Theory: DLC 2 is about Durance

Interesting theory!  I could definitely see that happening, based on the details you gave.  Though I would be a little surprised that they would bring back a character from Chris Avellone without his writing involved.

DLC about Durance? That'll be interesting because he's dead in all my PT's.

Did you kill every native Dyrwoodan as well?
I only kill people I really dislike in my games.

Durance was the representation of the Dyrwood as a whole, so you should have murdered everyone in Gilded Vale, Dyrford, Stalwart, and Defiance Bay since they all share his views.

Durance was the representation of the Dyrwood as a whole, so you should have murdered everyone in Gilded Vale, Dyrford, Stalwart, and Defiance Bay since they all share his views.

Oh how strange. In my playthroughs he was just an ass. But I appreciate that your confusion of views and personallity makes you urge people to commit genocide.
  • Like 2

Oh how strange. In my playthroughs he was just an ass. But I appreciate that your confusion of views and personallity makes you urge people to commit genocide.

If Durance represents the Dyrwood, they're really suffering from a shortage of fiery whores down there. Not to mention the cognitive dissonance the presence of the Sanitarium must've caused in the region.

• Like 2

Mudering someone just because you dislike them isn't exactly a "good" thing.

If Durance represents the Dyrwood, they're really suffering from a shortage of fiery whores down there. Not to mention the cognitive dissonance the presence of the Sanitarium must've caused in the region.
The only Dyrwoodan that believes Magran is a fiery whore is Durance, and let's face it he's not wrong. To despise him for "insulting women" when he's just insulting a God that deserves whatever hate he throws her way is dishonest.

Durance is pro-purges of Eothas supporters, as is the vast majority of the Dyrwood. He also despises Animancy, which is also shared by the vast majority of Dyrwoodans. He also shares the Dyrwoodans love of killing people that disagree with them, killing people that commit "crimes", and just killing people because they make you angry as shown when first encountering Aloth.

Dyrwoodans like Eder are a rare breed, and it's also a reason why everyone in Gilded Vale wanted to murder him.

Edited by Vitalis
  • Like 2

Mudering someone just because you dislike them isn't exactly a "good" thing.

That is situational. With people like Durance it is a good thing. I didn't say I kill all people I dislike.
  • Like 1

Durance was the best character in PoE, so it would be cool to have him back, and yes, I think a few visions mention him. I understand people killing him though. I always gave Aloth to Skaen, but didn't on my final play-through since I saw he was coming back. After seeing him in Deadfire, I should have just tossed him in the blood pool.