Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

My new Stygian priestess:

ygtdUli.jpg

Starting work on a new house:

5dTSvgz.jpg

It's going to take a while to build, but it will make for a pretty decent place to live and store all my stuff until I'm ready to start building my castle.

E868WnL.jpg

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The building of my house is coming along nicely.

0ilsKl2.jpg

gP5ZkON.jpg

I might be getting a little carried away, but I intend to host decadent parties complete with excessive use of mind-altering substances and wild orgies, like any self-respecting Stygian would aspire to, so why half-ass it? Who wants to have wild orgies in some ramshackle shack? I need to set a good example here.

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Can you just freeform build or do you need to acquire "building plans" of some sort? Do you have to go out and grind the stone materials used to build it?ย 

When you level up in the game you get stat points and feat points to spend. Stats are self explanatory while feats give you knowledge, blueprints, if you like, as to how to build different things; weapons, armor, building pieces, crafting stations, etc.

Tier 1 building pieces are made of raw materials, you won't need any crafting stations, you can build everything straight out of your inventory. Sandstone foundation and walls are made of stone + woodย and thatch roofing is made of plant fiber + branches. All these components you can either pick up by hand or gather via simple tools you can make from your inventory (stone axe, stone pick). What you see in my pictures is made from the jungle building set. That's not in the base game, a mod added it, but they are tier 2 building pieces, and they, like the tier 2 building pieces that are in the base game, are made of refined materials. They are made of brick + stone consolidant. Brick is stone + wood (for fuel) crafted in the furnace. Stone consolidant is twine + ichor crafted in the cauldron. Twine is super simple it's just plant fiber which you can refine down to twine from your inventory (3 plant fiber makes 1 twine). Ichor is a byproduct of cooking fish. Catch fish in fish trap, put them in the cooking station + wood (for fuel), you get cooked fish and ichor. Twine + ichor in cauldron makes stone consolidant. Brick + stone consolidant from your inventory makes a variety of jungle stone building pieces. I imagine tier 3 building pieces are far more complicated to make, but I haven't looked at them since I'm nowhere near high enough level to buy that feat yet.ย 

You can build your structures however you want and however long, wide, and tall... within some limits. Building is done via cubical tiles and the tiles snap together. You can place your first foundation tile facing any direction (and you can raise or lower it to your liking), but after that all the tiles snap together and all the pieces that I've seen so far are either rectangular or triangle shaped, so everything will be at either 45 or 90 degree angles. Maybe tier 3 introduces curved pieces or different angle pieces (30, 60 degree)? No clue about that. Snapping pieces together and rotating them correctly can be a bit finicky at first and there's a bug that will once in a blue moon prevent you from building in a spot, but there are workarounds for it.ย For the most part you can build anywhere. On flat ground, sloped ground, into the side of a cliff, etc.

• Like 1

The basic outer shell of my house is done:

upafv1d.jpg

g1aqI1D.jpg

nR4vsi9.jpg

The inside is mostly empty:

AAI3vuW.jpg

I'm eventually going to divide this lower level into rooms. You can see my bed off in the corner, I'll move it later once I have the layout complete.

0ylMIGB.jpg

This second floor (first floor if you're British) and the mezzanine are going to remain one giant open room. I'll probably add a ceiling in the future and use the upper floor just below the roofย as storage, with a ladder to reach it. I'm also definitely going to add some columns for decoration (and support). All manner of debauchery is going to take place in this giant, two-tier open room, so I'm going to make it lavish as ****.

DPrXvfO.jpg

Naturally, I have a sweet-ass throne up on the mezzanine where I can look out over the giant open space.ย 

HastyBronzeIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I finished building the staircase up to my Shrine of Set, upgraded the Shrine, and crafted a sweet Setite Ritual garb set. It's tier 2 light armor, so not the strongest protection in the world, but it is does carry the Hallowed effect, which protects against undead and corruption.

8oK0CSe.jpg

I also finished building the crafting area. There's a roof overhead to keep everyone dry, but it's very open to let the smoke from the cooking station, furnace, etc. escape. Now I'm building the foundation for the housing for my thralls.

