[Annuonce] The Red Hand + friends

This one is always gonna be in beta I guess

One of the most popular subjects is how to get "The Red Hand"

The mod is, I admit, far from perfect but it works well

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/125/

Something I discovered today is that exported ain't a true reflection of what's available

I'm gonna have to run over 30 Gb of data to sort this one out...

• Like 2

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

No, she's an existing vendor - just one I didn't think people would conflict with me

She's actually got three slots so may use those for other things...

There a a load of vendors over Deadfire

I think we have to 'claim' our own and in my case Eofania was a sensible choice as even at Level 20 she's around

There is another matter (before I lost it all as detailed elsewhere) that is noteworty

We can do convo bundles (don't ask again) that add actions to the character

As I say in another post - Windows... I lost everything - the cool thing is I know how to mod a NPC

• Like 1

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Any chance of a bit documentation? Is it a custom vendor? Or only a overwritten Lootlist? I am more in stringtables as in gamebundles. :)

It's a LootList and quite easy to do

Basically you have to find the LootList then add to it

Here's the simplest example I can think of (not completed)

{
	"GameDataObjects": [{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.LootListGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
			"DebugName": "Store_09_PM_Eofania_BaseInventory",
			"ID": "0954daa7-cef5-4ffe-9a65-08abfbd618e8",
			"Components": [{
					"$type": "Game.GameData.LootListComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
					"Conditional": {
						"Operator": 0,
						"Components": []
					},
					"OutputChance": 1,
					"OutputMode": "All",
					"Items": [{
							},
							"MinCount": 1,
							"MaxCount": 1,
							"Weight": 1,
							"ItemID": "cd94b3d3-58be-43fc-9519-ea1703a9314c",
							"LootListID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
							"LockedVisible": "false"
						}

All you have to do is add an extra to the list

So, cd94b3d3-58be-43fc-9519-ea1703a9314c becomes an added thing

This is EXACTLY how I did https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/125

Do you think I paid attention to the Q? (actually, I'm on this - shh)

The goal of the mod was to get it in front of people, tidy it up later

• Like 1

No, she's an existing vendor - just one I didn't think people would conflict with me

She's actually got three slots so may use those for other things...

There a a load of vendors over Deadfire

I think we have to 'claim' our own and in my case Eofania was a sensible choice as even at Level 20 she's around

There is another matter (before I lost it all as detailed elsewhere) that is noteworty

We can do convo bundles (don't ask again) that add actions to the character

As I say in another post - Windows... I lost everything - the cool thing is I know how to mod a NPC

Meh, I think even "claiming" vendors is probably overkill, if you provide EXACT instructions on how to add to a lootlist for folks who are already using that vendor in another mod.  Make it a supplemental fire and make a note saying "for experienced modders ONLY" or something like that.

The 'easy' way to do it would be to have single loot list added to a vendor which in turn points to the mods loot list.  I'm already doing this with my local-mod for rare ingredients and it works perfectly.

This is how I'm currently doing it to keep things nice and tidy.  I added the following code to the World Map 50% off vendors on my home system, inside the "Items": bracket

{
							},
							"ItemID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
							"LootListID": "34a6f715-1d3e-49a6-84ff-0f54780cb021",
						}

That LootListID is a custom UUID I made for myself.  It points to a lootlist in an entirely separate file which contains all of my changes I wanted.  That way I can easily add it to whatever vendor I want, whenever I want, simply by adding one code block.

I think giving instructions for adding one codeblock shouldn't be too hard for semi-experienced modders.

Now, sure, for folks who don't want to open up the .gamedatabundles, having different vendors is an unfortunate fact of life for right now. 

Of course, if Obsidian ever allows us to append Lootlists via an override, this kludge will become moot.

===

As a side note, the game will read  *****.gamedatabundle files that AREN'T all on one line just fine, as I saved all of my local modded gamedatabundle in a more 'traditional' format for ease of use across word processors and have yet to run into a problem with the game.

There might be some reason to keep it in that format that the base game files are in, but I don't know of it.

Any chance of a bit documentation? Is it a custom vendor? Or only a overwritten Lootlist? I am more in stringtables as in gamebundles. :)

It's a LootList and quite easy to do

Basically you have to find the LootList then add to it

Here's the simplest example I can think of (not completed)

{
	"GameDataObjects": [{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.LootListGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
			"DebugName": "Store_09_PM_Eofania_BaseInventory",
			"ID": "0954daa7-cef5-4ffe-9a65-08abfbd618e8",
			"Components": [{
					"$type": "Game.GameData.LootListComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
					},
					"OutputMode": "All",
					"Items": [{
							},
							"ItemID": "cd94b3d3-58be-43fc-9519-ea1703a9314c",
							"LootListID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
						}

All you have to do is add an extra to the list

Hah.  I added almost an identical comment while you were making this one.  :lol:  Though I did come at it from a slightly different angle. ;) 

As a side note, the game will read  *****.gamedatabundle files that AREN'T all on one line just fine, as I saved all of my local modded gamedatabundle in a more 'traditional' format for ease of use across word processors and have yet to run into a problem with the game.

