Poll - Strongest/ Weakest Class (1.2.0)

Poll Strongest Class/ Weakest class (1.2.0)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you think is curently the strongest class

2. 2. What class do you think is currently the weakest

Okay I have no idea what works and what doesn't with DD because I'm not interested in mods. Just talking about a vanilla experience.

This mod add +30% HP, and make all enemies scaled for 9+ levels, i.e you will never over-level 11L+ enemies. The main point to use this mod is disable bonuses which you get when you over-level enemies. Maybe with new difficulty mod Obsidian do something similar as this mod. For example all dragons has +30 Fortitude and +30 accuracy

Yeah...not a benchmark.

Okay I have no idea what works and what doesn't with DD because I'm not interested in mods. Just talking about a vanilla experience.

This mod add +30% HP, and make all enemies scaled for 9+ levels, i.e you will never over-level 11L+ enemies. The main point to use this mod is disable bonuses which you get when you over-level enemies. Maybe with new difficulty mod Obsidian do something similar as this mod. For example all dragons has +30 Fortitude and +30 accuracy

Yeah...not a benchmark.

I don't know how to benchmark something like Magran Priest on normal PotD, usually all enemies die with single spell tick, if they don't immune to fire

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Wahaī Pōraga got fixed now. It's not that powerful with HoF anymore.

The most broken thing with HoF now is Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If someone really like AOE multi-hit mechanic, check pure ranger + Whirling Strikes with 2x range AOE weapon and Avenging Storm

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Whirling Strikes doesn't work with ranged weapons. Checked yesterday. The ability greys out as soon as you switch to ranged weapons. It's pretty great with Wahaī Pōraga though (even though that got nerfed).

Monk's Whispers of the Wind does work with ranged weapons though. Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole are great if enemies stand near each other. If not (the ability jumps up to 10 meters) then something else with more damage per hit is better.

Edited by Boeroer

If someone really like AOE multi-hit mechanic, check pure ranger + Whirling Strikes with 2x range AOE weapon and Avenging Storm

Whirling Strikes doesn't work with ranged weapons. Checked yesterday. The ability greys out as soon as you switch to ranged weapons. It's pretty great with Wahaī Pōraga though (even though that got nerfed).

Monk's Whispers of the Wind does work with ranged weapons though. Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole are great if enemies stand near each other. If not (the ability jumps up to 10 meters) then something else with more damage per hit is better.

Hmm, look like I miss something did HoF works ranged weapon ?

Edited by mant2si

Yes, it does. :)

But the range of HoF itself is an AoE that is centered around you - so the range doesn't help, you have to get near.

Monk's Whispers is "better" in that regard.

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, it does. :)

But the range of HoF itself is an AoE that is centered around you - so the range doesn't help, you have to get near.

Monk's Whispers is "better" in that regard.

There we go,

* This is DD mod and all enemies has +110 Deflection on normal PotD, you just kill them

This is normal up-scaled PotD

* Because of melee range projectile didn't trigger, but if there second layer of enemies you may kill all of them with single attack

Edited by mant2si

This is very difficult to answer correctly lol. You're asking a very simple question about a very complex concept.

I'd say strongest are Monk/Chanter, because they're powerful from lvl 1 to lvl 20, and both of them are amazing for dual classing.

I also think some classes are pretty meh on their own, but very nice when dual classed.

Yeah Whirling strikes work if u have a melee weapon in ur offhand, i played around with this on my arcana archer character this is why i had this skill picked but i didnt wanna mention it since its most definatly a bug and i try not to include these in builds ;P 

It is very effective if u enchant the Scordios Trophy with Strategic Bliz or whatever its called ( +10% recovery with melee weapons on hit ), two spins would give me around ~70% recovery boost. It also triggers driving flight if there are enemies behing those surrounding u. I think i recorded it ill see if i have it and post it ;P

I didnt have a vid of it, but i loaded a save and made one RQ, Scordios Edge and Scordios Trophy synergy

Edited by Dorftek

Yeah Whirling strikes work if u have a melee weapon in ur offhand, i played around with this on my arcana archer character this is why i had this skill picked but i didnt wanna mention it since its most definatly a bug and i try not to include these in builds ;P 

It is very effective if u enchant the Scordios Trophy with Strategic Bliz or whatever its called ( +10% recovery with melee weapons on hit ), two spins would give me around ~70% recovery boost. It also triggers driving flight if there are enemies behing those surrounding u. I think i recorded it ill see if i have it and post it ;P