AWiakOp.jpg

ย 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hmm....

FFXV-PEd-001.jpg

FFXV-PEd-002.jpg

FFXV-PEd-003.jpg

Since I have the Tab A tablet thought I'd try the Pocket Edition. The free chapter anyway. It's actually pretty good as a condensed version of the game. The skill tree is completely different structure/form and doings, combat is even more automated. But, y'know, mobile so it's understandable and makes sense.ย  Now I have to decide if I'm going to get a Google money card at the gas station (I'm not giving Google my CC, nope) to get the rest of the chapters ($20 for all). Hmm...

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 3
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Doing a bit of exploring

nGNmw1j.jpg

r8cV92e.jpg

I hit lev 30 and unlocked mid-tier armors, so I went ahead and crafted this Stygian Raider set.

XqbAxRT.jpg

I favor medium armorย since itย gives you the same mobility as light armor, albeit with a higher stamina drain for dodge rolling andย sprinting, yet offer decent protection. Heavy armor has great damage reduction, but at the cost of mobility. Also, heavy armor is terrible for exploring because your stamina drains super quick when you climb in it, and there's plenty of climbing in the game.

• Thanks 3

Built my first house under a rock overhang I started out camping under:
440900_20190511000656_1.png

Figured easier access to the water below would be neat, so started building stairs, ended up building a bunch of houses in the cliff wall
440900_20190511003805_1.png

The gods need a proper temple (actually underestimated how much space those shrines required so stuff ended a bit bigger than initially planned...)
440900_20190512120416_1.png

Temple and initial house seen from up top (the cliff wall is behind the house
440900_20190512120733_1.png

Not sure how the location is from a gameplay point of view (mostly spent my time building ;)) but irl it would have been a nice hidden location (if we disregard the temple, hehe) since the cliff housing is hidden except when you look straight at it and the same goes for the initial house.

Edited by marelooke
  • Thanks 1

A fellow Setite. You chose wisely.ย 

I don't know exactly where along the river your location is, but you'll probably need to make a decent trek to get ironstone, which is why I builtย my base on an island in the jungle area very close to plentiful iron. Still, you have plentiful water, wood, and animals for meat, plus you are probably not that far from a certain cave that contains a bunch of crocs and a giant croc boss, but, more importantly, lots of brimstone. Plus, there are spiders not that far from you for chitin and gossamer. What I'm saying is that it's a perfectly cromulent location for your first settlement.

ย 

My jungle base is now complete:

KJGlhj1.jpg

49K6Crv.jpg

I'm doing a lot more exploring now. I've managed to getย named (tier 4) carpenter and armorer thralls, though they are both still in the process of being broken (tier 4s take forever to break), but I'll be able to craft some flawless armor and flawless bows once they are loyal and ready to work. In my travels I'm keeping an eye out for a suitably EPIC location to build my ultimate base in the future. I'm thinking along the lines of on the side of the cliff (not on top of the cliff, but built into the sheer side, hanging off the ground) or something equally as crazy. No hurry, my current base will do nicely for the time being, but I'm taking notes of potential locations. My next trek will be to Sepermeru, the Relic Hunter city. The one big drawback to where I made my base is that it's on the far end of the map and Sepermeru is on the opposite end of the map. Oh well, I just need to make sure to be well prepared before I make the trip and to bring a sandstorm mask (tha mask from the Setite garb conveniently doubles as a sandstorm mask, since it covers your entire face).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

I explored the jungle some more and came upon the ruins of a city:

JylPuQa.jpg

On the outskirts of the city I found a Derketo shrine:

Cjt1pxe.jpg

As a proud Stygian, I attack Mitra worshippers on sight. Same goes for Yog, Ymir,ย Jhebbal Sag, and Crom (though Crom worshippers don't really build shrines, since Crom doesn't answer prayers anyway). Derketo, on the other hand, I'm more tolerant of. I don't worship Derketo myself, but there are plenty of Derketo cults in Stygia and The Goddess of Lust and I do see eye to eye in some respects. Derketo and her worshippers are very much into orgies and I'm staunchlyย pro-orgy (the Anti-Orgy Lobby hates me), but they get into some weird **** like bestiality and necrophelia. I draw the line there. I keep my orgies strictly human, breathing human. Still, I'm willing to allow Derketo worship in my realms, so long as my followers still pay respects and sacrifice faithfully to Father Set.

