How to check what I answered to Berath mid-game?

I do have Hylea's Bounty in the inventory (asked for her assistance in PoEI), but

the soul piece (after Ashen Maw) said that I had returned the souls to the Wheel.

When I load my PoE1 save that ended with returning the souls to the wheel, I can choose a different end. Or at least I can tell Berath and she believes it, because

she says that "there will be time to deal with it later"

berath.png

I kept my vow but told her that I didn't. So, does the game allow us to change our mind? Or is this a bug and it is not reflected later?

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

When I load my PoE1 save that ended with returning the souls to the wheel, I can choose a different end. Or at least I can tell Berath and she believes it, because

she says that "there will be time to deal with it later"

berath.png

I kept my vow but told her that I didn't. So, does the game allow us to change our mind? Or is this a bug and it is not reflected later?

I guess, the final save happens before you make this choice, thus it cannot be imported and must be stated after starting a new game.

• Like 3

How to check what I answered to Berath mid-game?

I do have Hylea's Bounty in the inventory (asked for her assistance in PoEI), but

the soul piece (after Ashen Maw) said that I had returned the souls to the Wheel.

This is a known bug - I got the same - it's been reported, though I don't think it affects anything later in Deadfire.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Yeah, when I saw the option to state what you did with the souls, the way it was phrased I didn't think it was being asked in character at all (it was the narrator asking you, not Berath, and she states what pacts you had made first almost like she is going over your choice for you to help remind you of your choice). Same sort of thing happened with Mass Effect if you remember, the save at the end of the first game occurs before the councillor choice so you can choose whether it is Udina or Anderson in the space taxi talk.

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams