Firebrand has a lash now - and is finally a serious weapon

You could use scrolls for non-Druids. Granted, they are not unlimited but you should be able to craft a good number of them.

or get a multiclass with druid though i don`t think a barb/druid multi have a good synergy with each other...at least that combo looks strange

I never understood why anyone would take a signature spell and make it common/available to everyone.

They should have capped scrolls to level 4 and under...

Otherwise create a Skill called “Discipline” and allow any class to create and find unique abilities... my Fighter or Paladin would love Crippling Strike :p

Better solution, just make the scrolls 25% as effective as the real spell. Problem solved.

IMO itemization in Deadfire is a lot better than in PoE—I just really miss my badass red armor.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, Devoted/Druid works, it is just far less efficient than other combos, most notably multi Monk or Rogue and leveraging Beast Mode.

In fact, it opened my eyes to the melee-gulf between Fighter vs. Monk or Rogue.

Fighter has situationally better survivability, which is easily replicated with potions and/scrolls, but pure DPS is the best defense in POE2.

It works and is viable. Even on PotD. It's just not crazy good like some other stuff. :)

Yes, it works fine (I went Devoted/Druid after seeing this thread). Firebrand doesn't have a lot of extras, but I think it's the only great sword with an elemental lash. And it looks cool -- I like that I can actually find my character in the middle of a fight.

And for a Devoted, it gives you the choice of three damage types with a single weapon type, without taking Devoted penalties for using a different weapon (burn/pierce with Firebrand or slash/pierce with a regular greatsword, when you run into enemies that are resistant to burn/pierce). The +10 accuracy from the ring and +3 PEN from Devoted/Scion of Flame is nice on PotD -- I think that +10 accuracy is worth giving up extra bonuses you might get from other weapons.

The problem is that other than than Firebrand itself and Scion of Flame (if you're not multied with a class that already has SoF), druid doesn't really add much to the mix. If you're casting spells, you're not attacking with Firebrand, and vice versa. You have very few physical buffs, and the ones that you do have take a long time to cast, so I mostly haven't bothered with them.

You could either play as a druid mostly, and cast all your spells first, then switch to Firebrand for clean-up (but then why create a build centered around it?), or you can toss out a Hail Storm to start the fight, Relentless Storm for ongoing damage, then cast Firebrand, and mostly ignore your spells after that (or just use them situationally).

It would be nice if druid had some fast-casting buffs like wizard does (come on, at least give us Ironskin), but this is still a viable build.

Is Devoted still taking a penalty for using the Spiritshift natural weapons?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well you could spec more as a Fighter, because as you said, Druid doesn't add much martial value.

The more I think of a Druid Fighter the more I miss my sweet Jaheria.

Jaheira got Ironskin ;)

But yeah, it works fine mostly specced as a fighter. Just not quite as optimized as a multi- that takes full advantage of both classes, like Arcane Knight or Battlemage.

Not sure since I never spiritshift with this character, but I can try it out later.

I think it's the only great sword with an elemental lash.

Priest of Berath has a corrode lash on their spirit weapon.

Fury definitely takes the hit in patch 1.2, not sure on other shapeshifts.

I think it's the only great sword with an elemental lash.

Priest of Berath has a corrode lash on their spirit weapon.

Fury definitely takes the hit in patch 1.2, not sure on other shapeshifts.

Looks like other forms do, too.

Nothing; they just didn’t fix Spiritshift natural weapons to use the unarmed proficiency, so a Devoted/Druid takes a penalty when Shifting.

Considering how long ago this was reported, I’m afraid it will be yet another fix left to modders.