit DM, +Recovery speed from armor grace
Street-fighter currently the highest DPS class +150% to DM, +50% Recovery speed, but not really good as ranger subclass

So I offer to go with Devoted as more stable class or as Street-fighter if you know how to get your bonuses

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Let's calculate: 

You need legendary weapon: +16

You need highest active skill: +25 from Arquebuse modal

You need highest passive skills bonus: +20 from Ranger, +20 from Ranger full attack

You need highest perception bonus: ~+12

+ ring +4

+ head +5

+ ranger talent +5

In summary only ranger can get  you +107

With L20 you will get +77 

= 184

Highest defense in the game which I currently saw is something near +130, so you will has something like +54% - 84% to crit chance, then you need to decide which class suite better for you play-style

Assassin is usually (3 - 4) crit and run guy, good DPS until you run of guile

Berserker is really good: AS on kill, Hit -> Crit conversion, AOE attack

Devoted: +10ACC, +25% Hit -> Crit, +2Pen, +25% to crit DM, +Recovery speed from armor grace

Street-fighter currently the highest DPS class +150% to DM, +50% Recovery speed, but not really good as ranger subclass

So I offer to go with Devoted as more stable class or as Street-fighter if you know how to get your bonuses

You can sacrifice Sagani for another +4 total (+3 ranged accuracy/+1perception)

Streetfighter really good dps but probably not suitable for ranged squishy bow user as you need to be flanked and bloodied to get those bonuses

Edit: also if you use stuff like Fleetbreaker or Spearcaster you will get insane accuracy bonuses by adding to arcana skill from those crossbows/arbalests greatly increasing your accuracy and crit chance - you can probably get over 200 accuracy with the bonuses from Spearcaster or at least as much as with Arquabas modal on without sacrificing the reload time the arquebus modal requires

Edited by 1TTFFSSE