Just PMd them and while writing realised this was a good idea

I started of with we the undersigned (acknowledging nobody I hadn't actually told a soul)

While there are many issues we need addressed this one should be fairly simple for them to fix...

Containers (not as boring as it sounds)

I'll use Sanza as an example and some discussions I'm having with @ZapGunForHire

[Deadfire] owns

[Neketata] owns

[Queen's Birth] owns

[sanza's Map Emporium ] owns

[Many things] I'll just take Sanza for illustration

[sanza] owns - this bit is abstract...

[sanza's Shop] which owns [bunch of items]

[His kit] Kill him for the drops (don't do this one)

[Faction] Which controls how friendly he is and if he's gonna give you a discount etc

At present there is no way to link any of these things together unless you do extensive research of level*

In exported it's be very cool to clearly identify Sanza's Shop as belonging to Sanza

The only current way to do this is matching UUIDs

In the @ZapGunForHire Q where he's trying to play with discounts the only way we currently have is to match UUIDs in level files

I'll do a little research and let @ZapGunForHire in on what he wants so he can do a release.

If you like my suggestion reply + like this post then next time I go to the Devs I can say we've got X asking for this and it's growing daily.

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

The problem is with this line

[Sanza's Shop] which owns [bunch of items]

If Sanza's Shop owns this "bunch of items", those items ID's should not repeat in other shop or vendor, because one item will have two or more owners and that is a really bad data modelling. 

Edited by TT1

At present there is no way to link any of these things together unless you do extensive research of level*

In exported it's be very cool to clearly identify Sanza's Shop as belonging to Sanza

The only current way to do this is matching UUIDs

Right, there is a way to link things together. Take the object and look for incoming references. It doesn't really make sense to require the JSON to have reverse references as a mere convenience.

What we really need are ways to dynamically extend things. Loot lists are the obvious example: they, like everything else, build top-down. Containers (or people) have references to their loot lists, which means that if we want to add objects to the container, we need to override the container, which means that different mods that override the container will conflict.

It would be ideal if we could add ConditionalCalls on loot lists that would essentially mark which container they would belong to, so containers can dynamically load all loot lists that are marked as belonging to that container. 

This does require extra work of the game's resource manager -- it can't just merely treat the entire bundle as a lookup table indexed by UUID any more if that were the case, and can't necessarily just lazily load an object's data and its dependents when the object is referenced -- but a single pass through all LootList objects and building another lookup table alongside would mitigate that.