Ring of the Marksman, really worth it or not?

I normally roleplay my characters, so I tend to avoid combats with most characters if possible. But during the "A Bigger Fish" I got the "Ring of the Marksman" after trying the fight resolution.

Its stats are really as good as they look? And my playing character being a ranged one it looks even more useful. It worth to keep the ring or it's rendered obsolete by other better objects later in the game or perhaps it isn't really that useful?

You need higher stealth and/or a sneakier approach. When your selection circle is filled with red you are detected. Anything less and you can attempt a pickpocket. Generally you try to start somewhere nobody has eyes on (empty circle) and sneak up from some direction they aren't looking, and depending on your stealth skill and their detection you may get next to them before you go full red.

You'll also need some sleight of hand skill to pickpocket though.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Or if everything else fails, you can always use the conversation exploit - put a party member in stealth, position them next to the target, initiate conversation with the target with another party member, wait for the red circle to be gone, end conversation, hit pause real fast before red circle is back, voila. Works in shops too.  :biggrin:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Or if everything else fails, you can always use the conversation exploit - put a party member in stealth, position them next to the target, initiate conversation with the target with another party member, wait for the red circle to be gone, end conversation, hit pause real fast before red circle is back, voila. Works in shops too.  :biggrin:

Yes! I love this exploit! 

Me and Serafen have a routine going. My Watcher distracts them while he pickpockets and steals everything not nailed down. 

• Like 2