yeah its pretty hard at the moment after all the changes

They just made figurines a per charge use as of today aswell so it got even harder!

I always had, both in PoE and now PoE II, all summon figurines at the ready and never actually used them. :/

When I do remember, however, I forget again right in the next battle. This is likely not affecting me at all. If anything, I'll never use them now because of the classic "But what if I need it later." Same goes for potions and most consumables. I hoard everything till the end based on the former reasoning. :/

I mean I'm about 40-50 hours in and just now used my first drug to grab a soulbound mace. I use potions seldomly only with Xoti who has high alchemy stat and occasionally throw a grenade with Edér (but more often not). Once I planted a grenade into a bounty's sidekick.

I can get by in fights with debuffing and switching weapons. I need to start using consumables more, would ease my life a bit.

Edited by Queeg
  • Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

I never quite understood that anxiety from using stuff. If you need it later you can restock at XX vendors that restock after X hours. 

For me, I'm sure it comes from the Gothic series. You are basically a fighter gardener, picking every single thing you find from the ground. You're never able to consume it all and most stuff isn't really even worth consuming because they do so little when you can quaff a potion you also have hundreds of, so in the end you just say eff it and keep on picking until you realize you've picked several hundreds of mushrooms and healing herbs.

And after you've encountered the cornucopia you are cautious of scenarios where it could run dry. As for buying stuff - there's so much to buy. SO MUCH. I  can't justify spending any extra gold I have on consumables when I want to try THAT unique item and get THAT particular ship/upgrade. The amount of gold is finite AFAIK.

To quote a Baldur's Gate merchant: "You look like the sort that has more than one piece of gold to rub together."

Yea, I wish.

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

I am also a hoarder. My playstyle is almost exactly like queeg. I always find myself super late in the game with virtually every potion, scroll etc. I've ever looted. If I ever do use some for a tough fight I always have remorse and worry that I will need it later lol

• Like 2

In PoE1 (even on my third PT) I always kept at least 30 of each ingredient. Except for the more expensive, of course. I wanted to be on the safe side in case I needed some scrolls or food in the Endless Path or who knows where. Even so, I finished the game with near 200.000 copper.

In Deadfire I'm avoiding that. I check the ingredients for the most interesting items and buy some of them. And that's it.

Btw, I once read somewhere in these forums that pyrite and sugar where pretty rare. Is it still the case? Because I have plenty of pyrite (even found some pickpocketing) and you can buy sugar in Dunnage.

sign.jpg

Ok I found something about POTD here (around 30 minute).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278639366

They specifically said that they are waiting for reports from users for areas that difficulty is not right on POTD and that they can take a look at it.

This doesn't seem like they are actively working on POTD adjustments at the moment...

Edited by fxluk

If you take vanilla companions you get like Eder+Xoti etc I think Potd upscaled + deadly deadfire (normal) is well tuned. Maybe add the pet mod that gives you a pet that prevents powers scaling on your party into the stratosphere at high levels:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/83

That mod is good with normal deadly deadfire and potd upscaled.

For a full custom party/ fine tweaked I would suggest the hardcore version of deadly deadfire though.

But even with it if you build your party right with enough defenses and heals ai can win the game for you at the end even with that mod installed. 

They specifically said that they are waiting for reports from users for areas that difficulty is not right on POTD and that they can take a look at it.

This doesn't seem like they are actively working on POTD adjustments at the moment...

rip :(

Everything that hasnt been adjusted is too easy.

All Bounties, all dragons everything, all other sidequests, all storyfights (i.e. the faction quest that makes you kill some of the bigshots)

On my second run (still without a custom party) i literally auto attacked the (last)guardian to death only using aoe heals for supp (thank god for crits getting bonus pen tho..)

Auto attacked all bounties as well, even the ogre was a complete pushover.

The casters in the guardian fight dont aggro correctly btw. They always just stand on the side and i kill them after the guardian is dead. Same with the ghouls in the boss fight on the island south east of the map.

individual fights on the island southeast of the map were challenging but mostly because of arcane dampener (and its added bonus effect of ruining self buff AI based on "does have inspiration NOT -->then cast ...") also the paladin abilitiy that is supposed to supress enemy effects doesnt work correctly against their charm. For some reason it removes charm once, but the character can get charmed again while the paladin buff is still active and casting it on him again doesnt remove the charm. and the bloody spell that casts huge aoe damage + CC on melee hits. Next time ill bring arcane dampener myself and decent OffHand ranged weapons..

^this might also be just a really weird interaction with arcane dampener... it does work with the rank 1 priest spell tho.. soo *shrugs*

most importantly it was BORING compared to dealing with the added pressure that all the revamped enemies bring with their bonus abilities which is just such a huge gamechanger and actually forced me to do more things that just slap down a heal and nuke easy to kill priority enemies.

