So I've started my first REAL (started a cipher and didn't enjoy it) character to play and I decided on a rogue since I've heard they do the highest single target damage and look appealing to me. 

Here's my build, any pointers or tips to improve it would be much appreciated:

Race: Moon Godlike (I like the passive, the stats and they look cool)

Attributes:

MIG: 12

CON: 8

DEX: 18

PER: 18

INT: 12

RES: 10

I want to use dual sabres because they look cool and I like pirates. I've also heard they are very good on the rogue.

What sort of thing do you want your rogue to do and on what difficulty?

Personally I'd maybe drop a few points of PER for something else (Might, Resolve, maybe even Con, depending on how frontliney you want to go - if you're going Moon Godlike I'd probably put it into Might so you're leveraging the racial bonus a bit more) because your accuracy should be good enough to hit anything anyway and if you're attacking disabled targets, which is essential for rogues, they should be debuffed to the point where 3-4 accuracy is not that big a deal. Lore is counter-intuitively very good for rogues/rangers because the scrolls counteract many of their weaknesses (no AOE, few options to target Will/Reflex) and they work well with high might, high accuracy characters.

Sabres/Ruffian proficiency is great for rogues for several reasons (pistol/blunderbuss can give you superb burst to start a fight, Sabres are good, Stilettos are good, you have a blunt option if needed and there's a great club with the Deadfire pack). Moon godlike is not 'optimal' but it contributes something and should be fine.

What sort of thing do you want your rogue to do and on what difficulty?

Personally I'd maybe drop a few points of PER for something else (Might, Resolve, maybe even Con, depending on how frontliney you want to go - if you're going Moon Godlike I'd probably put it into Might so you're leveraging the racial bonus a bit more) because your accuracy should be good enough to hit anything anyway and if you're attacking disabled targets, which is essential for rogues, they should be debuffed to the point where 3-4 accuracy is not that big a deal. Lore is counter-intuitively very good for rogues/rangers because the scrolls counteract many of their weaknesses (no AOE, few options to target Will/Reflex) and they work well with high might, high accuracy characters.

Sabres/Ruffian proficiency is great for rogues for several reasons (pistol/blunderbuss can give you superb burst to start a fight, Sabres are good, Stilettos are good, you have a blunt option if needed and there's a great club with the Deadfire pack). Moon godlike is not 'optimal' but it contributes something and should be fine.

I want a great damage dealer than can disable vital targets in a fight who wont blow up and I'm playing on normal difficulty. My new attributes are 16 8 18 18 10 8. If moon godlike isn't optimal what is the optimal rogue race?

Looks all solid to me. Sabres are a good pick if you like those "strike" abilities and take several of them (Crippling Strike, Blinding Strike etc.). The more of them the better when using sabres. They provide Full Attacks (= hitting with each weapon, skipping recovery between both hits) which negates the genersl sight dps disadvantage of heavy one handers compared to light weapons.

If you don't want to use those strikes a lot and do mostly auto-attacks I would use Rapier & Dagger personally. There are two early uniques that are great and can be used until the end (if you upgrade their quality enchantment on the way): Sword of Daenysis and March Steel Dagger. Pure auto-attack dps will be the highest over the course of the game.

But if you use some strikes (which is more fun in my opinion) sabres are great.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

"I want a great damage dealer than can disable vital targets in a fight who wont blow up and I'm playing on normal difficulty. My new attributes are 16 8 18 18 10 8. If moon godlike isn't optimal what is the optimal rogue race?"

I think on Normal you should be absolutely fine with that and Moon Godlike would work well and be fun. I think the minmax choice is probably something like Hearth Orlan for a melee rogue for the extra crits.

I'd throw a few points of Per into Resolve or Con for a frontliner but that's just me. As always in POE, stats are a trade-off.