Wahai Poraga Bug

George_Truman

Question

6 answers to this question

The Wahai Poraga poleaxe seems to be hitting way more than it should. The picture I took is from one attack. It seems to depend on the number of targets.

Video of the bug in action because it's hilarious (the first 2 minutes, the rest is boring)

It looks like the weapon chains its hits with no limit until there's no available target in an AOE centered on each "bounce"

Edited by Esajin

Are you a monk with Swift Flurry and heartbeat drumming? I have a similar build, monk/rogue who can chain his own attack with that pollaxe, it’s just the melee version of forstseeker atm.

I'm a single class fighter, and I just autoattack. No need for procs or buffs or w/e. If you're surrounded, everyone dies until you're no longer surrounded.

I did more testing, it seems Mob Stance enhanced the effect, by refreshing the AOE after a kill.

The AOE is still crazy strong in Defender Stance, dealing enough damage to oneshot an Eoten on POTD upscaled at level 20.

Let me just paste what I wrote in another post

Ok so....

According to the bundle files,

1. "DebugName": "Wahai_Poraga" (1700bfb4-6ca5-4789-988c-1ad629d2965f)

is the entry point of the attack, and the attack has an ExtraAttack will leads to...

2. "DebugName": "Wahai_Poraga_AoE" (8266b7fd-87ce-44ca-ab11-ca11775c8eab)

which is an AoE attack which does no damage which in leads to a RandomAttackAoeComponent ....

3. "DebugName": "Wahai_Poraga_RandomAttack" (5e0495a3-a335-46e3-aad9-f7a076aa7e2d)

This was previously predefined to have 2 extra attacks with the max number of attack on a single target as 1. This attack will have proper dmg values.

It should be fine up to here. Problem is "Wahai_Poraga_RandomAttack" itself has an ExtraAttackID node too which leads back to "Wahai_Poraga_AoE". So basically, it creates an "closed" loop between 2 and 3. Until there are no suitable targets based on the proc conditions governing 3.

You don't even need any critical procs or full attacks to create massive carnage, you just need to be surrounded.

The fix is quite simple - set ExtraAttackID within 3 to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and the loop breaks

If anyone is interested, you can try the fix from here

https://github.com/mosspit/df_wahaiporaga_fix

• Like 1