Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

marelooke

marelooke

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1094 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, Gorth gave the inspiration, so I might as well admit to my problem join in:

character_overview-20190314.jpg

From left to right (oldest to newest, only lvl80 characters included):

1st row:

• Sylvari Daredevil
  • Human Dragonhunter
  • Charr Berserker
  • Sylvari Chronomancer
  • Sylvari Herald
  • Sylvari Scrapper (sPvP) / Holosmith (PvE)
  • Human Necromancer (WvW) / Reaper (PvE)

2nd row:

• Sylvari Weaver
  • Human Mirage
  • Sylvari Scourge
  • Sylvari Spellbreaker
  • Sylvari Druid
  • Sylvari Firebrand

One thing I notice is that while the relative size difference between the races is readily apparent, the size difference between different characters isn't (my Spellbreaker is like a full head taller than my Chronomancer, and I'm pretty sure she's taller than the Human Mirage as well).

I do have Norn and Asura characters, but none of them managed to make it to lvl80 yet (ironic, as my oldest character is an Asura). I was kind of, errr, shocked at my race bias, to be honest.

• Gorth and IndiraLightfoot like this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts

You have to give it to the Sylvari, they make for some incredibly illustrious and colorful characters with a bit of care.

• marelooke likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9114 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks, Cheat Engine people. Any chr in any mission (cutscenes excluded ofc). So I was able to play with the panther a bit before I even reached that point in the game. More fun than practicing in "the Void".

DMC5-00008a.jpg

DMC5-00007a.jpg

DMC5-00010a.jpg

• Gorth and sorophx like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9114 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Finally got around to doing the FFXV - FFXIV collaboration quest - Garuda boss and summon. The mission was kind of boring (and leads to new gear you have to grind for, meh, plus silly bro outfits, double-meh) but I like the garuda wing design.

Ansel-00025448a.jpg

Ansel-00025450b.jpg

Ansel-00025451a.jpg

• sorophx likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3301 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It looks pretty even though I have no idea what I'm looking at or what is going on

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9114 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

It looks pretty even though I have no idea what I'm looking at or what is going on

I play the game and I still have no idea what is going on.

But one is a Summon, which is something that randomly prompts in combat (or is scripted to occur), different ones do different attacks, all have flashy animations. The interesting thing (to me) is how little of it they actually show you vs. what you can see while using Ansel. I mean I know it's cherry picked for dramatic effect and all but I still wish they showed more. It's like how dance in movies used to show more of the full body, following dancer around, and now they just show you and arm or leg or flash on a movement for 1 second.

(Skip to 30 seconds if you want)

Edited by LadyCrimson, Yesterday, 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users