[1.1.1] Caedebald's Black Bow doesn't benefit from Spirit of Decay

AndreaColombo

Question

Saved game: LINK

(Note: This is an older upload as I've been using the same save for testing for a while; you may have to swap Aloth's grimoire for the purpose of this test.)

Steps:

- Select Aloth and access his character record.

- Observe Aloth has the Spirit of Decay talent, which adds +1 Penetration to Decay / Acid attacks.

- Back to the game, summon a dummy via console to enter combat.

- Select Aloth and cast Caedebald's Black Bow.

- Right-click the bow's icon and observe it deals Corrode damage, which qualifies for the bonus penetration given by Spirit of Decay.

- Attack the dummy.

- Observe your attacks aren't receiving any bonus penetration from Spirit of Decay.

kOLEmUR.png

Ofj56EC.png

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

5 answers to this question

unfortunately, as mentioned in a similar thread, this is only tagged as "conjuration" so the fact that it doesn't benefit from spirit of decay is Working As Intended.

again, this is different from how POE1 did things (and again, said as someone who mains a priest all the time and is annoyed that scion of storm and spirit of decay inherently benefits literally 1 and 0 spells, respectively)

Edited by thelee

I replied to the other thread to the same effect—I’d expect the lack of the appropriate key word to be an oversight. The Blights, for example, are key worded each with their respective element. No reason for the bow not to be.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bumpety bump.

bumpy ride

• Like 1