Hopefully there will be plenty more soul bounds in the DLCs.

I still haven't found most of the uniques and soul bounds yet, but I'm liking the talking soul bound sword Modwyr. It has good stats/effects and hearing it laugh while slaughtering enemies is awesome. :)

are any of the soul bounds actually any good?

they look crappy

Modwyr is best in slot for any character that cant build +actionspeed % themselves with their kit. Unfortunately you have to grind out its questline tho and find a way to compensate for the horribly low sword penetration.

Blightheart is great since you can get it instantly after leaving Port Maje. Its probably the best free Rifle until you can buy the FireGun thing sold in the Brass Citadel.

Doesn't Modwyr always get turned into a non soulbound weapon at the end of her quest? I haven't found a soloution that keeps her icon white.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

The soulbounds in Deadfire are better (compared to uniques) than in PoE.

My favorite so far is Magistrate's Cudgel.

Marux Amanth is also useful - especially great on a Priest of Skaen (also multiclassed - but you have to bind it to the priest class).

Lord Darryn's Voulge is also very nice.

So yeah - I think they are pretty nice overall. Also spare you a ton of coins because you don't need to upgrade them via enchantments. Two superb/legendary enchantments already will cost you a junk. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The soulbounds in Deadfire are better (compared to uniques) than in PoE.

My favorite so far is Magistrate's Cudgel.

Marux Amanth is also useful - especially great on a Priest of Skaen (also multiclassed - but you have to bind it to the priest class).

Lord Darryn's Voulge is also very nice.

So yeah - I think they are pretty nice overall. Also spare you a ton of coins because you don't need to upgrade them via enchantments. Two superb/legendary enchantments already will cost you a junk. ;)

do you know where there is full item descriptions for all the soulbounds including when they are unlocked? The wiki is very vague

This one is fairly ok, but some minor changes from 1.1 are not yet covered and the class-specific upgrades are not displayed properly:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Category:Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_soulbound_items

Best woud be to use the console to spawn them all into your inventory with [giveitem], bind them and then use the [levelSoulBound] command to bring them all up to end tier.

Since there are not that many (yet) it's not that much work and you'll get the exact data. 

In my current playthrough I have them all (besides the Cudgel because I have 3 RES ;)) and all in all I find them to be nice. 

• Like 1

This one is fairly ok, but some minor changes from 1.1 are not yet covered and the class-specific upgrades are not displayed properly:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Category:Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_soulbound_items

Best woud be to use the console to spawn them all into your inventory with [giveitem], bind them and then use the [levelSoulBound] command to bring them all up to end tier.

Since there are not that many (yet) it's not that much work and you'll get the exact data. 

In my current playthrough I have them all (besides the Cudgel because I have 3 RES ;)) and all in all I find them to be nice. 

The 1.2 beta makes some changes to Lord Darryn's Voulge, too. 

I mean let's take the soulbounds we have into consideration:

-Lord Darryn's Voulge - one of the best two-handed weapons in the game, we will see if that remains to after 1.2 but due to the fact it deals pure shock damage it allowed a two-hander to compete with dual saber setups on melee dps. Also it's mob aoe damage is unparalleled except for maybe the other Pollaxe in the game or something like endgame Engoliero de Espiers but so far the Voulge was better.

-Modwyr - best in slot weapon in it's class (one handed sword) because of how much it buffs action speed and elemental lash when fully upgraded. (when dual wielding)

-Blightheart - "nice" early superior arquebas. But definitely slightly worse than Dragon's Dowry and far worse than The Red Hand. 

-Marux Amanth dagger - Boerer is correct it is a nice weapon on a priest (offensive-fire) but part of me wonders if Xoti's Sickle and Lantern are better things to have equipped even on an offensive priest. Maybe Sickle+Marux Amanth?

Magistrate Cudgel - I mean this thing can also be upgraded to superior early and you can get a lot of mileage on it throughout the game, therefore. Late game I have finally switched to Mohara Toga+Tuitilo's Palm on my monk-x (chanter) tank. But that is after I had the ingredients to upgrade the Mohara Taga to Legendary. Mohara Taga, since no one else in my party  is using it is the superior weapon no questions especially at legendary, but in terms of weapons for your tank the choice between 

Magistrate Cudgel

Shattered Vengeance

Resounding Call

Bardatto's Luxury

Kapana Taga

Rannig's Wrath

All of these 6 weapons listed have their strengths depending on how you build your tank but the Cudgel probably comes out on top before you can "seriously" upgrade the other weapons because you get it to superior quality really fast and it has high base penetration+ accuracy buff. In my mind only Mohara Taga is currently clearly better than the cudgel and only if it fully upgraded.

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

The Magistrate's Cudgel is pretty fun with a Barb/Fighter or -/Cipher or -/Monk + Blood Thirst as soon as you fight kith enemies... But a Fighter/Barb with Clear Out and Blood Thirst really "kills it". ;)

Edited by Boeroer