Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

Well, Gorth gave the inspiration, so I might as well admit to my problem join in:

character_overview-20190314.jpg

From left to right (oldest to newest, only lvl80 characters included):

1st row:

• Sylvari Daredevil
  • Human Dragonhunter
  • Charr Berserker
  • Sylvari Chronomancer
  • Sylvari Herald
  • Sylvari Scrapper (sPvP) / Holosmith (PvE)
  • Human Necromancer (WvW) / Reaper (PvE)

2nd row:

• Sylvari Weaver
  • Human Mirage
  • Sylvari Scourge
  • Sylvari Spellbreaker
  • Sylvari Druid
  • Sylvari Firebrand

One thing I notice is that while the relative size difference between the races is readily apparent, the size difference between different characters isn't (my Spellbreaker is like a full head taller than my Chronomancer, and I'm pretty sure she's taller than the Human Mirage as well).

I do have Norn and Asura characters, but none of them managed to make it to lvl80 yet (ironic, as my oldest character is an Asura). I was kind of, errr, shocked at my race bias, to be honest.

• Like 2

You have to give it to the Sylvari, they make for some incredibly illustrious and colorful characters with a bit of care.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks, Cheat Engine people. Any chr in any mission (cutscenes excluded ofc). So I was able to play with the panther a bit before I even reached that point in the game. More fun than practicing in "the Void".

DMC5-00008a.jpg

DMC5-00007a.jpg

DMC5-00010a.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally got around to doing the FFXV - FFXIV collaboration quest - Garuda boss and summon. The mission was kind of boring (and leads to new gear you have to grind for, meh, plus silly bro outfits, double-meh) but I like the garuda wing design.

Ansel-00025448a.jpg

Ansel-00025450b.jpg

Ansel-00025451a.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It looks pretty even though I have no idea what I'm looking at or what is going on

I play the game and I still have no idea what is going on.

But one is a Summon, which is something that randomly prompts in combat (or is scripted to occur), different ones do different attacks, all have flashy animations. The interesting thing (to me) is how little of it they actually show you vs. what you can see while using Ansel. I mean I know it's cherry picked for dramatic effect and all but I still wish they showed more. It's like how dance in movies used to show more of the full body, following dancer around, and now they just show you and arm or leg or flash on a movement for 1 second.

(Skip to 30 seconds if you want)

Edited by LadyCrimson

More Guild Wars 2... not so much my little Asura engineer showing off the shield on his back (although it's nice, especially the animated water, wonder how it keeps refilling itself???)

It's my excitement about the achievements nearing completion in the upper right corner. The two top ones will give me a mastery point each, exactly what I need to have fully unlocked all "Central Tyria" abilities. The connection to the shield being, I need those two mastery points to learn tier 4 legendary recipes so I can finish the legendary precursor shield he's wearing. Once completed (in some distant future), it will also feature a Quaggan who has made his home inside the shield.

("Out of Cluck" is an achievement for killing all the chickens in a specific Fractal)

Edit: What the finished shield looks like from the wiki page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shooshadoo

l0xzuJS.jpg

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Eastshade:  A little too much bloom effect but it's still pretty. It's kind of like wandering, exploring, and side questing in something like a Bethesda game, only with no enemies. And denser scenery. And "painting". Dunno if I'll get really into it, but it's pleasant and now and again it's nice when a game isn't all about violently smooshing stuff. Although after a while, I miss violently smooshing stuff. I've been well-trained apparently.

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-04-08-38A.jpg

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-22-48-38A.jpg

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-17-20-30A.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3

Eastshade:  A little too much bloom effect but it's still pretty. It's kind of like wandering, exploring, and side questing in something like a Bethesda game, only with no enemies. And denser scenery. And "painting". Dunno if I'll get really into it, but it's pleasant and now and again it's nice when a game isn't all about violently smooshing stuff. Although after a while, I miss violently smooshing stuff. I've been well-trained apparently.

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-04-08-38A.jpg

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-22-48-38A.jpg

Eastshade_2019-03-22_10-17-20-30A.jpg

Been having that game on my radar for a while, always glad to see something that is a bit different.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Honestly, I didn't realize just how bad BG looked until after playing Pillars and Pillars 2. But yeah, it's *definitely* looking it's age now.

It looks like you are playing the "enhanced edition" and the characters sprites are messed up. The original Baldurs Gate looks far better. Have you got a certain option turned on that makes it look like this? All the screenshots of the enhanced edition I have seen look far better.

Edited by bjon045

Ardyn really loves hats, apparently ... I swear it was like 15+ hats you could buy. I had to get them all, of course. 

FFXV-A-DLC-0003.jpg

• Like 1

Not the best pics ever, but just to say: the best mods ever! Finally a quartet replacement I actually like. I need to get the physics file so the clothes move more properly/don't clip as much.

FFXV-DMC5mods-001.jpg

FFXV-DMC5mods-002.jpg

FFXV-DMC5mods-003.jpg

• Like 1

Just woke up: mellow, meditative, let's paint:

Eastshade-0020.jpg

Some hours later, fully awake: "LETS ROCK."

DMC5-00015a.jpg

• Like 1

^ What games is that?

The World Next Door - really good adventure visual novel with action match 3 combat.

One of the pics is missing. :/

^ What games is that?

The World Next Door - really good adventure visual novel with action match 3 combat.

One of the pics is missing. :/

TBH, it was just a pretty in-game background I managed to snapshot before UI was loaded.