As far as i know there are some skills that skip defense check:

Some of them are quite nice and not overpowered

1 Minolettas_minor_missiles_icon.png?versi Minoletta's Minor Missiles

2 Thrust_of_tattered_veils_icon.png?versio Thrust Of Tattered Veils

but there are 2 skills that are absolute devastating:

Arcane Cleanse

ArcaneCleanse.jpg Probably most dangerous enemy spells for some builds. It remove all benefit effect from spells and potions, and there is no way to avoid it. If enemy start to cast it, even if we run far away, spell will hit us anyway. I'm not sure if this is intended, but in POE 2 when enemy will aim player character, spells will seek for him, but if player use same spell it affect only terrain of cast, when enemy leave casting circle, he won't be hit. If we use characters with Prevent death spell/potion, this is the only thing that can take us down in whole game, since arcane dumper can be resisted.

Resonant Touch

Resonant%20Touch.PNG Blunderbuss make 4 hits. Dual BB full attack make 8hit. If we use Whisper of The Wind when there are more than 2 enemies, it can trigger more than 20 of hits. Resonant touch deal around 27dmg for 1 hit. All crazy HP enemies like Nemnok, Kraken, Lava Dragon will go for 1 shot if cast proerly.

What do You guys think, those skill should be nerfed?

Edited by mukurome

AoE spells in PoE will also follow enemies if you target the enemy directly and not the ground.

Can it be that Charge also is an auto-stun without attack roll? Because I ALWAYS stun even the biggest Eotun with a gazillion fortitude when using Charge. I didn't check the log yet since I'm not at home...

In PoE the appliance of the monk's resonant touch charges was bound to a dmg threshold: you would have to do >= 10 dmg to apply a charge. Isn't this still the case or do blunderbusses always overcome that threshold?

The Whispers of the Wind ability should not work with reloading or even ranged weapons. I guess it's an oversight.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice found! So you mean dual wielding blunderbuss + Whisper of the wind to get maxed stacks on enemies, then trigger Resonant Touch?

So if I remeber correctly Whisper does 5 full attacks, so if there are 2 enemy, one get two full attack one 3. So the one who get 3 full attack will get 3x8=24 stacks. And then with resonant touch it’s 24 x 27 = 648 raw damage ouch :)

Nice found! So you mean dual wielding blunderbuss + Whisper of the wind to get maxed stacks on enemies, then trigger Resonant Touch?

So if I remeber correctly Whisper does 5 full attacks, so if there are 2 enemy, one get two full attack one 3. So the one who get 3 full attack will get 3x8=24 stacks. And then with resonant touch it’s 24 x 27 = 648 raw damage ouch :)

If there are 2 enemies in 99% of fight there is no need for resonant touch, casue both of them will be death after 1 or 2 WoW attack. Only excetion are bosses, but only huge one - dragon and kraken and nemnok (i made some test just now - since lava dragon always summon some magma slime, after 2 uses of WotW he was hit 4times with full attack, his health bar was 90% full, and after that RT take him down in 1 hit :D - so even if enemy have high DR and we gigle him for 1-2dmg, after blunderbuss combo one RT will make him KO) arkemyr or lich will die after 2 attack :/ Also one more thing - if we use Avenging storm from scroll or uniqe helmet it will proc WotW nice and we can ko whole screen in 1 attack :D

Edited by mukurome
  • Like 1

If there are 2 enemies in 99% of fight there is no need for resonant touch, casue both of them will be death after 1 or 2 WoW attack. Only excetion are bosses, but only huge one - dragon and kraken and nemnok (i made some test just now - since lava dragon always summon some magma slime, after 2 uses of WotW he was hit 4times with full attack, his health bar was 90% full, and after that RT take him down in 1 hit :D - so even if enemy have high DR and we gigle him for 1-2dmg, after blunderbuss combo one RT will make him KO) arkemyr or lich will die after 2 attack :/ Also one more thing - if we use Avenging storm from scroll or uniqe helmet it will proc WotW nice and we can ko whole screen in 1 attack :D

Nothing changes :D I thought that after Neverwinter Nights where DW monks can do > 10APR developers learn something

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Why does every exploit or obscene damage combo begin with:

“Insert MONK Ability here...”

Between POE1 and POE2 did the devs spend time in a monastery in the Himalayas?

• Like 1

Who need to reload firearm ;)

I can confirm now that Charge has no hit roll. It just stuns everything it touches. That makes it superpowerful against bosses. I chain-stunned Concelhaut with it - he couldn't get off one single spell before Edér finished him off with DoT-based attacks while he was just tumbling around. He was way above my level.

• Like 1

I can confirm now that Charge has no hit roll. It just stuns everything it touches. That makes it superpowerful against bosses. I chain-stunned Concelhaut with it - he couldn't get off one single spell before Edér finished him off with DoT-based attacks while he was just tumbling around. He was way above my level.

Yup, just tested it, seems like a good thing, not overpowered since stun duration is quite short.

But again monk stunning blow made with dual hand mortar will stun whole circle of enemy :D just tested it in Lich cave - since duality of mortal presence add inteligence, we can get 35inteligence (19 base +2bareth blessing +2helmet +2amulet = 25 +10 duality) - around 18 sec of stuning for every enemy in hand mortar high range ... Monk is too powerfull :/

Well, I realize my command of English is not very good but does not a blow imply it's not ranged? I mean .. she received a severe blow on the head from an arrow .. sounds weird or?

---

edit: that is unless its a lore thing ;)

Edited by knownastherat

Charge indeed is an auto-hit, at least there is no hit rolls shown in the combat logs. But it seems to have a roll applied when calculating the duration. You can probably notice different stun durations on different enemies as you charge through.

Edited by mosspit

Charge indeed is an auto-hit, at least there is no hit rolls shown in the combat logs. But it seems to have a roll applied when calculating the duration. You can probably notice different stun durations on different enemies as you charge through.

I supppose the hit is automatic but the stun can graze/hit/crit but no miss?

Good question. You are right: there are differences in the stun duration. But it never seems to miss. I'm reliably stunning Steelclads with 120 Fortitude while I have 64 ACC. :)

Also the description of Charge mentions not attack roll.

Stunning Blow works with ranged weapons. Like in PoE. The term "blows" may indicate something else - but I mean look at Barbaric Blow/Smash and Wounding Shot. ;)

So hand mortar etc. is a nice option because of AoE.

For me personally Wahaī Pōraga works even better with Stunning Surge (because of Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming). And also stuff like Force of Anguish and Skyward Kick are hilarious with it.

Edited by Boeroer

Didn't check too much. But Charge had a few attack components string together. The teleport component actually checks against Deflection. There is another AoE component (which is responsible for applying stun) checks against Fortitude.

Just couldn't make the combat log show the rolls for some reason.

Edited by mosspit