Yep, at first I thought that was a bug, but then after few tests I found out that all full attacks works in similar way, they all triggers range + melee weapon, riposte, mob stance... Maybe obsidian plans to change this behavior  or they only correctly limit  Whirling strikes and HoF to melee

Edited by mant2si

Yep, at first I thought that was a bug, but then after few tests I found out that all full attacks works in similar way, they all triggers range + melee weapon, riposte, mob stance... Maybe obsidian plans to change this behavior  or they only correctly limit  Whirling strikes and HoF to melee

Cool i didnt know that about Riposte and mob stance. However the difference with HoF is that it works even if u use ONLY ranged weapons, while whirling strikes does not. Hence why i believe it is a bug.

Cool i didnt know that about Riposte and mob stance. However the difference with HoF is that it works even if u use ONLY ranged weapons, while whirling strikes does not. Hence why i believe it is a bug.

Yep, otherwise you can use something like 2H range weapon for HoF which make no sense at ALL

Edited by mant2si

Yep, at first I thought that was a bug, but then after few tests I found out that all full attacks works in similar way, they all triggers range + melee weapon, riposte, mob stance... Maybe obsidian plans to change this behavior or they only correctly limit Whirling strikes and HoF to melee

Yep, otherwise you can use something like 2H range weapon for HoF which make no sense at ALL

Well a rod with the modal and the frostseeker isn't too bad with HoF

Whirling Strikes works almost the same as HoF - without Carnage, but with raw DoT. It's def. a great ability. And using one melee weapon and one ranged is smart. I knew that stuff like Riposte works that way, but I didn't test this on Whirling Strikes actually, so good point.

I think the best thing would be to use Fire in the Hole with Chain Shot and Driving Flight. THat would mean 1 AoE attack + 2 AoE jumps per shot. This will generate plenty of hits (33% more than with Minor Blights). They will do a bit less damage per hit than Blights, but you will have a lot more hits and once you use Avenging Storm it's the number of hits that matter, not so much the dmg per hit.

Still, Whispers of the Wind or HoF with Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole on a crowd is better than Whirling Strikes (even if you can pull it off with one melee and one AoE ranged weapon equipped, you will always miss that there's no reliable AoE on your melee weapon). And it's also more versatile because you can still use it effectively with lets say pistols, fists or sabres when enemies are not forming a tight group. A Ranger is screwed then (if he wants to use Whirling Strikes - same with a Barb).

Also Whispers of the Wind is great with Swift Flurry + Hearbeat Drumming + Wahai Poraga if enemies stand near each other. There will be a lot of additional crit procs that will be AoE attacks as well that will have a chance to proc an additional attack and so on. Still one of the most powerful combos against mobs.

Whirling Strikes works almost the same as HoF - without Carnage, but with raw DoT. It's def. a great ability. And using one melee weapon and one ranged is smart. I knew that stuff like Riposte works that way, but I didn't test this on Whirling Strikes actually, so good point.

I think the best thing would be to use Fire in the Hole with Chain Shot and Driving Flight. THat would mean 1 AoE attack + 2 AoE jumps per shot. This will generate plenty of hits (33% more than with Minor Blights). They will do a bit less damage per hit than Blights, but you will have a lot more hits and once you use Avenging Storm it's the number of hits that matter, not so much the dmg per hit.

Still, Whispers of the Wind or HoF with Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole on a crowd is better than Whirling Strikes (even if you can pull it off with one melee and one AoE ranged weapon equipped, you will always miss that there's no reliable AoE on your melee weapon). And it's also more versatile because you can still use it effectively with lets say pistols, fists or sabres when enemies are not forming a tight group. A Ranger is screwed then (if he wants to use Whirling Strikes - same with a Barb).

Also Whispers of the Wind is great with Swift Flurry + Hearbeat Drumming + Wahai Poraga if enemies stand near each other. There will be a lot of additional crit procs that will be AoE attacks as well that will have a chance to proc an additional attack and so on. Still one of the most powerful combos against mobs.

Monk is broken, I never play them after 1.0.2

Your forgot about Driven Flight and insane ranger accuracy bonus when you compare HoF with WW

With Hand Mortal you can't use kitchen stove for 2 additional projectiles, and you receive -10 acc bonus for both hands. You also forgot about +30% freeze lash for every projectile and attack

The difference for accuracy between HoF with 2x Mortals and WW can be > 45 (Marked pray + Stalker Link + Survival of the Fittest + 10 additional accuracy + Marksman) 

Edited by mant2si