Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts

Guild Wars 2... I love the desert maps. Well, most of them anyway. The Elon river valley and estuary area is gorgeous in-game. My little Asura engineer gliding upstream on his skimmer mount (effectively a "hovercraft")

2i6ucZF.jpg

• Oner, sorophx, Katphood and 1 other like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9343 posts

rqOliVy.jpg

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Mrs Fortune smiled at me this evening! Within minutes, I ran into two menagerie goblins, so I have now had the opportunity to take two more pets for a spin:

Phantom Hannah:

TdZ6yI.jpg

ePNkyH.jpg

-It has this disproportional left arm movement swiping over and over, like certain enemy ghosts, and this repeats itself in a short loop that got under my skin pretty quickly

-It hovers pretty neatly, but it's hard to make out most of the time. You got those brass shoulder pads and an odd headpiece tagging along, crowning a blue glowing torn sheet, which is unassuming

-It's slightly better than the Malfeasant Ghost, but that's just by a hair!

The One That Can't Be Mentioned:

iweeAq.jpg

Djx5Tv.jpg

-Well, it's a cow, but it's like one hundred times better than the Darkening of Tristam cow, the Cow Queen!

-Yet another pet that moves like an NPC, and it moves almost the same as the Lady Sheep pet.

-Instead of charging with a sword, it's sorta rallying my character by waving her weird spear

-It's easier to see and even more colourful, literally and figuratively, than the Lady Sheep

-Personally, I rank this, currently, as my no 4, just after the very neat Pierce Horsey

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, 15 February 2019 - 02:08 PM.

• Hurlshot likes this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I have acquired two new pet acquaintances, and they are at both ends of my appreciation spectrum!

The first new one is Charlotte the spider:

oD91fU.jpg

J3grFG.jpg

-It moves just as bad as the Mini-Azmodan pet

-And it gets stuck everywhere, and it also has a problem of keeping up, especially when I teleport.

-It's a spider. Blargh! But it looks good in all its arachnid grandeur, even though its dark colour makes it hard to see, despite its shimmering outline

-I'd rate this just below mini-Azmodan on my previous list

The second new one is Lamb, the eager squire boy:

FEPh85.jpg

Here you see Lamb landing the killing blow onto Malthael at Tier XIII. Not bad, my son! Not bad at all, says Templar Dad.

qL8ATf.jpg

-This is one of those NPC-like pets, and it's been competently programmed

-It moves better than the Cow Queen and the Lady Sheep, and it has both of their best moves: swinging the weapon, rallying with the weapon raised

-It looks beautiful on all maps, and adapts well to all lightning.

-Lamb's relatively impressive stature makes him pretty easy to see

-He runs and keeps up brilliantly, and picks up stuff decently (not like Murkomancer or the Starcraft spaceship, but still)

-I love that I get to have a little nuclear family rocking the rifts like this.

-I rate Lamb as the best pet out of all those I have at this moment in time! :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, 21 February 2019 - 12:35 PM.

• sorophx likes this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9343 posts

aqE8rdf.png

marelooke

marelooke

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Not bad for a 7 year old game...
72850_20190221030105_1.png

72850_20190221034429_1.png

72850_20190221035312_1.png

72850_20190221140136_1.png

Edited by marelooke, 21 February 2019 - 02:20 PM.

• sorophx, IndiraLightfoot, the_dog_days and 1 other like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9112 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

@IndiraLightfoot - half formed golem still my favorite. The tiny calf-cow runs just fine on my ps4 version. I mean it looks a little funny because its 4 legs move at comical keystone kop speed but it looks/feels smooth. I wonder if that's a 30ish fps vs. pc-higher fps thing.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3921 posts

BlOps 3 has its moments

Ww-2LpMbgmY.jpg

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I just achieved Guardian during this D3 season (#16), and I had to check, but it's actually the first time I ever gone all the way. I've done seasons up until the stash tab reward and then stopped liek 3 times, so this tab actually made it so that I have 10 tabs in all. Very sweet! :)

I've had some frustrations, obviously, but overall D3 2019 is still lots of fun, viewed as a time-killing machine. Perfect escape when RL issues are a bit too intrusive for my liking.

I've ran three different wizard builds, all of them royal grandeur dependent in various ways. But my last build, a pretty standard fire meteor Tal Rasha variant, will work nicely with a full set as well when the season ends.

There were other firsts as well. I managed to reach lvl 80 Greater Rifts and beyond.

P6rLmF.jpg

Also, when I reached lvl 70 GR, I got my first primal ancient item ever, a semi-decent helm.

And my second primal ancient, my first "natural" primal drop - it happened at Greed's Vault tier XIII, and, amazingly, it was one of the items I actually had on my build. Just wow!

