I recorded video with my proof of concept Solo AOE Spell-blade build, it's not ready yet because I wait for next patch and afraid of further nerfs, but it's look very promising, 

I can't use Abracham for this character, because of that I picked light armor, but of-course this build needed heavy armor

https://youtu.be/sqIn_99dOs4

Fun starts from 2:30

The build concept: Street-fighter passives + Crippling Strike + Wizard Pull of Eora + Wizard Spirit Lance + Wizard Citzal's Martial Power
If I can hit INT cap (35) , then Wizard Citzal's Martial Power will has duration ~ 82sec, with empower you can cast it 2 time, i.e you can continue battle around 160 sec,
To warm up your spell blade guy you need ~20 sec, to do this, we can summon Sirena/Phantom and go to invise, after warm up your deflection will be around 130, 140 constitution, 180 reflex and 150 Will
Your accuracy will be around 130 - 140 with skill and 110 - 115 without skill
With heavy armor you will hit 18AR, this value will help your survive PotD penetration
Painted Plate give you stun relation
Abracham + Street fighter + You can use scordeo for further warm up will reduce your recovery time to 1 - 1.2 sec, go to bloodier state and destroy everyone
I assume for bosses fight you can take staff that leach health on hit

This fight done with Deadly Deadfire mode, if you played only on PotD this will be much easier
When enemies miss you, you  do AOE riposte and again hit everyone, with MAX int, this will usually all guys near you 
Each AOE hit produce, 20% raw damage
All afflictions applied also on AOE

Don't forget that this build support VERY defensive play style with shield + minor blights, maybe that combination even stronger than Pike. Bligts also has +20 hidden bonus to accuracy

https://youtu.be/ToKZnOSDRow

Checkout bligts damage and get ready for nerfs :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Nah man I don't think that calls for a nerf. That's a bloodied streetfighter critting with tons and tons of dmg modifiers.

But +100% To Crit, +50% to Flanked, +50% Recovery time is insane damage bonus, you can't balance such big values with near death mechanics. Or obsidian should buff other damage bonuses, for example +30% to crit from passive, +30% For 2H weapon etc... I can't understand why in game exists barbarian frenzy, that give you -10 deflection and +5 to constitution and strength and GODLIKE PASSIVE for street-fighter which with single flanked debuff give you +50% recover + 50% damage

In a group you don't need that many defenses.  Have another character play Paladin/Rogue, have him teleport next to you, and use Lay of Hands (you can't die for 10 seconds) ability.

This is only concept, If I made this build, then it will be 100% for solo PotD + DD maybe Hardcore DD

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 3

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I assume that street-fighter is the most funny multi-martial-class in the game now, just take it and watch how enemies die

While more street-fighter testing I come with next funny dialog in my head

Game designer 1: Ok, let's add passive that give you +15% damage bonus for 2H for all classes
Developer 2: Added 
Game designer 1: Ok, let's add active paladin skill that give you additional 25% to damage, 

Game designer 1: Ok, according to calculation there remains +153% Damage bonus that we can distribute between other classes...., but we already give them +15% to 2H damage, +25% to Active skills, ... maybe we can create amulet that give additional 3% damage for all party 
Game designer 1:  Hmm, still remain 150% to damage, where we can put them ? ... Now help game designer to put remains 150%

a) Give 50% damage to barbarian (non berserker subclass) frenzy
b) Spread 100% between ranger abilities (and move some accuracy bonuses to other classes), add bonus to druid feral form
c) Increase all 2H weapon damage 
d) Nerf all recovery items and add this value to +150% damage bonus, and give all this bonuses to single class :D  

Edited by mant2si

Kalakoth's Minor Blights would be my no. 1 choice with the brawling small shield: speed of dual wielding with AoE attacks, defenses of a shield, afflictons in an AoE and lots of damage per hit as well. The +20 ACC is actually the best part of Minor Blights. And it also cycles damage types. It's really good. No Riposte though.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Kalakoth's Minor Blights would be my no. 1 choice with the brawling small shield: speed of dual wielding with AoE attacks, defenses of a shield, afflictons in an AoE and lots of damage per hit as well. The +20 ACC is actually the best part of Minor Blights. And it also cycles damage types. It's really good. No Riposte though.

Yes, you right :D Kalakoth's Minor Blights + Small monk shield (Tuotilo's Palm)  and Riposte as bonus, who else want 100DM+ AOE riposte build enjoy,  free DW recover, free shield deflection, free 1H accuracy

Edited by mant2si

Would you multi such a build always with a rogue (streetfighter) or would it be better to go wizard/monk to exploit duality of mortal presence for bigger AOE?

Would you multi such a build always with a rogue (streetfighter) or would it be better to go wizard/monk to exploit duality of mortal presence for bigger AOE?

Only street-fighter, because of insane damage passive, 35 int you can hit without mortal presence

Since INT doesn't have such a big impact on circular AoEs anymore I would indeed say that rogue is better because of Sneak Attack and the many afflcitions and DoT effects he can apply. Especially Streetfighter is nice because of the easy to get +50% attack speed.

ALso the monk doesn't start with 10 wounds - so the +10 INT is the best case - not the norm.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Only street-fighter, because of insane damage passive, 35 int you can hit without mortal presence

Since INT doesn't have such a big impact on circular AoEs anymore I would indeed say that rogue is better because of Sneak Attack and the many afflcitions and DoT effects he can apply. Especially Streetfighter is nice because of the easy to get +50% attack speed.

ALso the monk doesn't start with 10 wounds - so the +10 INT is the best case - not the norm.

