But Firearms have no Recovery....

Yeah, that's true, but all the bonuses to recovery speed from Dex, drugs, items, potions, spells, etc. - are applied to the reload speed, so does the bonus from Ila chant, so you really have 40% total bonus, just check it out. I think that's not the bug, but the feature of reload mechanics making the chanter one of the best shooters with firearms or other reloads in the game

Yeah, that's true, but all the bonuses to recovery speed from Dex, drugs, items, potions, spells, etc. - are applied to the reload speed, so does the bonus from Ila chant, so you really have 40% total bonus, just check it out. I think that's not the bug, but the feature of reload mechanics making the chanter one of the best shooters with firearms or other reloads in the game

Are you doing this with a group or solo?

Are you doing this with a group or solo?

Group, PoTD, no difficulty mods. I do not play solo, so can't say if it is suitable for it.

Party Watcher(Ascendant/Troubadour), Eder(Swashbuckler with pistols) Xoti-priest Tekehu-druid and a Herald(Paladin/Troubadour)

The thing is to use summons to distract enemies, while shooting, that seems a versatile tactic against all the enemies types, and does not require any particular equipment, although Red Hand is one of the best choices.

Previous playthrough I used almost the same party, but the Watcher was Trickster/Troubadour. I came to the Spider-Megaboss before starting SSS dlc and killed her at first try, no deaths.

It is possible to multiclass Troubadour/Any military class plus Cipher, that's why I like it

I found Gold Pact/Ghost Heart with DW pistols is very cool combo, good attack speed because of Pistol modal and Scordeo's passive, good accuracy because of Ranger passives, good defenses because of paladin passives and new range ability. Stylish look - DW pistols with full armor and Flames of Devotion - less micro, good auto attack (especially with Eccea's Arcane Blaster and Scordeo's Trophy)

This class combination even viable for solo

What stats did you try?

Edited by diamondsforever

I found Gold Pact/Ghost Heart with DW pistols is very cool combo, good attack speed because of Pistol modal and Scordeo's passive, good accuracy because of Ranger passives, good defenses because of paladin passives and new range ability. Stylish look - DW pistols with full armor and Flames of Devotion - less micro, good auto attack (especially with Eccea's Arcane Blaster and Scordeo's Trophy)

What stats did you try?

With Berath's Blessings:

Might 16

Con 10

Dex 16

Per 20 (17+2+ 1 from background)

Int 18, for summon duration

Res 10

But, I think it is viable to dump a bit Might and power Dex, as it is more useful in terms of the quick summoning

What stats did you try?

With Berath's Blessings:

Might 16

Con 10

Dex 16

Res 10

But, I think it is viable to dump a bit Might and power Dex, as it is more useful in terms of the quick summoning

Oh, guys, I'm totally sorry, I made such a stupid mistake. I thought, that was a question for me. Please, forgive me(

Edited by Gregorovich

What stats did you try?

With Berath's Blessings:

Might 16

Con 10

Dex 16

Res 10

Oh, guys, I'm totally sorry, I made such a stupid mistake. I thought, that was a question for me. Please, forgive me(

No worries dude. Probably around the same setup u/ mant2si used. Though I am still curious. I’d played a ranged character before but it was so damn squishy. This looks like the play style I love. My only question is how it does vs. BOW dragon or fampyrs? I like the idea of a hard hitting tank who totes pistols. Sounds like a good time :)

What stats did you try?
With Berath's Blessings:

Might 16

Con 10

Dex 16

Res 10

No worries dude. Probably around the same setup u/ mant2si used. Though I am still curious. I’d played a ranged character before but it was so damn squishy. This looks like the play style I love. My only question is how it does vs. BOW dragon or fampyrs? I like the idea of a hard hitting tank who totes pistols. Sounds like a good time :)

If you ask about Trickster/Troubadour - it deals absolutely well. If I understood it right, enemy AI usually concentrate on the targets which attack them. So fampyrs cast most of their spells on your summons, while your party is safe, so the right positioning is the best option. But you have to cast new summons before the old ones disappear in order to keep the enenmies away from your party. Plus if you use Summoned Weapons (bow, spear and sword from 7th PL) you'll find out, that they are good damage-dealers able to kill priests/wizards/druids.

I also managed to kill BOW dragon easily. The most fun thing is that the dragon may cast its healing Concelhaut spells on your summons, you resummon and it's heal just disappears.

Plus that's a good way to kill the Megaboss Spider)

I found Gold Pact/Ghost Heart with DW pistols is very cool combo, good attack speed because of Pistol modal and Scordeo's passive, good accuracy because of Ranger passives, good defenses because of paladin passives and new range ability. Stylish look - DW pistols with full armor and Flames of Devotion - less micro, good auto attack (especially with Eccea's Arcane Blaster and Scordeo's Trophy)

Thanks; I will try this sometime in the near future. It's up there with Paladin/Rogue builds as a mid-line Paladin build to explore. (I've only been using reach weapons for mid-line builds, but I think reach weapons generally are far less efficient than gun builds on a mid-line Paladin.)

Yes but speed bonuses that are designated to recovery also get applied to reload. That is why it has doubled up.

Yes it is a clear 100% bug. I can prove it is a bug because only ranged weapons with reload get the 40% bonus. Bows, sceptres, rods ect only get 20%

• Like 1

Yes but speed bonuses that are designated to recovery also get applied to reload. That is why it has doubled up.

Yes it is a clear 100% bug. I can prove it is a bug because only ranged weapons with reload get the 40% bonus. Bows, sceptres, rods ect only get 20%

Good find actually. Did you file a bug report?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There is a cool mod at nexus called the class project mod. It change some class and give new subclasses. For ranger one i play acrobat(rogue subclass)+ranger(new guaridan class) - in my opinion it's realy nice and not overpowered, so most of the encounter are quite fun and challenging.