There might be some reason to keep it in that format that the base game files are in, but I don't know of it.

BTW, I bring this up because I've noted quite a few people (myself included :p) griping about the gamedatabundles being all on one line and having to hunt down JSON plugins/JSON friendly editors.  But if we release mods in a more traditional text format, it'll make it easier for folks to plug and play various things from one mod to another.

Something to keep in consideration at the very least.  Or not, as it isn't THAT big of a deal, but it's something I thought I should mention. :)

Got a busy day tomorrow so have to do some boring work so until that's done I'm AFK

I will attempt to answer Zap's although I already know it not to be easy

Let's take Sanza as an example. there is nothing linking Sanza to his shop - but it still works

The trick here is finding the GUIDs

This is gonna be painful - copy live to dummy (30 GB)

I've suggested (in another post) that we all stick to design + localised plus their folders

The advantage of this is it becomes very clear how someone else's mod works

For example I did some work on 'Dead Parrot'

Had TT1 NOT used structured directories I'd have given up

Its totally unnecessary to uglify the files. The game has a json parser and that one can do json, and the xml parser can do xml. Of course you can throw nicely formatted files at it.

• Like 1

Yeah

I'm gonna clean my lists today and write some docs

I based that bunch on 1.1.0

Gonna start a copy (it'll take a while)

For those of you who missed the post on request I fixed and uploaded all the design folder to a server of mine last w/e

https://poe2.peardox.com/exported/

The first bunch are one liners the second bunch are prettified JSON (even where it didn't need prettifying)

The JSON ones expand to about 315M or so (so beware)

Investigating another issue which if I figure it out I'll make a comment about it here, but I thought I would mention why some folks are not seeing the items you added to Eofania's shop and some are.

It all has to do with the fact that some stores restock and some don't.  Which would be all well and good, except some vendors have a mix of restocking items and non-restocking items so it's not always apparent which is which without looking at the Lootlists in detail.

For instance, the Bearth's Blessing vendor in Port Maje will never restock any of his items, while the Fishmonger in Port Maje (to pick one at random) will always restock hers.  Meanwhile Eofania has a mix of three "shops", two of which won't restock (her "base" and her "crate", I believe).

As I thought about it, it's fairly obvious why this is the way it is.  It's to make sure that some items can't be bought (or stolen when they are in crates near the seller) more than once.  Mostly unique items, but also various enchanted items like the Shorewalker Sandals in Eofania's shop.

Which would be fine except, the store's initial stock is always set the first time you open their store.  Near as I can tell, at least.

So, for instance, you have all of your items in your mod being added to "Store_09_PM_Eofanaia_BaseInventory".  If someone hasn't seen Eofanaia's shop then they should appear and only be able to be bought one.  However, if someone has already tried to buy something from her. I am fairly certain it will NEVER be added.

I already found this out a while back when I had tried to add a Spyglass to the Berath's Blessing vendor.  Never could get it to appear in his store with a game where I had already seen his shop, no matter what I tried (including sailing from one end of the map to the other and revisiting him after being in dozens of different areas). 

But I was able to buy it if I hadn't seen his shop yet, even if I already had a game in progress.

Now I'm not 100% sure this is what happening, but let's say 98% sure. :)

And, as I said, it does make sense.  Wouldn't want to be able to buy/steal a Unique Item more than once, after all.   Just sucks that the game doesn't appear to check whether or not the never restock lootlist has been changed or not.

========

The upshot is, I believe, that on fresh games, The Red Hand and everything else will always appear.  If folks haven't shopped with Eofanaia before, they should also be good.  Everyone else will be out of luck, I'm fairly sure.

This also means that folks who are modding Unique Items into the game to be sold should be sure to add it to a Lootlist/store which never updates.

I'm investigating a way to get around this though.  Fingers crossed that what I'm hoping will work will in fact work, eventually. :)

PS:  This also means that folks who are using your mod as a base to add items to Eofanaia's shop for their own mods will also be SOL if they've already shopped with her once (I saw a comment over at Nexus about that).

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

Everything is fully explained in https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103148-important-info-for-all-modders-adding-unique-items-to-the-game-via-vendors/ - I thought @ZapGunForHire's post made a better place for that explain (this one is also confusing)

Yes, I speak English (Mancunian style) - that means I am born and bread in the UK

I welcome any comments any thing I say that confuses people pointing out - kindly PM with the bit you don't understand.

I will edit my posts and fix the content if you have a valid point

You must remember that simply as you don't understand a point doesn't mean I'm wrong and if you pick up a mistake I'll happily fix the post.

I do write a lot of stuff daily, obviously I'm not perfect so some things will slip through

If you knew exactly what I'm doing... Only a few people do...