Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

Game looks much better on my TV than on the (screenshots on the) PC.

bNSsO5m.jpg

DALeafA.jpg

0MLE3OD.jpg

7lKbr6z.jpg

Especially the industrial areas are awesome looking. Really makes me wish for more interactivity in the environment.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Shapeshifting Detective

YR0PGfL.jpg

NcHCjQ8.jpg

EsvXpng.jpg

pWYmV0U.jpg

That trash icon allows you to stay silent instead of speaking.  The circle with the name on it in the lower left corner is which person you currently look like.  Sam is the default character you arrive as.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Especially the industrial areas are awesome looking. Really makes me wish for more interactivity in the environment.

Lol.. Hate to be a broken record, but yeah, that is also one of my gripes with Rockstar and open world games and why I'm just bored with them. Interactivity is so lacking despite the sandbox element. Just comes off counterintuitive and as a result, largely stale. At least that's something the Elder Scrolls/Bethesda does right. Much easier to roam in those games than any other sandbox type.

True, but I also mean mundane things like factory work, etc. Loading / unloading trains and stuff. :>

Oh, such things are partly animated too already-- in Annesburg, for example, you can watch trains getting loaded with coal. That's a pretty cool detail.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been playing Grim Dawn quite a bit, finally finishing the game on Ultimate, and I've started with the Malmouth XP. I still play the same character that I've been for a couple of years, the 2nd one I ever made, a Sorceress, with about equal investment in both Demolitionist and Arcanist. I started out as a Gunslinger, but later on switched to Flame Torrent DW, since it's faster and more aggressive, which I like in Grim Dawn.

I've been tying a few loose ends, and trying my hand at those challenge dungeons and that Crucible DLC.

Ri0S58.jpg

The Crucible is really stressful, but in one run now I managed to pass 900,000, then 1,200,000 and 120, so I was able to snatch a very juicy reward. Nice stuff!

KwtbDp.jpg

6W6moC.jpg

nOqO3R.jpg

Fawhv0.jpg

4sKDpw.jpg

The Crucible is a good way to farm various items quickly. It's like five times easier than playing the normal game.

I'm happy to report that I survived the Torment dungeon, almost with Ease on Ultimate:

G4mAyx.jpg

kzVZJB.jpg

l1RHm2.jpg

rRqsOM.jpg

Though, so far, I haven't managed to survive the entirety of the Discord-Anarchy-Entropy challenge dungeon. The end boss keeps killing me:

8IGJa7.jpg

52bHh4.jpg

ExUEde.jpg

Oh, and if you think my character looks weird, it's because I've changed all items using the Illusion feature, compare Blizzard's D3 transmogrify functionality.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yay! This was a very fine day, indeed! I finally managed to unlock every single achievement in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, so now that's my second perfect 100% completed Dishonored game, and I've loved almost every minute of it. Having read the books about Daud and the Corvo/Emily comic books this summer, this was the optimal ending, my choosing to kill the Outsider instead.

It took me three playthroughs, and this was my only NewGame+, where you get a few of Emily's skills.

The last playthrough was mainly focussed on doing all those contracts and finding all the paintings.

At the same time, I got to vent a lot of real-life frustations on weird cultists and abbeymen!

tvT0uk.jpg

And I sure did, with a vengeance…

R4zwXc.jpg

I managed to get my hands on the 2,000 year old double-edged sacrificial sword, after some heavy handling in a huge bank heist.

n9bhWt.jpg

And the Outsider is beyond wise, his a philosopher of a timeless standing.

ZrvoLn.jpg

I killed everything that came in my way, like that Robin Wrightman-Penn character in that old movie.

PFObzJ.jpg

Truer words haven't been spoken.

U9vRM3.jpg

And geez, I really do miss Daniel Licht. His music really made the Dishonored games come to life. Thank you for the bittersweet music, Daniel!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Star Citizen 3.5 is live - that means, the planet Hurston and moons.

dLvlRXB.jpg

U6mNCM5.jpg

This also means you can ride with the metro now. Waiting for the train, getting too late to the train station and waiting for another train. Just like in Berlin!

