I saw this suggested by Kaylon in a different thread but i couldnt find a thread created for this topic yet so i thought id take the liberty, its a great idea.

Rubies:

Ruby x3: Locked Chest in the room where Ernezzo keeps the drowners lung (Delvers Row)

Ruby x6 inside Sarcophagus in the small room next to Giant Grub boss during "The Cornett's Call" quest. (Old City)

Crookspur dungeons, closet by the door to the caverns: ?x Ruby (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Rathun (the fire giants) seem to often carry rubies (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Sapphires:

Sapphire x1: Marihi's Metalwork locked small chest on table (Periki's Overlook)

Sapphire x2 Locked Chest inside Arkemyr's Vault (Periki's Overlook)

Sapphire x1: Together with the unique stiletto (Azure something) in the Hanging Sepulchers below Sacred Stairs (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Magma dragon's hoard: 1x Emerald, 1x Sapphire, 1x Adra Ban (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest somewhere to the east: ~1x Sapphire (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Emeralds:

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest by the beds: 3x Emerald (credit omgFIREBALLS)

Magma dragon's hoard: 1x Emerald, 1x Sapphire, 1x Adra Ban (credit omgFIREBALLS)

x1 Emerald in trapped hidden cupboard behind bar in Kings coffin Dunnage (Credit delgrodel) (Perception check of ~19)

x1 Emerald in Sayuka inside a locked chest rank 7, inside Fleet Master's Office

X1 Emerald inside Arkemyr's Vault

x1 Emerald in the locked and trapped chest behind Mad Morena in the Undercroft

Adra Bans:

Poko Kohara, Engwithan Titan: ~1x Adra Ban (credit omgFIREBALLS)

x1 Adra Ban from Mad Morena area, it was either pickpocketed from Morena herself or inside one of her locked chests.

Adra Bans possible drop from Sand Blights (Credit Thundercleese)

Random High-Tier Gems:

Sleight of Hand check 5 on Mad Morena for a high tier Gem.

Random gem inside an armoire in Crookspur Sea Cave.

Random gem in the treasure chamber of Ori o Koiki, in the chest furthest from Ruasere 

Random Gem in Sleight of hand check on Drunken Guard to the right of Ernezzo in Delver's Row.

Worth Mentioning:

Bloatbelly Eel (needed for a Pukestabber upgrade) spawns in the table on the second floor of The Wild Mare. All other sources seem RNG. (Credit Ophiuchus)

Lesser gems can be bought from the Treasure trove in Dunnage and also from a merchant near the southern exit in Serpents Crown. (Im sure there are others as well)

Monster parts can be bought from the Dark Cupord and the Alchemy Shop right next to it in Periki's Overwatch. To refresh merchants inventory simply wait 24h.

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sapphire x1: Together with the unique stiletto (Azure something) in the Hanging Sepulchers

Ruby x1: Pickpocketed off the RDC guard explaining Rauatai culture to a huana outside the entrance to the Brass Citadel, IDK if guaranteed

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Subbing.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I did Poko Kohara today and in the desert outside I looted myself some precious Adra Ban. Probably some from the titan, but not only. The scarabs, perhaps. Not sure, but I can say I would not leave anything there alive at least. ^^

Furthermore, I've been taking some screenshots so I have a bit to add!

Magma dragon's hoard: 1x Emerald, 1x Sapphire, 1x Adra Ban

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest somewhere to the east: 1x Sapphire (some amount at least)

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest by the beds: 3x Emerald

Poko Kohara, Engwithan Titan: 1x Adra Ban (had screenshot)

Crookspur dungeons, closet by the door to the caverns: ?x Ruby, blame sloppy screenshotting

Rathun (the fire giants) seem to often carry rubies BTW.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods

I did Poko Kohara today and in the desert outside I looted myself some precious Adra Ban. Probably some from the titan, but not only. The scarabs, perhaps. Not sure, but I can say I would not leave anything there alive at least. ^^

Furthermore, I've been taking some screenshots so I have a bit to add!

Magma dragon's hoard: 1x Emerald, 1x Sapphire, 1x Adra Ban

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest somewhere to the east: 1x Sapphire (some amount at least)

Drowned Barrows, upper floor, chest by the beds: 3x Emerald

Poko Kohara, Engwithan Titan: 1x Adra Ban (had screenshot)

Crookspur dungeons, closet by the door to the caverns: ?x Ruby, blame sloppy screenshotting

Rathun (the fire giants) seem to often carry rubies BTW.

Very nice work thank you!

Pretty sure I got 2 Adra Bans off the Titan at Poko Kohara.

Could be random?  Or maybe because I had level-scaling on and was significantly overleveled for the area (13-14)?

That's an evil thing to be random. Looking at the screenshot I can't directly say what level my party is but judging from their health (around 400 each) it should be pretty damn high, and level scaling was on. It's possible the titan itself drops one and one of its helpers another and you got them both with AoE loot.

I think they might be random off scarab beetles.

Edit: Actually my party is at least level 19 in this screenshot :p

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods

The only place I've ever seen primal water drop is the sirens at Sentinel Hill https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Burning_Shoals . Locations where it can be pickpocketed off of others or are in locked containers will have to be confirmed by others though.

Thanks =) Primal water can be bought from the merchant in the dark cupord and also from the merchant in the alchemy shop next to dark cupord =)

• Like 1

Two Adra Ban in the room you open with the Champion's Medallion at the Engwithan Digsite on the starter island. In case anyone considered skipping that :D

My Deadfire mods

:( I killed it less than two hours ago and got it.

My Deadfire mods

• 2 weeks later...

Just got one adra ban from the sand blight fight at the eastern exit to poko kohara ruins, pretty sure it was the greater blight that dropped it.

Edit: Just got another adra ban from the sand blights on the western side of the map (in the slog zone). Again, fairly certain it was from the greater blight. Could be safe to say its a guaranteed drop from them?

Edit 2: Two from the engwithan colossus.

Edited by thundercleese

I'd like to know if people have a good source for Vithrak Brains. They show up randomly in herb shop suppliers but I don't know of any reliable locations and they're the reagent I'm missing most frequently.

Yeah there aren't many vithracks to kill in this game, but like u said they are purchasable, just wait 24h and refresh merchant if u need em

Just got a Ruby from the Flamewalker Vessali fight. Fairly certain it was from the greater flame blight, based on the location of the "corpse" I looted it from. Could be that all greater blights drop high tier gems? Or have a chance to at least. Will keep an eye out for any other greater blights and see what they drop.

Edit: Okay so got another 3 rubies from steel preacher fight. Would appear that the preacher dropped 2 and the third was from the greater flame blight.

Edited by thundercleese

Got two emeralds from Leofwyn in the Amira's Roost ruins (nameable island to the west of Fort Deadlight, same island you get Pukestabber).

Interesting, I wonder if this is a random drop or if I have simply missed it all this time. I will check it out during the day and if I can confirm I will update the OP. Thank you :)