She joins the party. I talk to her once, not even to the bird. I don't think it really matters what you say. She gains 1 reputation point and then comes onto me like a dog in heat. She's been in the party for only a little bit. I only picked up Tekehu after going to the palace and done nothing else. What's up with that. It's like this in all my PTs.

She joins the party. I talk to her once, not even to the bird. I don't think it really matters what you say. She gains 1 reputation point and then comes onto me like a dog in heat. She's been in the party for only a little bit. I only picked up Tekehu after going to the palace and done nothing else. What's up with that. It's like this in all my PTs.

I thought this had been fixed. In my game I picked Tekehu and he came at me really fast too.

I think the devs created monsters. No matter what they do to fix it, the companions still act like rabid nymphomaniacs.

sign.jpg

I had the same experience and that was my reaction too. The pacing of the romance in the case of Maia seems really off and I hope they look at that, if they haven't already.

Tekehu never came on to me, but I picked him up quite late in the game so that might have something to do with it.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Maia initiated the romance fairly quickly as well - Takehu and Xoti on the other hand stay silent.

What are your characters prefered dispositions? I have a theory that companions react to your dispositions (therefore in 1,0 was hitting on you as you would advance in all dispositions really rapidlly). My current character's leading dispositions are: stoic, rational, diplomatic. Sounds like something Maia would appreciate (especially first two ones). 

Maia initiated the romance fairly quickly as well - Takehu and Xoti on the other hand stay silent.

What are your characters prefered dispositions? I have a theory that companions react to your dispositions (therefore in 1,0 was hitting on you as you would advance in all dispositions really rapidlly). My current character's leading dispositions are: stoic, rational, diplomatic. Sounds like something Maia would appreciate (especially first two ones).

Don't remember what the prefered dispositions were, but stoic, rational and diplomatic are all stuff I clinged to on my first playthrough.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Maia came on to me pretty quick in my first (post-patch) playthrough, and my key dispositions were diplomatic and clever, followed by benevolent/shady.

Overall, she seemed to react well to clever and some of the more opportunistic shady options. If companions react to dispositions, it could explain Xoti taking her time coming on to me in said playthrough: she HATES shady.

Edited by Taevyr

On what planet do women respond to your disposition though?

I'm so confused by this.

People react to your choices and attitude. That includes women. The reputation system is just clunky in this game. Or maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that Maia joins later.

... this thread went to a strange place quickly. :blink:

Aaaanyway, the problem I see is not that Maia hits on the Watcher at +1 disposition - that seems perfectly in character - but that she's reaching it so quickly. I suppose that could happen if you hit a bunch of her major +rep bonuses in the next few quests after recruiting her. I don't remember exactly how many points a major rep bonus is, but it's somewhere around 15 and +1 disposition is reached at 50 points or so.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2

Wait, Aeons, were you joking or something? :p

... this thread went to a strange place quickly. :blink:

Aaaanyway, the problem I see is not that Maia hits on the Watcher at +1 disposition - that seems perfectly in character - but that she's reaching it so quickly. I suppose that could happen if you hit a bunch of her major +rep bonuses in the next few quests after recruiting her. I don't remember exactly how many points a major rep bonus is, but it's somewhere around 15 and +1 disposition is reached at 50 points or so.

Yeah, I think that hits the nail on the head.

I'm so confused by this.

People react to your choices and attitude. That includes women. The reputation system is just clunky in this game. Or maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that Maia joins later.

Aloth joins early and he is eternally at 0. When she joins isn't the issue. Edited by Vitalis

If companions really do react to your dispositions (and I was under the impression they do), then part of the problem might be that her dispositions are very easy to hit. Maia likes self-sufficiency and resourcefulness, for example, but virtually everything a player character does is self-sufficient or resourceful in some way, so depending on how generous the developer that tagged the dialogue and CYOA segments was feeling that day you could rack up a ****ton of admiration in five minutes.

• Like 1

I'm so confused by this.

Aloth joins early and he is eternally at 0. When she joins isn't the issue.

That wasn't my experience (though he took the longest to reach max rep with), and he's the most extreme case for most people, in the opposite direction of Maia and Tekehu.

Xoti very much felt like she took longer than Maia, to actually go the romance route, even though she joins earlier. I think that's intended in design. It's just kind of crazy extreme with Maia and Tekehu.

I think a mistake was making the system so transparent. It's less organic. It's good in theory but the execution fails.

Also they should have thought about the "cheat" of not having companions in your party when performing certain dubious acts. Hell, the entire Neketaka knows you're the Watcher, Herald of Berath, but companion X doesn't know you completely betrayed their faction because they were on shore leave, playing Orlan's Head on the boat?

Edited by Verde
  • Like 3

Instead of a metering system it should have been simpler based on specific, mutually exclusive decisions.

Also they should have thought about the "cheat" of not having companions in your party when performing certain dubious acts. Hell, the entire Neketaka knows you're the Watcher, Herald of Berath, but companion X doesn't know you completely betrayed their faction because they were on shore leave, playing Orlan's Head on the boat?

I really like that they worked to make it more dynamic. I'd be sad if they had to go backwards though.

Haha, that is a little weird.

I think a mistake was making the system so transparent. It's less organic. It's good in theory but the execution fails.

Especially Serafen, because he is a cipher and might not play Orlan's head.

sign.jpg