Old City/Coronet of the Depths crash and can't load save

Crucival

Question

So I was doing the "coronet's call" quest in the Old City Overlook, and when I went to "dive down towards the light" with Eder to get the Coronet of the depths, my game immediately crashed to desktop.

I have a quicksave right before, but when I try to load that quicksave, the game freezes. I have an autosave from entering the old city overlook--when I try to load that, the game freezes too!

I can load other saves for other characters and locations, but the game really doesn't seem to like loading any save in the Old City Overlook.

2 answers to this question

Hello Crucival,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues loading saves in the Old City Overlook in addition to experiencing a crash. Could you please provide us with a save file that is right before the crash and load issues you encounter? Additionally, could you also send us your crash logs for the Coronet SI and the freezes when you try to load your save files? It'd greatly help us in our investigation.

-Jon

Thanks for getting back to me, Jon. I have good news and bad news:

The good news is, I was able to find an autosave in a different map (The old city, I think) which still had most of my progress, and continue the game from there. I turned in the Coronet's call quest, then went back to The Gullet, rode the lift down to the Old City Overlook, and was able to pick up the Coronet of the Depths with no problems.

The bad news is, I'm pretty sure accidentally saved over all of the files from right before the crash. Sorry to be a bad bug reporter!