BUG (1.2.0) - The yellow level up cross on portraits keeps flashing even after level up

no1fanboy

Question

16 answers to this question

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufsugwx5zjufhfe/Niall%20%28CaptainsCabin%29%20%286299d8a5-bc8b-4a89-9319-819ca665bfc2%29%20%28916974403%29.savegame?dl=0

Loading the save causes the issue to resolve, so you may have to start a new game to reproduce.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey all,

Can I get a save depicting the issue?

Thanks!

-Caleb

Create a new game and console command a level up, use the level up on random spells/abilities and you'll see it.

The reason I say this is if you load somebody's save you won't see the problem as it goes away once you reload a save.

A couple notes to add to this issue:

1. It also happens on a companion dialogue request. The icon disappears after you speak to them, but the flashing white orb continues to flash.

2. The problems are linked to the location of the portrait, not the specific character. If the character whose portrait is in spot 2 is switched with another character, or even switched out of the party, the flashing will appear on the portrait in spot 2, even if that character hasn't leveled up or had a dialogue request since you last restarted the game.

3. This is a visual issue only (but a very annoying one). Clicking on the yellow or white flashing orbs doesn't do anything. Whatever code removes the flashing icons just no longer removes the flashing when it removes the icon.

EDIT: Should have checked my GOG client before posting. This is fixed in 1.2.0.0017.

Edited by jww