Magistrate's Cudgel - how to get +12 resolve right off the bat

I'm planning a very low resolve character solo build, and I'm wondering how hard it will be for my character to reach the resolve required to pick up the Magistrate's Cudgel.

Off the top of my head, you need 15 resolve to pick it up. Since our character will start with 3, we're going to need quite the leap.

I've just started a solo run, checking the waters so to speak. Here's how it looks like right now (level 4, just started)

3 Resolve (Base)

+1 Cloak of the Theocrat (random loot cape from the burial site next to Port Maje)

+1 Boots of the Stone (from well travelled vendor)

+2 Rice Wine (rest: from vendor & random loot)

+2 Rabyuna's Boon (300g from the Wild Mare, remember to rest with Rice Wine before you go visit her)

= 9

We need 6 more resolve. 2 of those can come from Berath's Blessings.

As far as I know Ripple Sponge gives 3 resolve plus an unspecified bonus per alchemy level. So this means we need 4 alchemy. What I don't know is whether the character sheet rounds up or down for the purpose of this check. Just to be safe, get to 4 alchemy and bring a belt with +1/+2 on it.

...and there you go, enjoy your cudgel on your low resolve build.

• Like 1

What class? Because some can buff themselves with a resolve inspiration/direct buff. I don't know if this can be carries over to the stat check though...

Most if not all inspirations and buffs are only available in combat. Not sure if it's still true on 1.1, but back in 1.0 I couldn't use them to get past this check and had to rely on Ripple Sponge.

It's for a single class Fighter (unbroken) btw. I'm still working on those little details like this one, but the build is shaping up nicely :)

not trying to be a wanker but why dump resolve if you are making an unbroken?

Because it what works best for single class fighter tanks.

The idea that applies to all single class fighters at high level is, you want to be critted as much as possible so you can regen as much discipline as possible through Toughened Fury and trigger as much "on being crit" procs as possible while you heal up all damage instantly through Unbending.

The problem is getting critted reliably enough, and for that we have to completely dump resolve and deflection. And more.

edit: also the character won't be using a shield. I only take Unbroken for the extra engagement giving additional damage action speed and recovery speed through mob stance, reckless brigandine etc.

Edited by Esajin