BUG - High level items in crookspur beach behind merchant

So... Opinion of a new player: "What I'll do now? :banghead: Where I'll found a legendary weapon? :geek: Ah! Let's steal that ramdom merchant! :yes: Oh! A legendary weapon!  :dancing:  "

Yeah, without meta knowledge this seem impossible to happen... Only a lucky one could get this  :bow:

Edit: You only need to think this weapon in this location as a Berath's Blessing (Well, if you use the blessings you can't conplain in thinking this way)

Edited by Lótus Haddock

Currently Playing

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Morrowind
  • Stardew Valley

Future Play

• Deadfire
  • Oblivion
  • The Witcher

Hey all,

I will get this evaluated, but please keep this in mind: I understand the thought process and read all the replies to this point, and while I get their validity for this being a bug, it does require a fair knowledge of location, item use, and research while still using pretty 'meta' mechanics. Does it mean it will remain in it's current state? Maybe, that is ultimately to the devs. But we do have a fair amount of things on our plate to get our game in the state we'd like it to be with only so much work labor.

That said, I will be moving this to the discussion forums.

Best,

-Caleb

While you're at this, can you also fix that thing in Fallout 2 where you can beeline from Arroyo to Navarro, steal their OP stuff and get a crapton of XP? It's retroactively ruining muh immershun.  :banana:

• Like 1

I personally dont think anyone should be able to steal high end gear.

OBS have seen this thread= mission accomplished

Hopefully they will implement the right changes

And so goood to see that the immature users here who call people trollss when they post thoughts that contradict theres are out and about

God bless you children

Beraths blessing only adds another 2 points of mech thats not that big a difference. I didnt go see the skill trainer or use the pet that gives the mech bonus so even if there was no beraths blessings used i still could go get all this stuff at level 6

No you couldn't do it without. You can't have 15 Mechanics and enough Stealth at lvl 6 right after Port Maje.

Other question: What if you take Berath's Blessing for 50.000 gold, sail to Crockspur after Port Maje (even below lvl 6) and just buy both items? Or any other legendary item at a vendor? Do all those items need to be level-locked?

you dont need to have both high stealth and mech with the same player you can split them up

yes it can be done, 

you also use picks and party assist if needed

and you sure its 15 i dont think that high?

Edited by no1fanboy

OBS have seen this thread= mission accomplished

And so goood to see that the immature users here who call people trollss when they post thoughts that contradict theres are out and about

God bless you children

How could you even think this is a bug like please eloberate

I think its fair to assume that OP is trolling

Perhaps he doesnt like it but that doesnt mean its a bug

Edited by araj123
  • Like 1

Huh, you can steal near any item from any boss with rogue (if you know what you do)
I also didn't understand what the problem with crookspur items

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I wasn't going to say anything about this until I was sure, but I am slightly curious how the OP even got to level 6 "just after leaving Port Maje".

I say this because I just did a PotD run so I could maximize my bestiary XP, did every quest, picked every lock and STILL am about 2000 xp short of Level 6 for my Watcher after getting my boat back and doing the basic ship-running/ship-supplies tasks.

Now it's not that hard to get that last 10k xp (presuming one has a full party it's 2k times 5 characters).  But it's another objection to the claim "just after leaving Port Maje".

As I check, it looks like my Watchers that did this on Normal left Prot Maje with around 11k to 11.5k of xp, which is about 17.5 to 20k short or reaching level 6 if one has a full 5 character party.

======

Not really adding much here.  But I remember slightly raising an eyebrow when I saw that level 6 comment and I wanted to investigate further.  Makes me wonder if the OP started with that Berath Blessing that starts you at level 4.

Clearly Obsidian disagrees, since there's plenty of high end gear to be stolen throughout the game.

Since they've already slapped a 15mech requirement on it to bring it in line with the other stealable high end gear, chances are they already did.

That's rich, after setting the bar for maturity right here:

blah blah blah blah blah

• Like 3

I would love to see a justice system in place where you get some sort of penalty for stealing. Right now, stealing everything that isn't nailed down is a no brainer. Devil of Caroc's breastplate is insanely overpowered and easy to get. My Holy Slayer (Streetfighter / Goldpact) got this as soon as he got to Netekata and it was a game changer. I think when I use sworn enemy I end up with over 15 armor. That was around level 6 or 7

Don't make it harder to steal or make these items unavailable. Give us something negative for doing this (reputation maybe?). Or if the merchant sees you walking into her store wearing her missing armor... I don't know.. maybe you get attacked?

Don't make it harder to steal or make these items unavailable. Give us something negative for doing this (reputation maybe?). Or if the merchant sees you walking into her store wearing her missing armor... I don't know.. maybe you get attacked?

No thanks. Getting caught stealing is already a game mechanic which can cause reputation loss or outright hostility. You should not suffer those consequences anyway if you manage to beat that mechanic. And it would just be tedious to unequip items when visiting the merchants you stole them from.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I would love to see a justice system in place where you get some sort of penalty for stealing. Right now, stealing everything that isn't nailed down is a no brainer. Devil of Caroc's breastplate is insanely overpowered and easy to get. My Holy Slayer (Streetfighter / Goldpact) got this as soon as he got to Netekata and it was a game changer. I think when I use sworn enemy I end up with over 15 armor. That was around level 6 or 7

... If you know how and where get Devil of Caroc's breastplate, if you know why you need this armor, then you already collect/studded required meta knowledge and this armor is your reward 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

No thanks. Getting caught stealing is already a game mechanic which can cause reputation loss or outright hostility. You should not suffer those consequences anyway if you manage to beat that mechanic. And it would just be tedious to unequip items when visiting the merchants you stole them from.

I am just shocked that we dont even get shady reputation for being dirty rotten thieves and flaunting our stolen goods in front of our victims. In particular, UNIQUE items where there is no rational explanation how you got their missing item without being a thief or buying from a fence.

Edited by arkane83