Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

Phantom Doctrine

AHqGxwr.jpg

My KGB agent Ekaterina Vasilyeva, codename: Kodiak.  I tried to make her match her portrait as closely as possible.  The game gives you a metric ****ton of portraits to choose from.

Vyt5wZh.jpg

4TUsOmU.jpg

EeJYTEw.jpg

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

360/"vr" - click for bigger - yeah, the skybox has lines in it when you can see too high and too much of it. :/

Ansel-00025089a-1280x640.jpg 

Because it's cool.

Ansel-00025075a.jpg

Being a huge Ignis-nut, you'd think I'd like this. But I don't. It's just too weird and since you can't alter body or head size in main-game, Ignis' head on Noct's body model = a stumpy, large-headed mini-Ignis with Noct-voice. Clunkily implemented new "feature."

Ansel-00025081a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

tried the same thing with 5 ciphers, didn't go well 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

tried the same thing with 5 ciphers, didn't go well 

My tank was an Unbroken Crusader of St. Elga. Insane defences and a potion of iron skin, and he was running a few screens ahead of the party always. Other than that, my arcana furbee always had scrolls of withdrawal for when the game wants to cheese you. There... that's my trick. Literally one-trick-poneyed the game. Kind of boring, to be honest. That's why I'm TCS-ing it right now. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Cindy has a new twin sister who is not confined to the garage or that certain outfit. Mods are fun.

Ansel-00025129a.jpg

Ansel-00025130a.jpg

On the complete and total flip side:

Ansel-00025125a.jpg

Ansel-00025126a.jpg

Hahahahahaha. :lol:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's like 'The Little Shop of Horrors' in here... where is my herbicide when I need it???

14jrf5w.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For various reasons your agents can get compromised in Phantom Doctrine.  To remedy the situation you can forge them a new identity.  Here is my main character's new identity.  You only have to change their name when you forge a new identity, but I went the whole nine yards and also changed her nationality to Polish and her portrait.  I figured I'd make her look like a badass while I'm at it:

kYXe8Zv.jpg

Some other random images from the game:

ClRQq83.jpg

HByPGzj.jpg

xCfGcwx.jpg

Shady, since you have the game now, let's see some of your crew please.  :biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ever since I got the actor trait I mostly use the same two agents for everything with a few more providing support. I had a couple story missions that I had to go full firepower but I think I really need to bump up the difficulty because I'm just using the same tactics.. creep around and take people out one by one then dispose of the bodies.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ever since I got the actor trait I mostly use the same two agents for everything with a few more providing support. I had a couple story missions that I had to go full firepower but I think I really need to bump up the difficulty because I'm just using the same tactics.. creep around and take people out one by one then dispose of the bodies.

In one review I read the author described the same issue, and he said it (alongside clunky LoS mechanics) led to him losing interest in the game. Apparently on higher difficulties you cannot simply dispose of bodies and the strategy of dropping targets one by one like that doesn't work. Seemed to be the consensus in the comments section that anyone with experience in X-COM style games should be playing on hard.

I've been keeping my eye on this for a while but I'm trying to wait at least 6 months to buy games. So please keep the comments and screenies coming...

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Same here.  The difficulty does ramp up eventually, mainly with more security measures, such as laser sensor gates, and agents with higher HP, meaning you may not be able to KO them if your own agents HP is not high enough.  Of course, I give my agents ALL THE STEROIDS, so that's not an issue all that often, and when it is I just kill every other enemy first, all silent like, call for evac, get everybody near the evac point and wait for the high HP enemy agent to get somewhat close to the evac point, then just gun him or her down.  By the time enemy reinforcements show up I've already peaced out.

You will occasionally be ambushed or combat will trigger for other reasons that I shall not go into for spoiler reasons, but I complete 90% - 95% of missions full stealth.  So, yeah, I agree with the sentiment that I really should be playing the game on hard difficulty, but at this point I'm almost at the end (I'm fairly certain I'm on the last chapter) and I'm pretty sure beating the game unlocks some starting options, so I might as well finish this normal playthrough and do a hard run with the new options in the future.

But, yeah, the game is too easy if you're at all good at stealth.  Still fun though.  I particularly like that you can do all sorts of fun stuff to enemy agents that you capture.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hiking through the Glowing Sea, Queen Jenna style.

377160_20180827203000_1.png

The Glowing Sea is the place for selfies, clearly.

377160_20180827203045_1.png

Didn't touch ENBs for forever in FO4 but I think I've been missing out

377160_20180827203139_1.png

Oh dear, and I have barely begun decorating, I think I might have a problem.

377160_20180828202204_1.png

How to kill your framerate, pt1

377160_20180829142607_1.png

How to kill your framerate, pt2

377160_20180829161634_1.png

Whelp, just going to sit here and watch

377160_20180829174139_1.png

• Like 1