Hard drive..help !

E.RedMark

Hi , 

I need some advices please . 

I have 2 hard drives on my computer . One is split in 2 ( for 222Go and has WIn 10, and 465Go for games . Don't ask me why the guy split it like this..but whatever ) . The other hard drive has ,,,

hum actually..I see 4 hard drive . Urgh..

Anyway , the 2 others one has 134Go and one has 331Go . Honestly , I don't remember which is which anymore . 

My old pc that burned down (yes burned , the glue on the cpu went dry and well..cpu went kaboum..and totally burned) . Had 2 hard drives . Got this new pc...and then asked him if he could save my old hard drive and put them in there . So he did...

Probably how I end up with 4..or 3 . 

Anyway , in this age...the better the game look..the bigger it is..the more space they take . 

And I'm tired of deleting..reinstalling games over and over . 

So I want more space...the question is....

How big it should be ? probably bigger then what I have . And should it be external ? 

Doesnt external mean..still uninstall...and reinstall though ? 

and if its internal , that mean one hard drive has to go right ? 

It's weird , when he transferred my old stuff..it really wasnt done well . I have like  window 10..but also older window 10 folder on another hard drive . I was hoping he does at least clean up that . 

So advices please ? I really need more space . 

And yes money is an issue...I wont pay 1000$ for hard drive and installtion and stuff . Thats more then this pc cost meh (800$) and it is a good one too . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

It totally depends on your needs and point of view. I have 500GB of SSD storage, which is about $200 for something decent these days (at least in the U.S.), and find that to be more than enough for my gaming needs. But I have about 20TB of non-SSD storage that I use for non-gaming purposes...so it really just depends on what you need.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

well..I play ALOT of games..so the aboves hard drives arent enough anymore . I want enough space that most games like whole Mass effect and dragon age serie..can stay there and I dont have to uninstall everytime something new come out . 

well I'm in Québec canada , so not that far . 

So these T1 T2 T3 T4..etc ? any advice ? 

Edit: Like right now , I have 4 MMO installed . Whole Mass effect serie installed . DAO and DA2 . And I have Ark game who alone take 120Go and more..with updates and mods . 

So need alot of space....since I also gonna have Assassin Creed odyssey..and god know what else  :lol:

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Open up the Disk Management utility in Windows to confirm how many physical drives you have. Just open the start menu and type 'disk man' and the item "Create and manage hard disk partitions" should pop up. Each row is one physical drive:

tQGF3Yq.png

You can pick up a 4TB drive for less than $150CAD these days. Buy an internal one because SATA is significantly faster than USB for transfer speeds. Most motherboards support at least six SATA drives these days, so 5 disks plus a DVD drive for example should be fine. Might want to double check that first though. Basically you're looking for spare ports that look like this (colour may vary):

tUyXKqc.jpg

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

here how mine look 

Bbtp0XB.jpg

Btw...if I get a new 4TB. where to buy it ? I mean , I know walmart sell hard drive..I think . There is also a computer shop about 20min drive and the only one I saw so far . So will try there first . 

thanx for the help btw :) I sure gonna ask around more before jumping in . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Btw...if I get a new 4TB. where to buy it ? I mean , I know walmart sell hard drive..I think . There is also a computer shop about 20min drive and the only one I saw so far . So will try there first . 

thanx for the help btw :) I sure gonna ask around more before jumping in . 

I don't know anything about Canadian shops but if you look at the list on PC Part Picker and click each item it'll bring up the cheapest stores for each item.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

no worrie , a friend of mine referred me to BEST BUY . And found one near my place :) 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/internal-hard-drives/20239.aspx

https://www.newegg.ca/Desktop-Internal-Hard-Drives/SubCategory/ID-14?Tid=167537

Now just have to figure out..if my motherboard has a slot for one more hard drive or not . 

Thanx for the help! 

Elderly Hive Dweller