Thank you. It's just that I imagined the guy in question as inherently midrange or ranged for some reason, and then it looked boring/not fun to me to click every time on the blunderbuss modal to activate the attack speed bonus from a distance.  -_-

P.S. Do you know if there is some "not overly baroque way" of activating "heated up" on a ranged character other than firing with the blunderbuss modal on ?

Edited by peolone

Stand inside Chill Fog spell radius?

Due to how the Streetfighter recovery bonus works, you supposedly still get like 30% reduced Recovery, even after Blindness. Even better if you have Perception resistance (there's a starting hat for that), you downgrade the effect to Distracted and get the full bonus (well, your Perception/ACC is at -5, but definitely worth it).

The easiest way (and also the one that comes with the least debuffs - besides getting pummeled) is to get flanked by enemies. ;)

A Wizard/Streetfighter with a shield, Weapon & Shield style and Mirrored Image etc. can reach very high deflection very early. It's not so hard to survive getting flanked then and trigger "Heating Up".

With Tuotilo's Palm you would even get the bonus of two weapon style - but I suppose (didn't test) that this setup leads to a situation that you will only attack with the shield in melee and the Blights get ignored (being ranged)...? Don't know. If not then Tuotilo's Palm is the no. 1 option for me with Blights. Superhigh attack speed, high deflection - perfect. Only needs some healing source and it's a nigh perfect build.

You can also go Wizard/Monk - the shield has some nice enchantments for monks specifically - and Lightning Strikes with Blights is cool (slower than Heating Up - but gets an AoE lash). The real deal is Stunning Surge though: Since you hit a lot of enemies at once (and stun them all) you also crit a lot. I would end up getting more Mortification back than I spend (not possible - it's capped - but I regain all of the cost every time) with Stunning Surge + Wahai Poraga on Xoti (Monk) and keep foes stunned endlessly. This should be the same with Blights. I guess this is even better than wizard/rogue - but Stunning Surge comes a lot later so I suppose Wizard/Streetfighter is more fun early on.

Edit: just tested the Palm in melee with Blights: it then only attacks with the bash and not the Blights. You have to be out of melee range - so a bummer with Blights if you want to get into melee. A normal shield would work better in this case. And then the Streetfighter might again be better since his speed bonus is higher than the monk's. The rest works as I expected (endless stunning with a monk and a ton of Dor-afflictions with the rogue).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Even better: Wizard/Monk with Citzal's Spirit Lance + Flagellant's Path. AoE Full Attack on every enemy in my path. Bonus points for casting Combusting Wounds first... :lol:

Edit: works with Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming. ;)

Edit2: also Minor Blights + Palm shield + Flagellant's Path will do Full Attacks on everybody in line. Here even Swift FLurry works. I don't know why but it seems that the shield somhow circumvents the restriction for ranged weapons not triggering Swift Flurry.

So - with a Wizard/Monk you can start with Minor Blights (+shield) and focus on Stunning Shots first - then later add Stunning Surge and Flagellant's Path and even later Citzal's Spirit Lance. Also take Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming. Very nice AoE CC/dmg build.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Even better: Wizard/Monk with Citzal's Spirit Lance + Flagellant's Path. AoE Full Attack on every enemy in my path. Bonus points for casting Combusting Wounds first... :lol:

They already nerf full attack and rooting pain, and accuracy for blights in 1.2, you will end with weaker build than streetfighter + you will lose 50% recovery time, rogue afflictions

At third you can't relay on int bonus from monk, you don't has it from fight start, only with monk that used drugs

Edited by mant2si

Thes buffed deleterious of motion, it now give you +15% action speed, so you have same speed as a monk, minor lightning lash and with a dot.

I didn't' understand that sentence, did they nerf streetfighter as well ? Or you can get +50% recovery time from monk abilities ?

Edited by mant2si

I mean wizard can have the same speed bonus that a monk with the deleterious spell, so with a streetfighter spellblade you can have the +5dex +15% action speed. But you don't have the lighting lash of the monk ability.

Edit2: also Minor Blights + Palm shield + Flagellant's Path will do Full Attacks on everybody in line. Here even Swift FLurry works. I don't know why but it seems that the shield somhow circumvents the restriction for ranged weapons not triggering Swift Flurry.

So - with a Wizard/Monk you can start with Minor Blights (+shield) and focus on Stunning Shots first - then later add Stunning Surge and Flagellant's Path and even later Citzal's Spirit Lance. Also take Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming. Very nice AoE CC/dmg build.

Did u test this? I tried a monk with the Lance and it did not seem to trigger swift flurry on crits. Maybe only on primary target crits?

However the Lance's explosive radius does generate focus. So maybe the blast radius on the Lance is considered ranged?

Edit: I tested this again this time with super bloated hit to crit and accuracy, its quite nasty but it only procs Swift Flurry/Heartbeat/Enervating blows on the primary target. (Alltho ofc those procs will generate an AoE), it just cannot chain like the Halberd can

Edited by Dorftek

I mean wizard can have the same speed bonus that a monk with the deleterious spell, so with a streetfighter spellblade you can have the +5dex +15% action speed. But you don't have the lighting lash of the monk ability.

Streetfighter give you +50% to recovery time, It is x3.3 time more than +15% from monk 

Edited by mant2si

The good thing is Flagellant's Path + AoE attack on every enemy you pass - not the +15% attack speed. Also the endless stunlockig of groups with Stunning Surge is very,very good.

But as I already said: the Wizard/Streetfighter combo with summoned weapons like Minor Blights is awesome right from the start while the Wizard/Monk needs more levels.