[Feeback] Concelhaut's Draining Touch's recovery time is too high

AndreaColombo

Question

As suggested in this thread.

Concelhaut's Draining Touch has a casting time of 3.0s / 4.0s, which compares rather unfavorably to that of other summoned weapons (consistently at 3.0s / 0.0s).

Considering that, contrary to other summoned weapons, Concelhaut's Draining Touch disappears after hitting your foe once*, I see no reason for its casting time to be any longer.

* The thread also mentions that Concelhaut's Draining Touch will not disappear if used in a Full Attack with another weapon in the off-hand, which is likely a bug.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

10 answers to this question

Bump for visibility.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Visibility bump. Shameless, I know.

bump baby bump

Of all the summoned weapons, I feel this is the only one that actually is borderline okay. At least among the Wizard's pool. The rest of them are trash.

Sorry, but are you insane? Concelhaut's Draining Touch is the one summoned weapon I don't touch. Have you even tried Caedebald's Black Bow? Literally all the other wizard summoned weapons I can think of are great. Even Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff (PL1) is usable for me in end-game.

Of all the summoned weapons, I feel this is the only one that actually is borderline okay. At least among the Wizard's pool. The rest of them are trash.

Sorry, but are you insane? Concelhaut's Draining Touch is the one summoned weapon I don't touch. Have you even tried Caedebald's Black Bow? Literally all the other wizard summoned weapons I can think of are great. Even Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff (PL1) is usable for me in end-game.

I am insane, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I have not tried the bow.

The reason I'm willing to use C's DT is due to unique weapons outclassing all the summoned ones. The bow is a bit specially, I'll admit, since there are few ranged uniques, in comparison to melee, I can understand how you would want to give them to someone else, and maybe your wizards would be left in the lurch. I still think their are tons of ranged options, and that by the time you level up enough to take that spell its a non-issue.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:53 PM, thelee said:

The draining touch is great if you like some cheese. Switch grimoare after casting it, but before hitting anyone. You now have everlasting draining touch. 

Also, spawn a phantom (no grimoare switch needed). It will also have everlasting draining touch. 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, McLurk said:

The draining touch is great if you like some cheese. Switch grimoare after casting it, but before hitting anyone. You now have everlasting draining touch. 

Also, spawn a phantom (no grimoare switch needed). It will also have everlasting draining touch. 

holy thread necro, batman :)

you should check the timestamp on my post - the metagaming possibilities on concelhaut's draining touch wasn't clear way back then. and even then, a spell really shouldn't need taking advantage of glitches/loopholes to be useful.