QGtwbc.jpg

As for the Conquests, I managed to solo the 20 min Tier X All Bosses except Vidian in-game thanks to my eternally teleporting wand set-up, but yeah, it was tight. I had 2 minutes to spare, and it was third time's the charm.

One conquest more was the last thing to do on my Guardian chore list, and I picked Tier X Nephalem rift in 2 min, since my very fast wizard build had managed a tier XIII in 3 minutes, I even got some achievement for it being 3 minutes. Still, after hours of trying it solo, I just didn't have any perfect maps, and when I did, I was always 40 seconds short. That meant I had to enter the multiplayer jungle. I lurked in T10 rifts, played for several hours, until I got into a group with one of those super-fast Demon Hunters, which runs far ahead of everybody else, even my teleporting Wizard, and then just blast bolt barrages.

XAZTDi.jpg

So, now I get to flaunt a Guardian Season 16 Portrait Frame:

ifzW3e.jpg

And yep, I'm still mad about the boy (Lamb), as my pet...

Perhaps there are differences between PS4 and PC in various ways when it comes to animation, framerates, etc. That would affect my view on the various pets quite a bit.

Melusina

Melusina

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Steam:Sorceress
  • Deadfire Backer

E1JPKkp.jpg

UWGjnjU.jpg

• sorophx likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2718 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
image.jpg

SadExchange

SadExchange

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

E1JPKkp.jpg

UWGjnjU.jpg

Would this be from the recent release on the switch? If so, how does it play?

Melusina

Melusina

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Steam:Sorceress
  • Deadfire Backer

No, it's not. I just started gaming for real until recently, so many good classic I'm yet to discover. It's PC screenshots.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts
A bit of background story for the (Guild Wars 2) pictures...

The nation of Orr was once a significant human realm. The Six (human gods) lived there until they departed the world.
Left to their own devices, humans succumbed to constant internal wars and weakened themselves, so when the Charr wiped out the realm of Ascalon and headed towards Orr, the Orrians despaired and a Vizier Khilbron did a big no-no. He used one of the artifacts left behind by the six and let's just say it backfired spectacularly. Cutting a lot of stuff about who manipulated events that lead to it all. Suffice to say, the cataclysmic release of magic not only wiped out the Charr High Legions, it literally caused Orr to be swallowed by the sea and the Island realm was now part of the sea floor. Much later, the Elder Dragon, Zhaitan used similarly powerful magic to tear Orr from the sea floor and raise it, building it's lair in the ruins and commanding the hordes now undead inhabitants. it's part the reason why this area looks like it sort of belongs on the bottom of the sea.
hzp4noo.jpg

When Orr was raised, the resulting Tsunami destroyed the human capital of Kryta and the humans built a new one, somewhere far away from the coast, calling it 'Divinitys Reach'. Thrifty refugees from multiple races rebuilt in the ruins of the old city and created a new free city which is sort of the de facto capital of the world, where all races meet and ply their trade. The 5 playable races have a local capital and a shortcut gateway to this city, Lions Arch.

Anyway, Orr is still a comparatively dark and gloomy place with undead of all sizes and shapes haunting the place

uYjrKCO.jpg

Just my necromancer girl trying to strike a suitably heroic posture, fiddling around with camera angles to use the light (which isn't sunlight, just an eerie glow from a magical source)

I7tF9WY.jpg
  • sorophx and marelooke like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9112 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

:lol:  Ignis is so vogue. :lol:

Ignis-General-00103a.jpg

Ignis-General-00104a.jpg

• Azdeus, sorophx, Keyrock and 2 others like this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1191 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm glad FFXV was made if only to give LadyCrimson screenshot fodder.

• Amentep, Azdeus, sorophx and 1 other like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9343 posts

Rua3zQh.jpg

LittleAmadillo0

LittleAmadillo0

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 165 posts

wOPbXnY.pngWOp8FHo.pngPr5Yw0e.png

• Keyrock likes this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10646 posts

Guild Wars 2 has a number of seemingly weird (and not so weird) achievements. Besides 'Chairs of the Realm' where you have to try sitting in 42 (made up number) different chairs all over Tyria, it has a master diver achievement where you have to find both obvious and well hidden diving goggles, put them on (yes, your character actually strips down to their underwear when putting them on) and survive a dive to a spot somewhere below you. At higher levels, the dives gets harder, not just to find the goggles, but to hit the intended target. In this case, half a kilometer down at the bottom is a Greek style amphora where you have to hit the opening. Just about large enough for a character to slip through.

jFT8cNq.jpg

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9112 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

GW2 makes for some nice screenshots. :) I still haven't tried it, outside of a beta or something a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users