Luckily, the priestess of Derketo at the shrine was not hostile and we had a nice conversation:

bVYoEmv.jpg

I can't say the same about all the Lemurians around the shrine, who were very much hostile, and are all now very much dead. I got some really sweet Lemurian armor (high-tier medium armor) out of the deal, all the pieces except the helmet.

cANq1uc.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't repair Lemurian armor (yet), but maybe once Orqina Steeltongue (my captured tier 4 armorer currently in the wheel of pain) is a loyal thrall, she can repair it.ย 

Edit: I wound up going back and farming up a few more Lemurians until I got the mask to complete the set:

vraQh9c.jpg

All of the armor is at really low durability and I have no way to repair it right now, so I likely won't use it much until I can get it fixed up. On the way back, I ran across this fellow:

IO5qeQ2.jpg

I did not fight that giant spider. I highly doubt I'm ready for that. I did, however, wait patiently until it wandered away, then I snuck into its lair and swiped a bunch of gossamer.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Keyrock said:

A fellow Setite. You chose wisely.ย 

I don't know exactly where along the river your location is, but you'll probably need to make a decent trek to get ironstone, which is why I builtย my base on an island in the jungle area very close to plentiful iron. Still, you have plentiful water, wood, and animals for meat, plus you are probably not that far from a certain cave that contains a bunch of crocs and a giant croc boss, but, more importantly, lots of brimstone. Plus, there are spiders not that far from you for chitin and gossamer. What I'm saying is that it's a perfectly cromulent location for your first settlement.

I might have meta-gamed the deity choice a bit (I assumed it was a permanent choice, it doesn't appear to be so though). Given how my main source of hidesย  has been humans (hehe) Yog might have been a reasonable pick as well ;)

I'm pretty much directly opposite of that cave (assuming it's the one with the ghost lady running into it, got ambushed by two crocs bit further down so I heroically ran away), at the other side of the river. Iron has indeed been a pretty big pain to acquire but moving next to all the spiders isn't really appealing either. Need to get me some better weapons so I can just swat them and move around that area more freely. Or try to build a bridge so I can do away with the swimming across bit.

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

IO5qeQ2.jpg

I did not fight that giant spider. I highly doubt I'm ready for that. I did, however, wait patiently until it wandered away, then I snuck into its lair and swiped a bunch of gossamer.

Ah yes, I ran into a huge spider while I was trekking through the mountains, I decided to nope the hell out as well. Found a mega-croc next to a lake more to the west as well (left that one alone too, I'm such a hero ;)).

So far everyone I've encountered has been hostile, so kinda avoiding humans until I can get some Thralls set up and some better weapons crafted (still using the stone stuff)

Managed to craft me some Khitan light armor though:
440900_20190513113427_1.png

Went with light because I've been pretty good at getting into fights that are too tough and being able to run has saved my hide quite a few times already ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marelooke said:

I might have meta-gamed the deity choice a bit (I assumed it was a permanent choice, it doesn't appear to be so though). Given how my main source of hidesย  has been humans (hehe) Yog might have been a reasonable pick as well ;)

ย 

You can learn other religions, you just need to find a person to teach you. For example, Yakira (pictured in my post above) teaches Derketo. In theory, you could eventually build shrines to every god (except Crom), but from a RP perspective, it would be kinda messed up to build both Set and Mitra shrines, given that they are diametrically opposed. I can't compare to what you can craft from any of the other gods, but Set's snake arrows are are ridiculously OP.

Crocs are a pushover once you get a halfway decent weapon. Their attacks are very predictable and they are easy to get away from if things go south. Generally speaking, 2 hacks with your weapon then either roll far enough away to avoid their lunge attack or put up your shield. Wait for them to attack then go back in for 2 more hacks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Thanks 1