Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

Guild Wars 2 has a number of seemingly weird (and not so weird) achievements. Besides 'Chairs of the Realm' where you have to try sitting in 42 (made up number) different chairs all over Tyria, it has a master diver achievement where you have to find both obvious and well hidden diving goggles, put them on (yes, your character actually strips down to their underwear when putting them on) and survive a dive to a spot somewhere below you. At higher levels, the dives gets harder, not just to find the goggles, but to hit the intended target. In this case, half a kilometer down at the bottom is a Greek style amphora where you have to hit the opening. Just about large enough for a character to slip through.

jFT8cNq.jpg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

GW2 makes for some nice screenshots. :) I still haven't tried it, outside of a beta or something a long time ago.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh pictures OF rather IN games I thought this meant like pictures of your games sitting on a shelf an d I go tall excited. 

This is pretty cool also though... I've got quite a few from different games nad maybe I can get some wh here but seeing other people's

ocol ones isn't bad either. 

Quest Hunter, a cute little indie arpg. Has one of those overworld maps and going from map spot to map spot can have a small random encounters. Hack n slash, fetch quest, occasional things to move or carry to solve small problems/quests. Use shovel to dig for secrets. Small skill tree. Nothing difficult. But rather insta-casual fun. Plus, pot-helmet and pan-weapon. What's not to love?

Quest_Hunter_001.jpg

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just like when I played swtor, I seem to have this habit of creating alts in Guild Wars 2, more alts, many more alts... way too many alts :blush:

I thought it could be fun to put just *some* of them next to each other, comparing sizes and appearances (and practice my image editing skills). Not all classes represented, just the most used characters at the time of writing.

rK0HHEP.jpg

Yeah, those game character editors are worse than Sarlacc pits

• Like 6

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

BG looks worse than I remember it to... Must have not played it in a while, rose tinted glasses and all that.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Just like when I played swtor, I seem to have this habit of creating alts in Guild Wars 2, more alts, many more alts... way too many alts :blush:

Yeah,

I have 22 characters in Champions Online. 5 at level cap. 1 close to max.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

BG looks worse than I remember it to... Must have not played it in a while, rose tinted glasses and all that.

Honestly, I didn't realize just how bad BG looked until after playing Pillars and Pillars 2. But yeah, it's *definitely* looking it's age now.

I thought it could be fun to put just *some* of them next to each other, comparing sizes and appearances (and practice my image editing skills). Not all classes represented, just the most used characters at the time of writing.

rK0HHEP.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about GW classes and races, but nice assorted selection you've got going there, mate! :)

My favourite, just judging by atmosphere/feelz, would be that bottom left undine. Very cool! 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

My favourite, just judging by atmosphere/feelz, would be that bottom left undine. Very cool!

From left to right, top row...

Human Scourge (Necromancer), Sylvari Reaper (Necromancer), Human Chronomancer (Mesmer - think illusionist/sword master combo), Asura Holosmith (Engineer), Charr warrior (base warrior class)

Sylvari Tempest (Elementalist), Human Mirage (another Mesmer), Human Druid (Ranger specialization), Norn Berseker (warrior) and lastly Norn Firebrand (Guardian).

Humans are... humans :)

Asura are diminutive rat like beings with too much IQ for their own good, they got the egos to match

Norn are 3 meter tall human like beings

Charr are ferocious, cat like beings, totally committed to their legions

Sylvari are the youngest race in the setting, the first ones awakening about 25 years ago, spawned by The Pale Tree, who is the mother of all Sylvari

The game has so much lore, so much background material and a very expansive wiki. Took me months just to get a basic overview. Fascinating world though.

Edit: The basic premise is a bit like Mass Effect, a race of ancient, all powerful Elder Dragons wake up, destroy the world and devour all magic energy, become dormant when it's all gone in a repeating, millennium long cycle. In the base game, they are either stirring or just awakened and as the player, you need to create alliances to pool the forces of all factions, races, orders etc. to beat the first opponent.

• Like 2

I played through Guild Wars and unlocked a bunch of stuff for Guild Wars 2, and then I never really got into the sequel. I should probably go back sometime. I even read one of the books and enjoyed the lore.

I'm glad FFXV was made if only to give LadyCrimson screenshot fodder.

LadyCrimson spamming the PoyG thread with FFXV screenshots is the new melkathi spamming the thread with Mordheim screenshots.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm glad FFXV was made if only to give LadyCrimson screenshot fodder.

LadyCrimson spamming the PoyG thread with FFXV screenshots is the new melkathi spamming the thread with Mordheim screenshots.  :biggrin:

Me: "I have no idea what you're talking abo..."

PC: "You have 380+GB of 70k+ image/video files in a zillion FFXV directories. Duplicated on external HDD's."

Me: "Hush."

...Ansel screenshotting is just a serious addiction now. It speaks to the camera shutterbug in me or something and is a mini-game itself. it's hard to play other games for long because I keep wanting to hit the Ansel button all the time and feel disappointed when I can only take a "regular" screenshot. I almost bought DMC5 just for its screenshot taking feature which looks their own Ansel-imitation. But I don't think it'd be a game I'd play for more than a few hours. 

Asura are diminutive rat like beings with too much IQ for their own good, they got the egos to match

When I saw your screenshot, my first thought was "I bet that little guy there is the smart alek high IQ type."  Hee. I'm not typically all that into playing non-human chrs (unless they're cats, haha), but it's kinda adorable - probably the first one I'd try out, lol.

• Like 1

^ It was meant as a compliment.  ;)

Meanwhile, in Yakuza 0...

tMoaBXv.jpg

uTlv1a9.jpg

This lady is my new favorite character in the game.  :lol:

wdSpCen.jpg

Also, this happened...

uHU9aYe.jpg

And this.  Yakuza 0 is a weird game. Also, wonderful.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^ It was meant as a compliment.  ;)

I know...I wasn't taking you guys the wrong way or anything - I just often find myself amused at myself, wondering why I keep taking more screenshots when I have practically documented most of the game frame by frame already. :lol:

Took me a while to figure out techie/display issue stuff, haven't even gotten to panther-Ren in tutorial mission/s grr. The photo mode's camera zoom range is very limited (smallish circle centered around player-chr). Ansel is definitely leagues and leagues better. Supposedly I can get rid of the logo with a file I downloaded I'll try it later. If you're using a Dualshock, the button to get to Photomode is super awkward to hit in the middle of a fight meaning very tough to get action shots.  Plus a lot of blurry ripply effects.  >.>

DMC5-00001a.jpg

DMC5-00002a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1