Modding Patch Notes for 1.2.0.0017

Any control over multiclassing/subclass mixing options yet?  I'll be looking at that later but if anyone knows now (a dev would be ideal) that would save me time.  Cheers.

No, we haven't extended that at all yet. It's still just based on the priest/paladin dispositions.

@BMac - can we have IconTextureSmall as well please as this is a really great feature

You can't add or change small icons yet because they're in texture atlases that require some additional data.  I'm hoping to be able to add support for that soon.

Hey @BMac, is possible to have two ProficientAbilityID in the same EquippableComponent? E.g.: two modals for the same weapon.

No, you can't make a property that isn't an array into an array without changing the code.

• Like 2

Hey @BMac, is possible to have two ProficientAbilityID in the same EquippableComponent? E.g.: two modals for the same weapon.

Given that the answer is no does this sound like a workaround?:

ItemMod component -  AbilitiesOnEquipIDs [ array ]

Make the abilities modal (then either change the weapon proficiency modal ID or suppress it all together (clone it as a separate ability).

Yet another one of the components in Items I haven't tested yet.  I'm still working on formulating more complex classes, abilities, attacks, statuseffects and AI. (Currently working on an extensive experimental mod that would change the combat system significantly - not to improve it but simply as an alternative gametype).

edit: you can do a requirement check for the presence of the profiency skill

FurtherUpdate:  There "appear" to be itemods in the code for each weapontype just sitting there waiting to be linked from weapon items (little bit of code but you can just code that line in). If the modal ids matched I think they'd line up the UI and only show up on equip.  Might be something I mess with sooner rather than later actually.

Edited by ferzal

No, you can't make a property that isn't an array into an array without changing the code.

Can you please talk to the devs to make this property an array, if possible?

I think 2H weapons are lacking an AoE modal. Could be something like -10 accuracy and apply the same effects of Carnage (full atack + 0.33 damage to other targets) while modal is working.

This could add some flavor and make a lot of 2H weapons viable.

Edited by TT1
  • Like 1

Can you please talk to the devs to make this property an array, if possible?

I think 2H weapons are lacking an AoE modal. Could be something like -10 accuracy and apply the same effects of Carnage (full atack + 0.33 damage to other targets) while modal is working.

This could add some flavor and make a lot of 2H weapons viable.

Multiple modals per item sounds really good, I imagine for martial classes it's like changing style of sword play or different autoattacks. I'd definitely love to see it

• Like 1

I just want to ask though, for the textures, where can we find the recommended image dimensions for each texture type? There aren't any examples in the exported folder last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing that out. The expected dimensions of the various images have been added to the corresponding properties in the online documentation.

• Like 2

what does it mean?

WildcardString
Int32 (string id, gui table)	If the effect can be made a wildcard effect by omitting a parameter, the string to use in that case (e.g. "+X All Power Levels" rather than "+X Monk Power Level").

I just want to ask though, for the textures, where can we find the recommended image dimensions for each texture type? There aren't any examples in the exported folder last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing that out. The expected dimensions of the various images have been added to the corresponding properties in the online documentation.

@BMac, any chance of you guys to implement a new attribute RestrictedToRaceIDs on Game.GameData.EquippableComponent?

Edited by TT1

Awesome, thanks!

what does it mean?

Status effects often have variable parameters, e.g. an ArmorRating effect can have a specific damage type it's good against.  These parameters can often be omitted to make the effect work against everything, so the Wildcard String is used instead of the Display String when that happens.

@BMac, any chance of you guys to implement a new attribute RestrictedToRaceIDs on Game.GameData.EquippableComponent?

It's possible if we have time, I'll note it.

• Like 2

that's what i found about image

Could be sticky to avoid an useless research?

ShipPortrait 200x175
End Game Slide 1840x984
Set Interaction Image expected dimensions are 680x648 for standard SI, 1730x910 for Super SI
InnIcons 76x96
LoadingScreens 1920x1440
Bestiary images 400x420
IconTextureLarge The large image to use for the item. Dimensions are not restricted 

And last question: are the default large icons 100 x 100 like the exported ones from the unity files?

Edited by kilay