You get all of your "cool" abilities at an early level, making it one of the best multi-classers.

Requires a bit of creativity to use them effectively, but they have teleports, high-damaging passives, and invis, all of which come online by level of 10.

They also have some of the best DOT abilities in the game.  

Edited by Marigoldran

I wouldnt call them overpowered. I have played hundreds of hours on poe1 and am an infinity game veteran and when i played a rogue on potd he died alot. He was quite flimsy and i had to be very careful about putting him in the action for to long.

The rogue as is is far from game breaking. There are curently many ways to break the game using high level spells that a rogue cant access.

That's why you multiclass it with a Paladin.  Have you tried that? 

The result is.... SUPERROGUE.    The game may call it "A HolySlayer" but a better name would be: "The Terminator Machine of DEATH."  

Combine Streetfighter with Riposte with a Paladin's defenses and healing and auras and Rogue offensive and DOT abilities and, well, yeah.  

A Streetfighter/Paladin is like a self-healing tank with teleport and heavy armor and fast recovery speeds and DOTs.  The two classes synergize unusually well.  

Edited by Marigoldran

As in PoE a rogue is good early on but falls behind a bit the more levels you gain. At least on PotD difficulty.

Mostly because he lacks decent AoE abilities and he's frontloaded.

That makes him a very good choice for multiclassing.

It also leads to the impression that a rogue might be OP once you first try one.

The good thing about Deadfire (for high level single class rogues): there are AoE weapons with which you can compensate that lack of AoE capability.

Funnily - despite the common complaints about ciphers - I think that ciphers are the opposite atm: meh at the beginning but really strong later on.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

As in PoE a rogue is good early on but falls behind a bit the more levels you gain. At least on PotD difficulty.

It also leads to the impression that a rogue might be OP once you first try one.

The good thing about Deadfire (for high level single class rogues): there are AoE weapons with which you can compensate that lack of AoE capability.

Funnily - despite the common complaints about ciphers - I think that ciphers are the opposite atm: meh at the beginning but really strong later on.

So, what does that make a Rogue/Cipher multiclass, when the rogue is strong early, but less so later on, while the cipher is the opposite?

• Like 1

So, what does that make a Rogue/Cipher multiclass, when the rogue is strong early, but less so later on, while the cipher is the opposite?

I'm playing five multiclassed assassins, one of them is a cipher (base class). It's pretty hilarious because the assassinate +25 accuracy bonus means I can sneak up on a pack, charm/dominate one target with ease and then use Smoke Veil and retreat. The victim will attack its allies but they won't attack it back because they sure ain't falling for this cheap trick of making them attack their comrade. They don't see anything else to hit though, so they're like, "I guess I'll die".

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

It's pretty hilarious because the assassinate +25 accuracy bonus means I can sneak up on a pack, charm/dominate one target with ease and then use Smoke Veil and retreat. The victim will attack its allies but they won't attack it back because they sure ain't falling for this cheap trick of making them attack their comrade. They don't see anything else to hit though, so they're like, "I guess I'll die".

That's how my Beguiler/Assassin mostly rolls too.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

These tricks might work solo if you can run around, hide, reset encounter, etc... But what happens if you can't? (example ship combat)

Also rogues seem OP because of persistent distraction, but that won't work against enemies resistant to perception afflictions or immune to flanking. And the afflictions you can apply with your abilities don't last very long or can be resisted and then, suddenly, your OP bonuses will vanish...

Quick question: If I want to make a holy slayer that focuses on melee, so Streetfighter Rogue - what's the best Paladin Sub to be able to maintain the bonus? I don't wanna take bleakwalker really, dun fancy being an arse. Darcozzi seems like it could work pretty good? Get a flame shield along with that healing. Is the armor buff for the goldpact knights a bit too much to ensure enough damages if playing with a party? Or is the armor buff just what you need...Thoughts?

I run Streetfighter/Goldpact.  

I've tried this and it's fun build, but didn't feel right for long, potd+deadly deadfire fights. Paladin has zeal return for sworn enemy on PL3 and zeal on kill on PL6, so resource sustain is good, while rogue not so much. It's hard to tell me if his passives compensates it well.