Where are Valeros's cards?

Galgano

Question

So I'm playing through the Valeros scenario. And I'm completing each scenario through to legendary before I proceed to the next one. I'm getting the rewards (gold, chest, etc.) but when I complete the legendary difficulty for the level, things get weird. I get the 10,000 gold and the treasure card shows up saying I've unlocked it, but it just goes away when I hit okay. Is it supposed to go to Valeros's deck pool like the cards in B adventure scenarios? Or are they like legendary adventure completion cards and they only go into the pool of collectable cards?

Edited by Galgano

6 answers to this question

Is it supposed to go to Valeros's deck pool like the cards in B adventure scenarios? Or are they like legendary adventure completion cards and they only go into the pool of collectable cards?

Unfortunately, neither. If I remember correctly, you can only access these cards during the creation of new Valeros character after you unlock them. If you start a new Valeros character, preferably in a new party, and click Manage Deck before playing the first scenario, you will have a new Tab in the menu below (along with Unclaimed and Stash). You can use Stash to bring them to any Valeros, though. All of them are 'repair' cards worth 0 gold.

Theoretically, you might be able to show these when repairing your deck and not having enough boons of the correct type in the Stash or Unclaimed tabs.

So, get a new Valeros and transfer all the boons you like to another, levelled Valeros.

Also, kudos for you for completing the Legendary scenarios, it took me many tries to finish some of them (The Muscles and Kobolds are the worst, Aberrations easiest with some good casters).

For me, the hardest part isn't the combat or the rolls, it's the banishing/burying of cards. If I don't have a constant supply of throwaway cards, then I have to forfeit the scenario. There's no way I'm banishing my spear that reduces difficulty when used. On another note, are the cards only obtainable for one valeros period? Such that, if I take the treasures and delete the character, I'll never be able to obtain them again?

I suppose they will be always available to any new Valeros character - I never tried it, but for testing purposes I created Goblin_Valeros for Rise of the Goblins double-adventure and standard Valeros for Rise of the Runelords. In both cases, Valeros 'loot' cards were available.

For me, the bad thing were some of the rolls in the Barroom brawl with The Muscles (not a Combat check, but Strength - and me having no Blessings of Torag, few of Cayden Cailean). But mostly, it was the 30turn clockdown.

I suppose they will be always available to any new Valeros character - I never tried it, but for testing purposes I created Goblin_Valeros for Rise of the Goblins double-adventure and standard Valeros for Rise of the Runelords. In both cases, Valeros 'loot' cards were available.

For me, the bad thing were some of the rolls in the Barroom brawl with The Muscles (not a Combat check, but Strength - and me having no Blessings of Torag, few of Cayden Cailean). But mostly, it was the 30turn clockdown.

Same, that round is so brutal. and to top things off, the scenario effect gets down right nasty while the check to beat the muscle gets crazy.

I had to train up an extra party member just to beat hard, i'm scared of how bad nightmare'll be.

Same, that round is so brutal. and to top things off, the scenario effect gets down right nasty while the check to beat the muscle gets crazy.

I had to train up an extra party member just to beat hard, i'm scared of how bad nightmare'll be.

I don't know how many times I tried that particular scenario (always lost due to time), but you may try only 2 characters - fully levelled-up Valeros and Seelah with Iomedae-shuffling power, spell-recharging for her Crusade power, deck full of Blessings/Favors of Iomedae and several Greater Aid spells. The key here is Seelah, obviously, and her ability to withstand almost anything with recharging/shuffling of the crucial cards. In the end, I had a deck consisting only of spells and most of the blessings. :-D