Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

When I can't beat a certain level in DOOM, I just drink coffee.

And so here's some DOOM with coffee.

Why are you playing at such low difficulty level?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why are you playing at such low difficulty level?

You mean the highest available without Trial of Iron?... for DOOM does have Trial of Iron xD.

I seem to remember there being more spawns on nightmare. Maybe is just memory playing tricks on me, I too am getting old.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey a lot, as soon as I have time enough to relax after work, and this game is perfect in that regard. There is something truly meditative in my running, riding, and sailing through Ancient Greece and gather crafting ingredients, or my taking out the occasional fort or simply a politician, or my doing fleshed out side quests. This game is better than Skyrim, since this is a world I really care about and want to spend time in.

And the game rewards opportunism and goofy tenacity.

A good example. I was literally enjoying the view at a mythically pivotal cliff when Ikaros spotted a cultist on a boat like half a kilometre away from the shoreline.

Tired, I got the stupid idea to try to swim out to the boat and kill the entire crew and the cultist and then sink the boat.

I jumped in and began my endless sleuth of crawling strokes, and I just saw the ship get further and further away from me.

At its worst, it was like 800m away, but I kept swimming, hellbent on reaching it.

I swam around like this for 30 min real time, when I started to notice a waypoint pattern to this boat, it visited like five islands, hugging their coasts, so I kept trying to intercept its course, and like 20 min later, jackpot! The cultist boat began firing arrows at me when I got really close, but I managed to climb aboard and slaughter them all.

Here's my Kassandra - terror of the sea:

Dcp0tm.jpg

zvo4BD.jpg

EAqGor.jpg

SaupMH.jpg

And I have enjoyed exploring Crete, where I have been plenty of times, and what could possibly dwell deep in the labyrinth beneath Knossos?

Well, I thought it funny, having my character wear a minotaur helmet, killing the minotaur himself. And it was a pretty tough God of War kind of fight as well!

First, I tried to run around and shoot chicken arrows at him, but after two losses, I turned it all around in a third time's the charm moment, by simply tanking him and beating him to death with my beloved staff (Slow Time is a great ability to get up your adrenaline in melee like this, so that I can heal with Second Wind more often.:

uU4SwK.jpg

Yeah, this is Kassandra following the Ariadne string...

Q0F111.jpg

0TsyGE.jpg

vyqUcq.jpg

And just getting to meet Socrates and Phidias in person - priceless stuff!

mFo4Wa.jpg

3yyVog.jpg

Now, most tardily, I am about to get my Leonidas spear to level 5, so I need to kill more cultists, and I keep swimming. I've swam more than I've used a boat in this game. It's absolutely hilarious!

RMesib.jpg

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***