Khagmas you ninja :)

Any chance of getting watercolors made of this portrait from PoE1 (Male Human E)? Was kinda bummed it wasn't included in Deadfire.

eVJpYS0.pngYBm67z6.pngg47hLEs.pngRkS1CBh.png

Btw, I've accumulated a few portraits since the release of Deadfire. Decided to share:

0g8pdbW.jpg

All water-colored (with _convo and _si). Example:

fIAasVE.png

You can download them here: mod page

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 8

Khagmas you ninja :)

Any chance of getting watercolors made of this portrait from PoE1 (Male Human E)? Was kinda bummed it wasn't included in Deadfire.

eVJpYS0.pngYBm67z6.pngg47hLEs.pngRkS1CBh.png

Btw, I've accumulated a few portraits since the release of Deadfire. Decided to share:

0g8pdbW.jpg

All water-colored (with _convo and _si). Example:

fIAasVE.png

You can download them here: mod page

Oh my gods I love you so much right now.

EDIT: Can you add the godlike types into the file names so the new portraits disperse themselves into the lists in the correct places? Everything else goes in the right place but all your godlike pics go jumbled up by themselves at the end of the godlikes list.

Edited by protopersona

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Still hoping for this pic to be converted to the watercolor pics.  Happy Holidays to all as well.

Here's my attempt:

FCgW65S.png0jvgyBe.pngavuC4zR.pngP7oYMYW.png 

Oh my gods I love you so much right now.

EDIT: Can you add the godlike types into the file names so the new portraits disperse themselves into the lists in the correct places? Everything else goes in the right place but all your godlike pics go jumbled up by themselves at the end of the godlikes list.

Glad to hear that :)

EDIT: updated the godlike portraits' filenames to include the godlike type.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

No idea what a pecan color is :)

So here's an attempt in brown:

h2ZIWvY.pngReXfFbA.pngVha7ZuU.pngPnIRnwO.png

Water-colors here ^ are recolored _convo and _si that were coming with portrait.

And water-colors below are the ones made with the help of Aramintai's guide:

o0bHz43.pngDMxj0Pv.png

Curious which ones you will choose.

• Like 2

I'm gonna find it very entertaining if MaxQuest has spent all this time delving deeply into the game's code and mechanics, but the thing that gets him the most recognition is his ability to proficiently apply filters over pretty pictures. Not to downplay his work in this thread cause it's great. I just feel like the first thing requires way more effort than the second.

• Like 2

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

I'm gonna find it very entertaining if MaxQuest has spent all this time delving deeply into the game's code and mechanics, but the thing that gets him the most recognition is his ability to proficiently apply filters over pretty pictures. Not to downplay his work in this thread cause it's great. I just feel like the first thing requires way more effort than the second.

Ha, yeah. I've just noticed his speed calculator. Now I'm wondering if there is a fight simulator where I can test whether a single-classed skald will have higher dps and and/or longer survivability - against an enemy with known attributes - with one-handed weapon or a weapon and a shield. We need a combat-simulator. :D

Edit: It's most likely one-handed. But I like simulations.

I'll stop now. Back to your regular water-colouring.

Edited by Frak

Nerf Troubadour!

Tehehe)

Now I'm wondering if there is a fight simulator where I can test whether a single-classed skald will have higher dps and and/or longer survivability - against an enemy with known attributes - with one-handed weapon or a weapon and a shield. We need a combat-simulator. :D

There is no combat simulator for PoE that I am aware of :)

Was thinking (theoretically) about adding damage values to the mentioned speed calculator. But haven't spotted the fine point yet.

I mean, there are way to many variables. If I'll factor only a few - it will be useless.

If too many - then it will be a huuuge amount of work, plus it will still be subpar to:

- launch the game

- spawn the dummies or some specific creatures

- and test your actual dps)

• Like 1

Tehehe)

Now I'm wondering if there is a fight simulator where I can test whether a single-classed skald will have higher dps and and/or longer survivability - against an enemy with known attributes - with one-handed weapon or a weapon and a shield. We need a combat-simulator. :D

There is no combat simulator for PoE that I am aware of :)

Was thinking (theoretically) about adding damage values to the mentioned speed calculator. But haven't spotted the fine point yet.

I mean, there are way to many variables. If I'll factor only a few - it will be useless.

If too many - then it will be a huuuge amount of work, plus it will still be subpar to:

- launch the game

- spawn the dummies or some specific creatures

- and test your actual dps)

Quick reply. My main issue is that dps will likely be higher with one-handed, but (small) shield with modal might some more crits and give more phrases, if chanter. I like chanters in general, and skald in particular.

What I imagined was:

- Simulation running for a specified amount of time (variable) Could be 5 minutes, could be 1 minute. User decides.

- User puts in creature value for opponent. Or they are pre-defined. We have the bestiary so you can find stats and attributes for relevant creatures.

- User puts in weapons, proficiencies, shields, weapon style and modals. Also basic armour. Special itemization can always be expanded.

Simulation tests dps and survivability of char.

("Your char died after 536 seconds and did XXXYYY damage. 10 phrases generated through crits and you used 25 invocations")

Agree, lots of variables and lots of work. But oh, how you could test builds and get ... *numbers*!!!!!  :w00t:

Nerf Troubadour!

There ya go:

OfUUG5y.pngHQ8t1P8.pngg2SXsVZ.png5CftjVs.png

NG5PQeA.png5X3ykzJ.png5EogWV0.pngmNYtyC2.png

P.S. Do you mind if I'll include them in the next version of my pack?

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

There ya go:

OfUUG5y.pngHQ8t1P8.pngg2SXsVZ.png5CftjVs.png

NG5PQeA.png5X3ykzJ.png5EogWV0.pngmNYtyC2.png

P.S. Do you mind if I'll include them in the next version of my pack?

This is awesome! Thanks so much :)

I don't mind if you use them. I don't even know who the original artists are so I can't credit them. Just found the images on pinterest. Pretty sure they're fan art of Hawk from Dragon Age and Ifan Ben Mezd from Divinity.

Figured I'd share this edit I did of a portrait I found earlier in this thread. Not sure who the original artist is but all credit goes to him/her. I'm not the best at editing but there's a lack of good godlike portraits so I figured I'd give it a try. If anyone more capable wants to clean it up that'd be cool too :)

post-226683-0-86931200-1546528034_thumb.png

post-226683-0-22545800-1546528044_thumb.png

Figured I'd share this edit I did of a portrait I found earlier in this thread. Not sure who the original artist is but all credit goes to him/her. I'm not the best at editing but there's a lack of good godlike portraits so I figured I'd give it a try. If anyone more capable wants to clean it up that'd be cool too :)

Made a slightly better watercolor.

post-226683-0-48793200-1546557063_thumb.png

post-226683-0-23308400-1546557077.png

post-226683-0-06531600-1546557091_thumb.png

post-226683-0-71647700-1546557098.png

• Like 2

Made a slightly better watercolor.

If memory serves that's an illustration for a half elf in D&D. 

Your modification is really nice and does make the character a lot more godlike. Nice job. 

• Like 1