With Duality's Int Bonus and max int, this means a 60 second Pain Block.  

Like, all of your DOTs and charms and buffs will have 2x the duration with 30+ Int.  

Recall Agony at 30 seconds.  Borrowed Instinct at 60 seconds.  Ringleader for 40 seconds.  Etc. etc.  

Edited by Marigoldran

A Helwalker / Ascendent works very well. The power level boost from being ascended plus the bonus Int is great.

Seems they build resources the same way effectively, I quite like Shattered Pillar / Soul Blade for melee. Dual wield to build wounds + focus fast, throw down a monk damager like Torment's Reach, follow up with a fully charged Soul Annihilation. Or hit with something like Borrowed Instincts to boost your accuracy (with +5 to Int from Duality for an extended duration) before you drop a monk ability. Probably my favourite melee multi-class build.

Edited by nostalchic

I am playing a helwalker/ascendent right now using a ranged build. You stay in the back, using dance of death to build up wounds and frostseeker to build up focus til I hit the max, then I switch to cipher powers. You can easily substitute dual pistols or an arquebus but I wanted to do an archer for a change. The best build I have seen for a ranged helwalker  is Lost Sinner's Gunfu monk build over on the steam community guide page (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1409067909). His build is for a bleakwalker/helwalker but you can swap out the paladin side for almost any other class that does ranged well.

Insert “Monk” and build is optimized.

I don’t understand why it is taking the dev team so long to adjust this outlier. Monk needs some balancing or simply make other classes equally effective.... with POTD difficulty still limp, best solution is to deflate Monk.