Actually people have already done it.  The idea is simple:

Arterial Strike + Rogue + Blunderbuss.

Use blunderbuss to activate Arterial Strike and Gouging Eye on a group of enemies.  

Then run away.

The enemies die chasing after you.  Add in the Paladin ability: Brand for even more DOT damage (was running a Holy Slayer) and you can kite everything to death and you're tanky and can heal yourself.  

Add in alchemy and it's even more OP.  

Works from level 10 onwards.

Edited by Marigoldran

I talked about AoE weapons (WoEP, Wahaī Pōraga, Hand Mortar, Minor Blights, Spirit Lance) + rogue's DoTs in at least four threads in the last 7 days.

Not so secret anymore I guess. ;)

Also works with Battle Axes (without being a rogue) but it takes a bit longer. But one decent Full Attack with Battle Axes will lead to 150+ raw damage (over 60 secs).

Causing everlasting DoTs and running away is powerful - but it also feels cheesy and a bit lame and gets boring after a while - at least for me. Still the AoE appliance of DoTs is very cool. I mean you don't have to run away. It's also nice for a normal fight without running away. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not even close to a Druid with Plague of Insects and high Alchemy. Anything dies in seconds without running anywhere xd

Spoken too soon, you'd better find a new slaughtermachine now.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.