Stuck on Principi (Talfor) encounter in Neketaka on PotD

So I don't really want to solve this by talking my way out of it and I can't leave the city without doing this encounter. I'm level 7 and they are level 8-10. They kill three of my guys almost instantly. Pallegina the tank lasts for maybe a few hits and my main PC lives for a bit longer due to the fact that I have 15 DR. got some summons, but they die like I never casted them so I'm kinda stuck. Anyone got any advice? Or do I need to start over from an older save and just do the Degnos quest later... Ugh, that's going to be a REAL old save.

So I don't really want to solve this by talking my way out of it and I can't leave the city without doing this encounter. I'm level 7 and they are level 8-10. They kill three of my guys almost instantly. Pallegina the tank lasts for maybe a few hits and my main PC lives for a bit longer due to the fact that I have 15 DR. got some summons, but they die like I never casted them so I'm kinda stuck. Anyone got any advice? Or do I need to start over from an older save and just do the Degnos quest later... Ugh, that's going to be a REAL old save.

The same thing happened to me. I got stuck in Neketaka and did some quests to level up. Maybe acquire another figurine, I don't remember very well.

And once I could defeat them I reloaded and solved it pacifically anyway because I wanted the reputation with the Principi :facepalm::banghead:

• Like 1

sign.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Allow me to necro. In my last playthrough, this situation developed:

Screenshot-2018-12-25-00-52-35.png

And it turned out to be very strong position. See, Talfor can not move out, because he is engaged by Pallegina (sword + shield). Pallegina can heal herself and thus avoid attention of rogues, who go after low health targets. Eder is low health, but since nobody but Talfor is capable of engaging, he can disengage from rogues every time they begin they attack animation, cause them to miss and thus keep them busy indefinitely. And the rest can focus on wizards and pistoleers (obligatory charm + when attacked from melee range, they will draw sword and defend themselves, instead of, say, shooting Eder/Pallegina).

Ultimate variant would be using Ishiza in place of Pallegina, because he could troll Talfor the same way Eder is trolling rogues. Though micro would be excessive.

Conversely, the worst situations are when some squishier companion's health drops sufficiently to trigger rogues and that squishier companion can not avoid them because he/she is standing next to and engaged by Talfor.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield