Poll - Strongest/ Weakest Class (1.2.0)

Poll Strongest Class/ Weakest class (1.2.0)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you think is curently the strongest class

2. 2. What class do you think is currently the weakest

No, it is just arrogant. They do not know what they talk about. I explained why Wizard is not the strongest class but I can repeat it again: because of the stupid PEN-AR (and ACC) mechanic which martial classes can overcome by gearing up while Wizard cannot. 

Wizard doesn't give a **** about PEN-AR unless he's just spamming missiles. A single-class Wizard has a rough early game, but the moment you get Noxious Burst you can clear waves of enemies in two casts at most. I don't know what you consider "strong", but in my POTD playthrough the only weakness of my Wizard was that I had to be careful about not destroying my own team members by accident.

No, it is just arrogant. They do not know what they talk about. I explained why Wizard is not the strongest class but I can repeat it again: because of the stupid PEN-AR (and ACC) mechanic which martial classes can overcome by gearing up while Wizard cannot. 

Wizard doesn't give a **** about PEN-AR unless he's just spamming missiles. A single-class Wizard has a rough early game, but the moment you get Noxious Burst you can clear waves of enemies in two casts at most. I don't know what you consider "strong", but in my POTD playthrough the only weakness of my Wizard was that I had to be careful about not destroying my own team members by accident.

Try wizard solo nemnok. Not the mobs, they are easy.

whether or not a class can solo X creature is not a measure of its power, which at least in poe1 tended to be more of a technical combat issue (e.g. can you get enough deflection or sustain, haven't tried in deadfire). a cipher probably can't solo many bosses, but i'll be damned if their many charm/dominate abilities aren't so utterly good on post-1.1 PoTD even with the coming nerfs in 1.2.

whether or not a class can solo X creature is not a measure of its power, which at least in poe1 tended to be more of a technical combat issue (e.g. can you get enough deflection or sustain, haven't tried in deadfire). a cipher probably can't solo many bosses, but i'll be damned if their many charm/dominate abilities aren't so utterly good on post-1.1 PoTD even with the coming nerfs in 1.2.

Well all those builds are useless, if there is a ultimate challenge achievement with all bosses like in poe1, because they can just not beat them solo.

Why does solo matter? This game was designed with party in mind. There's like a hundred other games to play solo :x

But if u think about it ud think it was actually designed for solo considering the difficulty. Hence why solo matters and why basically half of all class builds posted are "Solo POTD upscaled".

On casual lol

The level 11 Wizard in the vid I posted earlier has this stats for Noxious Burst:

PEN 8.8, 55-74  damage ACC 58 vs Fortitude, ok applies Sickened for a better chance on the second cast. 

How come Wizard doesn't give stars about PEN-AR? Oh on casual, I see.

Show me the vid where you are clearing waves of enemies on PotD* as soon as you get Noxious Burst, else I call it bull stars.

---

edit: with Level Scaling on

Edited by knownastherat
  • Like 1

I'm sorry for this stupid question. How is the Animal Companion for Ranger in Deadfire compared to the original?

In the original (after all patches), the Animal Companion was a nice off-tank/decent DPS after ALL the Animal's passives were taken.

Is it as decent (or your opinion of the original) as the original PoE?

My wizard (Aloth) in my frist run of PotD was powerful to me just because of chilling fog. Because it lasts a long time and hits multiple times, it didn’t matter if it didn’t hit them once or twice because they would be blinded (Blind is way too good in this game with that extra recovery time) sooner or later. (Unless they were immune or something)

I just kept giving him spells that hit multiple times like ninagauths icy death beam and oil slick, and missing never mattered to me.

Another good spell imo is Tayrn’s bouncy bull**** orb. If you empower that at the start of a fight, it will just bounce around and apply debuffs and good damage to everything (Especially with accurate empower)

I think Wizards are powerful not because of damage, but because of basically infinite debuffs every fight.

Edited by anathanielh

I'm sorry for this stupid question. How is the Animal Companion for Ranger in Deadfire compared to the original?

In the original (after all patches), the Animal Companion was a nice off-tank/decent DPS after ALL the Animal's passives were taken.

I think the animal companion even with all the buffs is pretty useless because it dies very quickly regardless (Based on veteran and potd gameplay)

I think the animal companion even with all the buffs is pretty useless because it dies very quickly regardless (Based on veteran and potd gameplay)

Ouch. Lol. Hopefully.. (like PoE1) by the end the cycle of patches, it will be at least decent.

On casual lol

The level 11 Wizard in the vid I posted earlier has this stats for Noxious Burst:

PEN 8.8, 55-74  damage ACC 58 vs Fortitude, ok applies Sickened for a better chance on the second cast. 

