BattleTech

I don't as I still didn't finished main campaign. I think I am before last mission but i still don't have full lance of assaults and I found only 1 lostech from story mission, can someone confirm there is no more lostech... tech?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Do any of you guys use any mods? I'm thinking of starting another run since I can't wait for DLC

Here's what I'm running:

Add Year to Timeline — self-explanatory

Adjusted Mech Assembly — salvaged mechs are assembled with random parts damaged

Basic Panic System — pilots, both yours and the AI's, can panic when missions go pear shaped, get penalties for it, and can ultimately eject

Better AI — hurr, me no move, me fire (no longer)

Better Juggernaut — brace after punching, the "fire all weapons after punching" variant is cheat-tier IMO, but I won't judge

Commander Portrait Loader — allows you to use custom portraits for your commander and a voice set different from the default onboard AI

Drop Cost per Mech — simulate fuel costs for your DropShip, configurable to be either per ton or fraction of chassis cost (I go raw tons)

Exclusive Filters — QoL UI stuff

Ain't Got Time to Bleed — pilots can drop even when injured, best used in combination with

Injuries Hurt — MechWarriors receive penalties per injury

Jack's Star League Era Markets — adds a chance to find LosTech in relevant planets, it's highway robbery though

Jack's View Distance Increase — view/sensor distances are now based on mech chassis and Tactics skill

Monthly Morale Reset — to justify investing on recreation upgrades and make exploiting morale abilities a bit harder

Unlock Full Map After Obtaining the Argo — self-explanatory, the vanilla travel restriction is dumb

Permanent Evasion — shooting at a target no longer removes evasion pips; optionally configurable to work for Ace Pilots only and/or mech category

Removed Story Difficulty Boosts, Planet Difficulty Variety and Contract Tweaks — the difficulty of contracts offered depends on where you are, not at what point in the campaign

Repair Tonnage — repair costs and times are dependent on tonnage; for example repairing a fully destroyed Atlas takes 60+ days and costs about 3 mil, max upgraded mechbay

Real Hit Chance — don't ****ing tell me I have a 45% shot at getting the HB10's number if it's actually a 33%. My ego can only take so much punishment

Less Head Injuries — random MG rounds chipping your windshield no longer cause a concussion, doesn't affect the chances of AC/20 "BOOM! headshot" ruining your day

Most, if not all of those are configurable to hit your personal sweet spot. They also all require BTML/ModTek. Those are trivial to install, though.

edit: I also changed a handful of lines in CombatGameConstants to have each evasion pip increase hit difficulty by 10% instead of 5%. Speed is life and so on and so forth.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't as I still didn't finished main campaign. I think I am before last mission but i still don't have full lance of assaults and I found only 1 lostech from story mission, can someone confirm there is no more lostech... tech?

There isn't.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

There isn't.

oh crap :/ I guess its time to finish it then

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 4 months later...

I'm curious about RogueTech as well. 

I hope for future expansions, Harebrained will work on eliminating the need of assault mechs. I really hated having to drop with a lance consisting of Highlanders, Atlases, and King Crabs against similar assault mechs.

By far, I had the most fun playing with medium mechs. 

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm a bit annoyed how there is no news about the upcoming(?) DLC except for some screenshots from months ago. Based on what they released so far it didn't seems to be that big in scope, so what's taking so long? Don't want to start up the game again before the new content hits release.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm a bit annoyed how there is no news about the upcoming(?) DLC except for some screenshots from months ago. Based on what they released so far it didn't seems to be that big in scope, so what's taking so long? Don't want to start up the game again before the new content hits release.

I don't know where you've been looking, we know the contents and they made at least one preview video about it.

Edited by Oner

Ok, haven't seen that yet. Last time I checked, there was nothing to be found about it, except the original announcement and a couple screenshots. I'm also blaming you people for not posting it in here. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does anyone use RogueTech mod? 

I kept checking the thread on r/battletechmods a few months ago. They went for ultra-hardcore gameplay and were happy to break lore if they thought gameplay may benefit. Not my cup of tea. They did add a ton of stuff, but from what I understand, beyond the pure roguelike core element, most of it is third party mods, which are available standalone. I'm not sure if they have the ability to add new mission structures, but considering that one of Flashpoint's selling points is a new mission type (not just biome), I'm leaning towards no.

As for DLC, there's Flashpoint (which is underwhelming in scope to me), and there's also the second "Urban Warfare" expansion planned, and an unannounced third pack.

ii_jneqwwim1_16687cff15be1115-780x364.pn

I don't know, I'm not very happy with how they are going about this. It's not just the lame Season Pass thing, it's that they still haven't added all the stuff from the Kickstarter.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone try Flashpoint yet?

I'm not really interested in shelling out another 20$ for a game I backed at a rather high Kickstarter tier. Usually companies have the good grace to include any future DLCs in such tiers. HBS didn't, and that's fine, but at the risk of sounding petty now that Paradox bought them I'm waiting for a high percentage sale.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I've put it on my wishlist for now, as I don't have time to concentrate on it right now anyway.

Earlier today it had a very bad rating on Steam, though, not sure what's up with that one.

• 4 months later...

I suppose this would make my choice in keeping an Urbanmech in my stable...not terrible?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

no point of playing this without rougetech, too bad my PC is almost dead when i mod BT, those unity games have really horrible optimalisation

That looks nice, but didn't they ruined the gameplay with the last dlc? (lots of folks complained at least) Not sure yet if this one will make things better again.

Edited by Lexx

BT_Timeline_Steam.png?t=1556038854

Urban Warfare brings 'Mech combat to the vast cityscapes of the Inner Sphere! Electronic warfare, large-scale building destruction, environmental mechanics, new enemy units and more make the urban sprawl a whole new battlefield.

Urban Warfare
Street brawls introduce new tactical gameplay challenges as ‘Mech combat moves from wide-open natural landscapes to vast urban sprawls. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you’re never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble. Abandoned explosive fuel trucks, destroyed coolant exchanger buildings, and broken electrical transformers that disrupt targeting will drastically change the battle as you go.

Electronic Warfare
The return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. ‘Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems and immune to indirect fire. Meanwhile, ‘Mechs equipped with Active Probe can reveal, locate, and target enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.

Two New BattleMechs
The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package that combines ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component. The Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.

New Flashpoints

A wide variety of new branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards

Three New Enemy Vehicles

The Gallant Urban Assault Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.

New Encounter
Attack and Defend is a challenging new mission type where your mercenaries must destroy an enemy’s base to stop a steady stream of attackers before they can overcome your forces and knock out your employer’s base.

The third BATTLETECH expansion features a host of new BattleMechs, including several that have been unseen for decades and perhaps a surprise or two…

Third XP due in the winter. HBS already confirmed the Warhammer and Marauder. I'd also really like to see VF-1 Valkyrie Phoenix Hawk.

• Like 1

Don't know how big these flashpoint missions are, but from reading the features, the DLC price feels quite heavy to me.