NVWGzYU.jpg

WanhrFR.jpg

Could catch one while riding on the other side:

CKeMSl2.jpg

sKioGXk.jpg

hrwxT4r.jpg

GiKIGYz.jpg

Performance is so-so. It works better than before, but they still have to do lots of optimization. Also NPCs are glitching like crazy. There's also currently an aerospace expo / ingame-event. Every day another manufacturer will present their ships in a huge warehouse / hangar thingy. Some of the ships are so big, it's hard to imagine without actually seeing them ingame.

iA5HOk4.jpg

• Like 1

I tried getting to Hurston, couldn't make it in one jump so had to go through a rest stop. Got disconnected from the server after getting to said rest stop. Was back in Port Olistar when I logged in. Couldn't be bothered to make that long ass jump again. Meh. Might try again soon-ish.

UI needs a bunch of work still as well. I seemingly had enough fuel to get to Hurston in one go but the game wouldn't let me for some reason (it didn't bother telling me). Even after getting to the rest stop I should have been able to jump straight to Hurston as I had enough fuel left (according to the HUD anyway), but for whatever reason I couldn't. Not sure if there's something else I was running out of (Oxygen maybe? Who knows...)

Still a lot of work to be done there. Fixing the insane travel times, for one, especially if you're just going to punt people back to start on disconnect.

You tell me, it took me one hour to get there. Was raging about it as well at the time, because the game is still very unstable. I had no client crash anymore now, but server disconnects still happen too often.

Luckily my ship could make the jump in one go, without any stop. Once you've landed at Hurston once, you'll respawn there on death / logging in.

PS: The travel time is not a bug, but supposed to be this long. It's one of the issues I had with it as well.. especially because full persistency isn't in the game yet, and if you logout, you will start again on the last respawn point or something, which is highly annoying. But then again, if you have short travel times now, people will always expect this, even in the future. It'll be very hard to get away from this again.

Edited by Lexx

Artifact

eN6kZD4.jpg

5gfH0qT.jpg

iizqeHv.jpg

The imps are adorable and super well animated.  I am buying an imp plushie just as soon as they become available.  :wub:

q0Ckx9s.jpg

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

sOZ4CGC.jpg

Hello, mr. Novikov. I've mixed your favorite drink for you. With the... Special ingredient.

8MT1eIE.jpg

I'm sure that plane is a possible escape vector. I will attempt to destroy the virus. Now, cue the Bond music! ... Oh wait, they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UykPVofQuyU

nboZQuM.jpg

Yeah, people don't tend to notice strangers in a crowd. Especially in a crowd of protesters.

6HTnU8x.jpg

... Protesters that don't have a clue that the man they wish to rip apart lives no longer.

aSgmgzQ.jpg

What a nice hotel. I'm here for my room, see.

lcVEomu.jpg

So lead the way, steward.

pjZeuYZ.jpg

The room looks... Expensive. Of course, I've had agency stash some poison in it. In case a more ... hands-on approach fails.

z3VshoT.jpg

It did not.

(Also, **** working mirros. Suck it, naysayers, a modern engine can do a functional mirror! I can live with some performance loss!)

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Almost got a heart attack in this scene.

VS7vhOJ.jpg

I love that you can equip a pocket watch and then use it for real.

yOu1ebj.jpg

Well, sheet, online story mode does have some fun missions. This is how they apparently fight in Australia.

nU9YGDG.jpg

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

Jiq9WOl.jpg

Yeah, I'm stashing a sniper rifle next time I'm in the area.

yCx17KM.jpg

Oh look, my hospital room has a nice view!

iHb1T2h.jpg

And a nice spa! ... I wonder, if I just changed temperature of the water a bit to clear the people out... Dressed as that yoga dude over there...

twhdW9O.jpg

And, y'know... Offered my target some yoga lessons she's been craving

sLlozcr.jpg

I could get a decent stretch for straters.

FTtnW25.jpg

And, y'know, while she's so close to the edge, I might as well... Push.

1t4rTam.jpg

Oh. Well the employees don't get rooms quite as nice as I do.

xpBpWYl.jpg

At least they get to DANCE DANCE tho! And, as a part of my secret evil plan, I set their difficulty higher.

• Like 2