Show me the vid where you are clearing waves of enemies on PotD* as soon as you get Noxious Burst, else I call it bull stars.

---

• Like 1

That is nice indeed but it's not Noxious Burst PL3 but Freezing Pillar PL 6 with +2 PEN food and +1 PEN from passive. While probably not all that relevant, this is not a build played from level 1(4) but a build to make a point. So since the point is not that Wizard does not give stars about PEN/AR nor its Noxious Burst clearing waves, what is it? 

On casual lol

---

What are you trying to prove here? You have no outside buffs because you run solo, the weapon I see on your hotbar makes me think this isn't a geared up character, and best thing is, you didn't even empower that cast. Just because you suck at Wizard doesn't mean the class is bad, and I don't really feel like rerolling just to prove a point. Believe what you want.

The guy above me has a nice naked Wiz demo. Here's one with gear on, albeit higher level.

https://youtu.be/ey9b2aK20T8?t=701

On casual lol

---

What are you trying to prove here? You have no outside buffs because you run solo, the weapon I see on your hotbar makes me think this isn't a geared up character, and best thing is, you didn't even empower that cast. Just because you suck at Wizard doesn't mean the class is bad, and I don't really feel like rerolling just to prove a point. Believe what you want.

The guy above me has a nice naked Wiz demo. Here's one with gear on, albeit higher level.

https://youtu.be/ey9b2aK20T8?t=701

You need to prove your claims.

I hinted why I think one (Noxious Burst clearing waves) is bull stars and the other one about Wizard not giving stars about PEN/AR is simply false because of how game mechanics work. 

Edited by knownastherat

I believe all classes are strong enough.

Priests have good damaging spells at high lvls, and great support abilities all over. You can buff everyone, supress any debuffs, withdraw/ress your buddies, and spells like symbol of eothas and storm of holy fire are broken because AI won't react to them. What else do you need?

Rangers have issues with pets and subclass balance. Gunhawk > Ghost Heart >>>>>>>>>>>> sharpshooter, stalker and pure class. Also, bears and birdie > every other pet.

I think Rogues are the only "too strong "class after chanter nerfs. They only need their awesome upgraded starting abilities, then get passives because everything else is obsolete.

I believe all classes are strong enough.

Priests have good damaging spells at high lvls, and great support abilities all over. You can buff everyone, supress any debuffs, withdraw/ress your buddies, and spells like symbol of eothas and storm of holy fire are broken because AI won't react to them. What else do you need?

Rangers have issues with pets and subclass balance. Gunhawk > Ghost Heart >>>>>>>>>>>> sharpshooter, stalker and pure class. Also, bears and birdie > every other pet.

I think Rogues are the only "too strong "class after chanter nerfs. They only need their awesome upgraded starting abilities, then get passives because everything else is obsolete.

The problem with the rogues is that outside of starting abilities, the abilities feel meh & similars. Smoke cloud, positioning & sap don't feel like powerfull abilities for their PL. Persistant distraction make lot of affliction abilities less usefull. And if you're single, you unlock an even more OP skill that outshines others. And escape, I never heard about the other upgrade next to shadow beyond. 3 guile for a single target paralyse?

And if you multiclass you can have better options for all this stuff.

Right now I find the trickster is the one subclass that offer a wide variety of abilities for each PL.

On casual lol

---

You can have two pull of eora at the same time? Really ?

That is stupid OP 

delete your post before obsidian see it and add it to the nerf list in the next patch

Yes, like 2 Chillfog and 2 Malignant Clouds and some other stuff. Try Arduous Delay of Motion + Pull Of Eora... :D

I also think Rymrgand's spells (both) are crazy powerful. Terrify takes a character out of the game completely (like hard CC), the spells have big AoEs and long durations (for such a powerful CC effect). Dito Chillfog.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, like 2 Chillfog and 2 Malignant Clouds and some other stuff. Try Arduous Delay of Motion + Pull Of Eora... :D

I also think Rymrgand's spells (both) are crazy powerful. Terrify takes a character out of the game completely (like hard CC), the spells have big AoEs and long durations (for such a powerful CC effect). Dito Chillfog.

Indeed, Terrify should be shortened further to 8 sec, probably 7 sec max. I will post comprehensive analyses showing the breaking point is around 7.43 sec later. 

• Like 1

Indeed, Terrify should be shortened further to 8 sec, probably 7 sec max. I will post comprehensive analyses showing the breaking point is around 7.43 sec later. 

Curious about your analyze, how do u define breaking point here?