The first game had lot's of stuff to read, and lot's of books. This game however, while we have stuff to read, there aren't that many books. A quick comparision on the discrepancy can be seen here: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Books_and_documents

I would like to see more lore in this game. While I do think there is a explanation for this, given the Huana's collapse of it's society, I wouldn't mind if we got more stuff to read in the DLC's. It dosen't require VO, just a writer's talent.

• Like 2

The first game had lot's of stuff to read, and lot's of books. This game however, while we have stuff to read, there aren't that many books. A quick comparision on the discrepancy can be seen here: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Books_and_documents

I would like to see more lore in this game. While I do think there is a explanation for this, given the Huana's collapse of it's society, I wouldn't mind if we got more stuff to read in the DLC's. It dosen't require VO, just a writer's talent.

I prioritize time spent on the direct story, so if that's the cost for a more fleshed out game otherwise, that's totally fine with me, but I did love the build up on lore with books. I was a little disappointed when there wasn't more at the library.

I was sorely disappointed by not getting more new books ( :bow: boooooks :sorcerer: ), but it's understandable - the first game, being the first game, had to devote a lot of time to building up the lore, perhaps at the expense of other things, the trade-off being that future games could focus on those previously neglected things because the lore had already been established. Sadly for me, the lore ended up being more interesting than the other stuff.

• Like 1

NEMNOK CLAIM ALL BOOKS. WORSHIP TRUE GOD AND NEMNOK MAY SHARE DIVINE WISDOM.

• Like 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!