Is it me or do the color selections:

1) appear to have little impact on your appearance?  (specifically, unique armor sets have minimal or no color options and some regular armor pieces have similar issues)

2) appear to be missing some key colors (e.g., incapable of producing a gold color)? 

I have a fairly new monitor/vcard, with recent color calibration, but I feel like POE1 had better color control or something is missing.   Could be sleep deprivation, but I was wondering if I'm alone in my disappointment with coloring armor and the complete inability to color weapons.

For the record, I still think you should be able to dye any weapon (including effects: flame, ice, poison, etc.) or armor (not just the shirt arms and legs)... after all, it is our game :)

I'd take this upgrade over a bunch of scalawags...  just saying.  

• Like 2

The Breastplates, Brigandines, and Paddeds are meant to be the 'fashion' choices of their armor tiers. Generally, you'll see a lot of color reactivity on these, albeit usually on the nonmetal parts.  Everything else, much less so. 

Certainly I've found that weapons don't change color, except some uniques look different. 

• Like 1

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Is it me or do the color selections:

1) appear to have little impact on your appearance?  (specifically, unique armor sets have minimal or no color options and some regular armor pieces have similar issues)

2) appear to be missing some key colors (e.g., incapable of producing a gold color)? 

I have a fairly new monitor/vcard, with recent color calibration, but I feel like POE1 had better color control or something is missing.   Could be sleep deprivation, but I was wondering if I'm alone in my disappointment with coloring armor and the complete inability to color weapons.

For the record, I still think you should be able to dye any weapon (including effects: flame, ice, poison, etc.) or armor (not just the shirt arms and legs)... after all, it is our game :)

I'd take this upgrade over a bunch of scalawags...  just saying.  

This is no different from POE1.  Unique armors and capes/cloaks always seemed to have fixed colors schemes.  I have no problem with this at all.

There are small tweaks I'd rather see.  For example, the Queen of Nekataka has a very nice outfit that you can acquire.  But sadly, it's only non-enchantable clothing.  Id' rather that it was either considered an enchanted Robe.  It's far too beautiful to go to waste as mere clothing.

Also, I'd like to see clothing like the Valian clothes that Ydwin wears when you first meet her be made into a VERY stylish form of padded armor.  And possibly a long coat that's either classified as a robe or a cloak.  I think that that sort of coat would fit into the environment of Eora.