All difficulty that is currently there, which isnt much, (in the areas that werent adjusted) is based on inflated armor, defenses (especially against all spells that dont target deflect or will) and gunners doing stupid amounts of damage. It feels about as engaging as the surprise paralyze spam in WM. So feel free to fix those and add more interesting mechanics.

the Fight against the MenPwra (with a ton of added cleaving constructs, and a slime)  or whatever their name is in the area where you cleanse the corrupted adra pillar was the best fight in the game. It had interesting mechanics that forced me to play smart. Keep the cleaving dudes busy, interrupted prioritiy spells, fun stuff good times.

^That was the benchmark for a good encounter imo. All the reworked encounters were really good tho in the end! All the more reason for me to be disappointed in the rest of them.

Edited by Zelse
  • Like 1

I never quite understood that anxiety from using stuff. If you need it later you can restock at XX vendors that restock after X hours. 

The difficulty was never severe enough that you needed to use stuff to get past something. If you struggled, it's usually cause you made a mistake and a reload would fix that. But not knowing which fight you might actually struggle on encourages you to hoard for that difficult fight that never comes.

rip :(

Everything that hasnt been adjusted is too easy.

All Bounties, all dragons everything, all other sidequests, all storyfights (i.e. the faction quest that makes you kill some of the bigshots)

On my second run (still without a custom party) i literally auto attacked the (last)guardian to death only using aoe heals for supp (thank god for crits getting bonus pen tho..)

Auto attacked all bounties as well, even the ogre was a complete pushover.

The casters in the guardian fight dont aggro correctly btw. They always just stand on the side and i kill them after the guardian is dead. Same with the ghouls in the boss fight on the island south east of the map.

individual fights on the island southeast of the map were challenging but mostly because of arcane dampener (and its added bonus effect of ruining self buff AI based on "does have inspiration NOT -->then cast ...") also the paladin abilitiy that is supposed to supress enemy effects doesnt work correctly against their charm. For some reason it removes charm once, but the character can get charmed again while the paladin buff is still active and casting it on him again doesnt remove the charm. and the bloody spell that casts huge aoe damage + CC on melee hits. Next time ill bring arcane dampener myself and decent OffHand ranged weapons..

^this might also be just a really weird interaction with arcane dampener... it does work with the rank 1 priest spell tho.. soo *shrugs*

most importantly it was BORING compared to dealing with the added pressure that all the revamped enemies bring with their bonus abilities which is just such a huge gamechanger and actually forced me to do more things that just slap down a heal and nuke easy to kill priority enemies.

All difficulty that is currently there, which isnt much, (in the areas that werent adjusted) is based on inflated armor, defenses (especially against all spells that dont target deflect or will) and gunners doing stupid amounts of damage. It feels about as engaging as the surprise paralyze spam in WM. So feel free to fix those and add more interesting mechanics.

the Fight against the MenPwra (with a ton of added cleaving constructs, and a slime)  or whatever their name is in the area where you cleanse the corrupted adra pillar was the best fight in the game. It had interesting mechanics that forced me to play smart. Keep the cleaving dudes busy, interrupted prioritiy spells, fun stuff good times.

^That was the benchmark for a good encounter imo. All the reworked encounters were really good tho in the end! All the more reason for me to be disappointed in the rest of them.

Yeah the MenPwra fight, Lighthouse on Hosango,  and the Docks in Splintered Reef (after you take quest from Copperhead) are the three best fights in the game currently.

Honorable mentions would be:

Druids in Sayuka

Rotten Lady (if you choose to fight her)

Fampyr Cave * still good wiothout tweaking though Fampyrs good get more hard cc abilities just to annoy you even more, since everyone now uses charm resistance aginst them. 

The following fights could be even greater with slight adjustments:

Concelhaut - needs better ai (what happen if enemies don't move away from sigils and "bunker up" against you?

Lucia Rivan and other "endgame" fights - I think here it is a matter of stats to make enemies tanky enough and also do good damage to you

Fire dragon, dragons in general need serious penetration buffs to their "elemental" attacks. But in general large slow targets are easy to take down in this game when your dps stun locks them with deadeye. 

I know that fixing bugs is probably more important than tuning PotD, but I'd like to know at least, if they're going to tune it in the nearest future or not. I still haven't bought Season Pass yet and I think I won't until PotD becomes challenging :( Even -15% discount won't change my mind atm :p

The first ten levels or so (up through Neketaka and Hasongo) is pretty well balanced now on PotD -- difficult and I find I need to use consumables consistently and intelligently to progress.

What I suspect is happening is that the 'upscaling" maxes out at about a six-level shift, so once you get very high level (14+) you start out-scaling a lot of the game content, even after "upscaling." So the problem isn't so much any particular fight -- each map in the game has been adjusted fpr PotD, as per patch notes -- as it is players out-levelling the content.

A lot of side quest stuff is set to be relatively low-level (because they don't know when you'll tackle it) and it can't fully upscale due to the cap, so once you're past level 12 or so stuff starts getting easier because you're outlevelling content.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy