Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modding Patch Notes for 1.2.0.0017

patch-notes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

Before I start going all Dr. Frankenstein on my mods, do I have a correct understanding of how load order works? That is, if two mods which modify the same file, say mod A and mod B, are placed in the override folder, the game's default is to load them in alphabetical order, which means mod B wins. But if the user goes into the in-game mod manager and moves A later in the load order than B, then A wins. Is that right?

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Mega way cool

TT1 - check this out

This is a one line patch to the infamous Parrot

In your mod Directory create a piccy @ gui/icons/items/misc/dead_parrot.png

Now, simply change...

"IconTextureLarge": "gui/icons/items/misc/pet_white_bird_l.png",

To...

"IconTextureLarge": "gui/icons/items/misc/dead_parrot.png",

And we get this

@BMac - can we have IconTextureSmall as well please as this is a really great feature

I usually do 256x256 art or powers of 2 - 512, 1024, 2048 etc for a large - can we have a recommended size for art

That particular image is simply a test so can't let you have it - it's some guy's Parrot T-Shirt design and hence is © <someone>

I've got two artists who want to start adding modding contrubutions

I'll go contact them now

parrot.png

• TT1 and kilay like this

TT1

TT1

Transcendent Spirit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Haha, pretty good.

peardox

peardox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

It was only a quick test I did on Sunday

If you do your Modder's slack (poe2.slack.com - invite only ATM - PM me your email for an invite) I've added a few comments to enthuse Hampster (@tonpix on slack)

As of this moment we can only do something like I show above (Large texture) but I've PM's @BMac reqing Small as well - you'll notice on that image the icon in the vendor's list is still the old one.

Don't bother trying - I already did - Small results in a missing icon (Big RED X)

As convos are now moddable I'm gonna finish off my morning with the usual readthru of important stuff then get back to doing that

It's fortunate that I had problems yesterday as today's will be worth actually doing stuff with (I was prepping people yesterday, today it's a reality)

TT1

TT1

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey @BMac, is possible to have two ProficientAbilityID in the same EquippableComponent? E.g.: two modals for the same weapon.

• ferzal likes this

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

Any control over multiclassing/subclass mixing options yet?  I'll be looking at that later but if anyone knows now (a dev would be ideal) that would save me time.  Cheers.

No, we haven't extended that at all yet. It's still just based on the priest/paladin dispositions.

@BMac - can we have IconTextureSmall as well please as this is a really great feature

You can't add or change small icons yet because they're in texture atlases that require some additional data.  I'm hoping to be able to add support for that soon.

Hey @BMac, is possible to have two ProficientAbilityID in the same EquippableComponent? E.g.: two modals for the same weapon.

No, you can't make a property that isn't an array into an array without changing the code.

• AndreaColombo and kilay like this

ferzal

ferzal

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Given that the answer is no does this sound like a workaround?:

ItemMod component -  AbilitiesOnEquipIDs [ array ]

Make the abilities modal (then either change the weapon proficiency modal ID or suppress it all together (clone it as a separate ability).

Yet another one of the components in Items I haven't tested yet.  I'm still working on formulating more complex classes, abilities, attacks, statuseffects and AI. (Currently working on an extensive experimental mod that would change the combat system significantly - not to improve it but simply as an alternative gametype).

edit: you can do a requirement check for the presence of the profiency skill

FurtherUpdate:  There "appear" to be itemods in the code for each weapontype just sitting there waiting to be linked from weapon items (little bit of code but you can just code that line in). If the modal ids matched I think they'd line up the UI and only show up on equip.  Might be something I mess with sooner rather than later actually.

Edited by ferzal, 05 July 2018 - 01:26 PM.

TT1

TT1

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No, you can't make a property that isn't an array into an array without changing the code.

Can you please talk to the devs to make this property an array, if possible?

I think 2H weapons are lacking an AoE modal. Could be something like -10 accuracy and apply the same effects of Carnage (full atack + 0.33 damage to other targets) while modal is working.

This could add some flavor and make a lot of 2H weapons viable.

Edited by TT1, 05 July 2018 - 12:21 PM.

• tonpix likes this

tonpix

tonpix

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can you please talk to the devs to make this property an array, if possible?

I think 2H weapons are lacking an AoE modal. Could be something like -10 accuracy and apply the same effects of Carnage (full atack + 0.33 damage to other targets) while modal is working.

This could add some flavor and make a lot of 2H weapons viable.

Multiple modals per item sounds really good, I imagine for martial classes it's like changing style of sword play or different autoattacks. I'd definitely love to see it

• TT1 likes this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1163 posts
Multiple modals per item would be great for level-ups as well- I'm comfortably used to using battle axes, I don't want to pick any other proficiencies... but a second battle axe proficiency would be tempting then

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

I just want to ask though, for the textures, where can we find the recommended image dimensions for each texture type? There aren't any examples in the exported folder last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing that out. The expected dimensions of the various images have been added to the corresponding properties in the online documentation.

• SiliconMage and kilay like this

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

what does it mean?

WildcardString
Int32 (string id, gui table)	If the effect can be made a wildcard effect by omitting a parameter, the string to use in that case (e.g. "+X All Power Levels" rather than "+X Monk Power Level").

TT1

TT1

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just want to ask though, for the textures, where can we find the recommended image dimensions for each texture type? There aren't any examples in the exported folder last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing that out. The expected dimensions of the various images have been added to the corresponding properties in the online documentation.

@BMac, any chance of you guys to implement a new attribute RestrictedToRaceIDs on Game.GameData.EquippableComponent?

Edited by TT1, 10 July 2018 - 10:16 AM.

GravitonGamer

GravitonGamer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:jacetheace

Awesome, thanks!

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

what does it mean?

Status effects often have variable parameters, e.g. an ArmorRating effect can have a specific damage type it's good against.  These parameters can often be omitted to make the effect work against everything, so the Wildcard String is used instead of the Display String when that happens.

@BMac, any chance of you guys to implement a new attribute RestrictedToRaceIDs on Game.GameData.EquippableComponent?

It's possible if we have time, I'll note it.

• TT1 and kilay like this

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

that's what i found about image

Could be sticky to avoid an useless research?

ShipPortrait 200x175
End Game Slide 1840x984
Set Interaction Image expected dimensions are 680x648 for standard SI, 1730x910 for Super SI
InnIcons 76x96
LoadingScreens 1920x1440
Bestiary images 400x420
IconTextureLarge The large image to use for the item. Dimensions are not restricted 

And last question: are the default large icons 100 x 100 like the exported ones from the unity files?

Edited by kilay, 11 July 2018 - 09:55 AM.

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 410 posts

And last question: are the default large icons 100 x 100 like the exported ones from the unity files?

Yes, 100x100 is the standard size for those.

• kilay likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch-notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users