What class are you? I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect static thunder, the barbarian specific upgrade of the weapon, but does affect static charge. The description for all versions specifies that it affects only enemies, so I think this is a bug.

It's very easy to fix in your game files, though. Open your game install folder and go to PillarsofEternityII_Data/exported/design/gamedata then open attacks.gamedatabundle in a text editor. Search for"static" (no quotes). Under the first entry you find, something like "coursair's voulge static charge", look for "AffectedTargetType":"All" and change "All" to "Hostile" (quotes required).

That's a pretty hacky method. It will be changed if a patch changes that file. You could create an override folder and put your modified copy of attacks.gamedatabundle in there, but I don't remember where to create the override folder.

Edited by grasida
  • Like 1

What class are you? I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect static thunder, the barbarian specific upgrade of the weapon, but does affect static charge. The description for all versions specifies that it affects only enemies, so I think this is a bug.

It's very easy to fix in your game files, though. Open your game install folder and go to PillarsofEternityII_Data/exported/design/gamedata then open attacks.gamedatabundle in a text editor. Search for"static" (no quotes). Under the first entry you find, something like "coursair's voulge static charge", look for "AffectedTargetType":"All" and change "All" to "Hostile" (quotes required).

That's a pretty hacky method. It will be changed if a patch changes that file. You could create an override folder and put your modified copy of attacks.gamedatabundle in there, but I don't remember where to create the override folder.

You should be able to see from the screenshot since I gain a wound and have constant recovery ;). It's Monk/Fighter.

Thanks for that tip. I'll check it out. It should only affect hostiles, but it doesn't. I think this needs to be moved to the bug forum.

It should work in any game. I downloaded your file, created an override folder (placed in game folder/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/override) and put your file there. With the file there, the voulge doesn't deal AoE damage to my character, my party or neutrals, but without that file, it does.

So the change you made to the file works. Maybe you should try to put it in the override folder?

• Like 1

It should work in any game. I downloaded your file, created an override folder (placed in game folder/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/override) and put your file there. With the file there, the voulge doesn't deal AoE damage to my character, my party or neutrals, but without that file, it does.

So the change you made to the file works. Maybe you should try to put it in the override folder?

The override folder worked!!! followed this instruction here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97998-info-how-to-structure-mods/ because I did not have an override folder and had to create it.