Fort Deadlight is imo the first stop after Port Maje, for loot and exp. The quest there is called "Blow the Man Down" so just blow him by planting a bomb following Mirke's line. No need to fight him at all. 

The quest in  Queens Berth called "Shipwright's Plight" is resolved relatively easily by blowing Gunpowder barrel from stealth thus reducing members of the gang to two. This prevents(?) gaining reputation with Principi and gets Zamar to exchange 4 Iron Thunderers for 1000g.  

Fort Deadlight is imo the first stop after Port Maje, for loot and exp. The quest there is called "Blow the Man Down" so just blow him by planting a bomb following Mirke's line. No need to fight him at all. 

The quest in  Queens Berth called "Shipwright's Plight" is resolved relatively easily by blowing Gunpowder barrel from stealth thus reducing members of the gang to two. This prevents(?) gaining reputation with Principi and gets Zamar to exchange 4 Iron Thunderers for 1000g.  

It is possible to do Mirke's line without recruiting her? TBH i didnt even know about this

This is DEFINITE cheese, but if it belongs anywhere it belongs in this thread.

The moment you arrive in Neketaka, you can sneak through the sewers and get into the Vailian Trading Company. Go upstairs and pick Director Castol's door for 150xp. Any time you leave that map and come back, the door will be locked again for another 150xp. The guards don't care if you pick it.

Obviously this is insanely boring. But it is infinite and available pretty early.

Edited by Incendax

It is possible to do Mirke's line without recruiting her? TBH i didnt even know about this

Positive. To recruit her, talking to her after the quest is done is needed. 

The moment you arrive in Neketaka, you can sneak through the sewers and get into the Vailian Trading Company. Go upstairs and pick Director Castol's door for 150xp. Any time you leave that map and come back, the door will be locked again for another 150xp. The guards don't care if you pick it.

Obviously this is insanely boring. But it is infinite and available pretty early.

This is fixed in the most recent patch (currently in beta testing, but releasing soon).

Fort Deadlight is imo the first stop after Port Maje, for loot and exp. The quest there is called "Blow the Man Down" so just blow him by planting a bomb following Mirke's line. No need to fight him at all.

The quest in Queens Berth called "Shipwright's Plight" is resolved relatively easily by blowing Gunpowder barrel from stealth thus reducing members of the gang to two. This prevents(?) gaining reputation with Principi and gets Zamar to exchange 4 Iron Thunderers for 1000g.

Positive. To recruit her, talking to her after the quest is done is needed.
Wow nice I'll check it out during the day and update the OP. Thanks! Edited by Dorftek

Lmao yeah I saw this on the patch notes for 1.2 and I though to myself: "players really find every little thing lol" :D

If you absolutely definitely need to cheese HARDCORE on a fight that you absolutely definitely can't win otherwise, in 1.1 you can pause and weapon switch to Lethandria's Devotion, then weapon switch back to your current set, having gained 1hp with the game still paused. Bind weapon switch to a hotkey, press it 200 times in a row for an instant 100hp heal at the cost of your action recovery and a little bit of your soul.

Quickest way right now sort legit without using "bugs" to finish the game quickly is probably

-take all money upgraded on Berath blessing,

-stealth as fast as possible through starting island, 

-buy galleon or junk with the blessing money and get a few double bronzers.

-Now sink every other ship on map and sell the loot to upgrade your ship. If that money is not enough steal some high valued items and sell them back basically you want to upgrade your ship.

-sail to Ukaizo hit guardian with a poison attack and stealth out, wait for it to die.

-finish the game. 

pure rogue for an easier time or use invisibility potions. 

Edit: in next patch it will be a bit harder because cost of Junk/Galleon is doubled but I guess you can still do this with a Dhow

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

Quickest way right now sort legit without using "bugs" to finish the game quickly is probably

-Now sink every other ship on map and sell the loot to upgrade your ship. If that money is not enough steal some high valued items and sell them back basically you want to upgrade your ship.

-sail to Ukaizo hit guardian with a poison attack and stealth out, wait for it to die.

-finish the game. 

Edit: in next patch it will be a bit harder because cost of Junk/Galleon is doubled but I guess you can still do this with a Dhow

Yep,  if you need TSC just do that, if you want TSC with non rogue character, just brew potion of invisibility, if you don't like rogue you can take paladin with infinity Brand Enemy

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

-finish the game. 

Lol well sure. :p ATM atleast. Expect massive nerfs to poisons tho. Already with this coming patch there is big nerfs to consumables and they also double the price of Junk and Galleon ships.

I dont want to start a new game yet to try this. Do u recall if there are any skill checks during the mirke quest? She's inside the bar area isnt she?

I dont want to start a new game yet to try this. Do u recall if there are any skill checks during the mirke quest? She's inside the bar area isnt she?

Done this more than two dozens times, not in 1.2 though, there are no skill checks and yes she's there. You need 1 Cinder Bomb to rig the instrument - haprsichord. 

edit: If you do not want to gain reputation with Principi do not flatter, dont get smart, certain woman during the quest ;)

Edited by knownastherat
  • Like 1

edit: If you do not want to gain reputation with Principi do not flatter, dont get smart, certain woman during the quest ;)

Why? What happens if you gain reputation with the Principi?

From what I understand, I never get to play that far ..., having a certain level of reputation with Principi makes it hard or even prevents getting Gipon Prudensco.

Done this more than two dozens times, not in 1.2 though, there are no skill checks and yes she's there. You need 1 Cinder Bomb to rig the instrument - haprsichord. 

Thx m8, updated the OP

Good thread. I had tried to put a similar list together a while back in this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101096-how-many-quests-can-be-resolved-without-combat/

but looks like your analysis is much more comprehensive.

The one thing that might be worth adding are the various expensive weapons and gear items you can steal early on via effective use of sparkcrackers etc (scordeo's trophy, devil of caroc breastplate, red hand arquebus, etc.) 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Good thread. I had tried to put a similar list together a while back in this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101096-how-many-quests-can-be-resolved-without-combat/

but looks like your analysis is much more comprehensive.

The one thing that might be worth adding are the various expensive weapons and gear items you can steal early on via effective use of sparkcrackers etc (scordeo's trophy, devil of caroc breastplate, red hand arquebus, etc.) 

Yeah that is why i linked the thread "strong early gear" because i reckon most stuff will show up there eventually =)

Very good guide!

Made it to level 19 (Solo POTD) without ever engaging in a (character) fight. I did fight with the ship though. After that I probably could have made it to level 20 by visiting all the islands not included in quest and farming traps for XP or something, but it got quite hard to find any experience so I quit. Was quite enjoyable actually.

Thanx for the tips!

• Like 1

Very good guide!

Made it to level 19 (Solo POTD) without ever engaging in a (character) fight. I did fight with the ship though. After that I probably could have made it to level 20 by visiting all the islands not included in quest and farming traps for XP or something, but it got quite hard to find any experience so I quit. Was quite enjoyable actually.

Thanx for the tips!

Thanks! Any suggestions I can add to the guide would be much appreciated! I try to focus on quests and experience that do not require you to use scroll of withdrawal, very high stealth or invisibility tho.