Only one Vailian Hullbreaker?

With it's 1.1.1 stats (0-250m/4t/10-13dmg) Vailian Hullbreaker is one of the best cannons in the game. However, as far as I know, it's possible to buy one (and only one) in Port Maje. No one sells them, VTC, RDC, Principi and slavers don't use them. Anyone knows where or how to obtain them? Or maybe it's a bug?

Some Vailian Bounty ships drop more. 

The higher level onces *2nd or 3rd bounty in).

I know I was able to get 4 total Vailian Hullbreakers in a playthrough.

For what it's worth though I find the range a bit too restrictive - not a problem as most times ai is dumb. If ai were smarter it would be a problem as they'd immediately board you.

FYI I like wyrmtonges with their 0-400m range and cool look. Or double bronzers because their 350m range overlaps with the long range gun and you can do jibe tricks while maintaining distance flexibility.

Fun fact: Dhow is still my favorite ship because the 2 turn jibe aligns perfectly with double bronzer reload times. I like 3x double bronzer on one side and haefric+2 aedyrs (all 4turn sync) on the other. 

Edit: But if you don't care about range 3x double bronzer one side 3x Vailian Hullbreaker on other side is probably highest ship dps setup on a dhow. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

As 1TTFFSSE said you can get them from Vailian bounty ships, but you’re better off using longer range cannons as they are more readily available and they are safer to use despite the few points lost i damage. Longer range cannons are especially useful against the ships of certain ships in the north that like to ram you. (Don’t want to say the name for the sake of spoilers)

Edited by anathanielh

As 1TTFFSSE said you can get them from Vailian bounty ships, but you’re better off using longer range cannons as they are more readily available and they are safer to use despite the few points lost i damage. Longer range cannons are especially useful against the ships of certain ships in the north that like to ram you. (Don’t want to say the name for the sake of spoilers)

I never found more Vailian Hulbreakers. I already cleaned the map except for those ships you are talking about. I understand what you are talking about (range) but I wanted to try the Vailian Hulbreakers against them.

sign.jpg

I never found more Vailian Hulbreakers. I already cleaned the map except for those ships you are talking about. I understand what you are talking about (range) but I wanted to try the Vailian Hulbreakers against them.

Vailian cannons can be obtained by boarding VTC ships. If you blow them to smithereens you can't take some of the spoils.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

• 6 months later...

Vailian cannons can be obtained by boarding VTC ships. If you blow them to smithereens you can't take some of the spoils.

Anyone mind sharing which ships exactly? Not sure if I'm running into the "whoops, that didn't drop for you, sorry" bug or not on these.

edit: I think the loot tables may have changed, I can't seem to find hullbreakers where I found them before.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for this today and found the item code by using "FindGameData Hullbreaker"

The cheat command for this after Iroll20s is "GiveItem SHP_UP_Cannon_Hullbreaker"

I hope that saves the next guy some time. I spent several minutes searching for ship upgrade item codes and could not find anything using google. Every other item in the game seems to be listed though.

You can find the rest of the cannon item codes using "FindGameData SHP_UP_Cannon"

All other ship upgrade items are listed with "FindGameData SHP_UP"

Edited by djinnxy
  • Like 1