Patch Notes for 1.2.0.0017

Did they ever fix Xoti's  lantern upgrade blocking beneficial spells as well as hostile?  Do stupid mothmen/ townspeople run into 10 man fights with fireballs going off still?

yes in 1.1 / not sure, but this only happened to me once in the bounty fight at sacred stair

• Like 1

It depends what you want to do. Buy and upgrade all the unique weapons, make your own potions and scrolls, buy every boat? There already wasn't enough money to do all that, unique weapons alone end up costing some 50k+ each. This game definitely doesn't need any more money sinks.

Btw, I skimmed the patch notes and don't see anything about the enchantment menu being changed. Will the next patch after this maybe make it clearer which enchantments are mutually exclusive so I don't have to save before enchanting?

Well I don't think most players upgrade every unique weapon, rather just the ones they use.

I don't have the metrics but reading on this forum, most players seem to have an abundance of cash at the end of the game so it's not really shocking that the devs raise the cost of some items in game.

Giving more crafting materials would have been a much better way to go about it, in my opinion. Not this time gated pyrite tombola that's in the game. Crafting would have been a good money sink, if people could actually craft... This material shortage also defeats the design purpose behind different physical damage types and giving weapon proficiencies out like candy, since no one's really able to adequately upgrade equipment of the whole party, let alone produce multiple equivalently powerful weapon sets for each character.

Upgrading ship type on the other hand... does anyone find that worth it?

Does somebody have problems with AI settings? I can't change personal behaviors, most abilities or spells are not clickable. That started after the patch. I have no mods, re-downloaded the game, nothing helps(((

Please add Ydwin as romanceable companion, pretty please. She's the most interesting character with a believable reason to join your party.

Bonus points if you can make the weapon keep their modal abilities on instead of switching whole party's weapons and then turn every party members weapon modals abilities on ONE BY ONE.

• Like 1

The three things that were not adressed:

Xoti permanent lantern buff: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101591-11beta-xoti-lantern-buff/

AI Editor Wizard - no spells problem: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101543-ai-editor-wizard-problem/

Missing Nungata: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98944-nungata-is-missing/page-2 (I know that you can fail Final Manouver quest to get her back, but I don't want to)

Raising the prices of ships feels like a fun-gate.

No exploring for you until you do the city quests, meanwhile the rewards are less helpful than ever.

Completed my first playthrough (including all the bounties) using the starter ship. Unless they drastically changed how ship combat works in 1.2, I think this will only impact role play.
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Is nerfing the Ranger's Evasive Fire really warranted? The ability was good, it could hit hard and it let you kite, but it was only really powerful against one enemy or a small number, given that you can't aim the attack. Seeing as rangers are still consistently seen as one of the weakest classes (if not the weakest) I don't understand the reasoning behind nerfing one of their stronger abilities...

Edited by Arranvin
  • Like 5

If that was the only unnecessary nerf, I’d be concerned. It appears, however, to fit the pattern rather seamlessly.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• Prices of Galleon and Junk ships have been doubled.

And I didn't bother with them even before, because I deemed them a complete waste of money. :lol:

I mean, should I spend it to save myself from pressing "1" 3 fewer times, or on weapons that I'll actually use to resolve the conflict with and save time there?

It does seem like a weird change. Players aren't using ship combat enough so let's increase the cost of admission. Voyager ftw.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1

• Monastic Unarmed Training now replaces the character's default unarmed attack with the base Monk attack.

What does this actually mean? Is it just talking about an animation change, or what?

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Probably that your fists’ base damage is replaced with the base damage of the Monk’s fists. I haven’t tested this, but before 1.2 Monastic Unarmed Training was completely useless as it gave a % damage increase over regular fist base damage, which was so small as no % increase would actually make a difference.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Probably that your fists’ base damage is replaced with the base damage of the Monk’s fists. I haven’t tested this, but before 1.2 Monastic Unarmed Training was completely useless as it gave a % damage increase over regular fist base damage, which was so small as no % increase would actually make a difference.

I guess that make sense.

Really, I don't see why it can't just be equal to Transcendent Suffering - spending an ability point to get access to something that still isn't as good as most legendary weapons seems like it would be fine. >_>

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

If I understand it correctly then that's what it is now: monk fist for everybody. I can't remember if Monastic gives drastically different scaling bonuses than Transcendent Suffering...?

However - I hope now a fun pitfighter build (that doesn't involve monk) is at least viable. I like the idea to bring my unarmed barb over from PoE.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods